Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else unable to attend Bronycon 2015?

Confucius

Hey Everypony!

As we all know Bronycon 2015 will be underway Friday, August 7th. Many lucky and great people I know are going but at the same time there are many who cannot. I for one have an anti brony family who banned me from merch and anything pony related. I was wondering for those of you not going, what is keeping you from attending?

Edited by SergeantShy

A whole lot of IRL adult things hampered my initial plans to attend. Illness, work, and a death in the family basically made it nearly impossible this year. I am looking forward to BABSCon though. And 2016 will happen come hell or high water

• Brohoof 1

A whole lot of IRL adult things hampered my initial plans to attend. Illness, work, and a death in the family basically made it nearly impossible this year. I am looking forward to BABSCon though. And 2016 will happen come hell or high water

I'm really sorry that happened to you Jeric. What a streak of bad events. I hope everything is ok now and you recover if you haven't already! :D

I probably would have been able to go, but I have/had to return to university a few weeks early to do my RA training. It starts Saturday night...bleh. Maybe I should've gone anyway, at least for Friday.  :lol:

As for future cons, I am tentatively planning on attending Everfree Northwest and/or BabsCon the next time those two roll around.

• Brohoof 1

Closet brony, and even if people did know about it my family doesn't have the money... One day I'd like to attend BronyCon, like when I'm an adult or something, but by that time I fear that MLP and the pony fandom will be dead and there won't be a BronyCon... So it looks like I'll never get to go :(

• Brohoof 1

I'm not going cause I'm living with family, and it'd be super awkward to ask them if I could go, and it's halfway across the country from me. Might go to Midwest Brony Fest next year if I get up the courage to ask my Aunt, though, as that one's literally 20 minutes from my house. Does anypony know, is that con a good one?

However, in two years I'll be living on my own, and I have an interesting plan. I've always wanted one of those VW Microbuses that seat like, 12 people, I've priced them and I think that I might buy one when I get out of college. And then it occured to me- If I do buy one, I could drive to BronyCon once a year and offer free rides to anyone between Missouri and Maryland. So, what do you guys think, would anyone hit up the "Brony Bus"?

I was gonna go with someone but then the plans got a bit complicated in my personal life. Nothing serous though. I hope I can go next year though since I'll be 18 at that point.

Besides, it's the same weekend of my vacation to Michigan so...

No money, no car, no driving skills, no in-person Brony friends, all prevent me from going. I'd love to go someday though. I'm jealous. It seems like a magical experience that I'd like to attend one of these years

• Brohoof 2

Hey Everypony!

As we all know Bronycon 2015 will be underway Friday, August 7th. Many lucky and great people I know are going but at the same time there are many who cannot. I for one have an anti brony family who banned me from merch and anything pony related. I was wondering for those of you not going, what is keeping you from attending?

Well there is travel costs, hotel costs, and things like that, so Money is an issue. There is transportation itself. I have no one to go with, sadly, and I am also a closet brony. So yay.

I'm from Australia, so we don't get any Bronycons here. It would be nice to attend at least one some day, however!

Closet brony, and even if people did know about it my family doesn't have the money... One day I'd like to attend BronyCon, like when I'm an adult or something, but by that time I fear that MLP and the pony fandom will be dead and there won't be a BronyCon... So it looks like I'll never get to go :(

Yea I worried about the same thing but my friend Selfie Pony reminded me that why would the con stop it it keeps growing and making more money? Hasbro may make the next gen just like gen 4 but more possible hold on the 4th gen a bit longer. The fandom will even still continue to exist even if the show stops.

Babscon is another con I wish to go to someday. However, that one would be harder for me since it happens during the school year. Not as easy for me to fly halfway across the country for. You adults have it easy.