gaming The longest it has taken you to beat a game

Grtxkkyz

About 70-100 hours for Skyrim, only because I wanted to complete everything, or at least as much as I could, before going on to face Alduin. And also because I spent half the time messing around and pickpocketing everything :P

Check out my art thread for some cute ponies, cookies and boops. img-34212-1-img-34212-1-img-34212-1-img-34212-2-fluttershy.png

img-34212-2-49dyPGW.gif

POKEMON SERIES.

I have been playing them since they came out and i dont think that im ever gonna catch em all.

That's one of the reasons I got bored of it, I've  never caught all in one generation, and suddenly, a new generation comes  >_> . Though I can't deny the good times I had with the first 3 generations  :P

k

I'm not sure if you mean in-game time, or real life time to beat a game  :huh: . If it's the former, I think Ni No Kuni took me the longest in-game time to finish the main story (over 75 hours). If it's real life time. I got four games that fits within the list, due to me being a n00b who didn't read dialogues and stuff as a kid  :blush: : Zelda ALttP, OOT and Majora, and Mario RPG. Paper Mario also took me very long, but it can be discarded because I had Mario RPG earlier, and I've finished it much later  :squee:

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

I barely spend much time on games. but the most time..probably around 32 hours on kingdom hearts 2 Final mix. I'm a rather big gamer and can beat a lot of games releatively quick, for example. the Dark souls games take me about 15-20 hours.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Took me 43 hours total game time, 2 months in real time.  :lol:

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2: about a few months in between being unable to finish the penultimate race full of rubberbanding racers and cops easily doing over 300 mph (and outrunning Ferraris as well). Maybe I was a terrible player when I was a kid back then but even so, the AI was just ridiculous.  

*Puts on shield*

Technically, I've never 100% beaten any game.

8de6b7e44e.png

---

But... I did beat the main story line of GTA IV, which to be honest I don't remember how long it took me, as I prefer to free roam rather than do missions.  Of course, even despite getting to the credits on GTA IV, I never completed all the side/odd jobs that weren't a part of the main story.  

---

I just like playing games for fun more than actually trying to beat them.   :derp: 

~ Miles

Edit: In retrospect, there's one game I do wish that I'd have tried to beat, but never even cared to attempt it back then, as I was very young... my favorite N64 game: Banjo Kazooie.  

banjo-kazooie-n64-cover-front-32061.jpg

Maybe one day I'll get the ol' N64 back out and try.  Hopefully it still works, heh.

Edited by Miles

sig-27651.c9d433c71d.png

~ Rise And Rise Again, Until Lambs Become Lions ~

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure which game's taken me the longest, but there's a Zelda game or two I stopped playing for years because of something scaring me in them (don't get me started on the Phantoms in Phantom Hourglass >.<). It also took some years to complete Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time, thanks to some touch screen issues on the one part of the game where the touch screen was used. x.x Wasn't until I bought a 3DS that I could actually progress through that part, but I still remember how annoyed I was at the time. x3

It took me a good 3 years to beat Half Life 2 the first time.

I had gotten to the Highway 17 level when I accidentally corrupted my save somehow. Not wanting to get all the way back there again I just left it alone. After about 3 years or so, I decided it was time to beat the game.

There are still games I have had since back in 2013 and '14 that I still haven't finished. Speaking of which, I should probably go finish those...

Edited by Terawolf

0upMx.gif

400+ hours of trying to finish Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP. The fun thing is, I still haven't finished the game.

I know that feel... I got 300 hours into Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and I got about half-way. Yeah. And then the next game got released. :adorkable:

img-30973-1-img-30973-1-lR5m9jk.png

Awesome signature by FallenTrench

People think my soul is filled with grey, but it's actually filled with rainbows!

It took me well over 200 hours to complete Monster Hunter Freedom Unite since there is a constant need to grind for better equipment.

The one that pops up to mind for me is Ocarina of Time. I first played it sometime around 2001/2002. However, I skipped over the Shadow Temple because it was too scary for me to handle. So I never actually beat it... I think I came back to it in 2009, and finally beat it then. Lol.

mlpwoodwinds.jpg
Everything needs more woodwind!

2 years. Zelda, The Minish Cap, I'm looking at you.

img-26276-1-img-26276-1-img-26276-1-img-
Special thanks to @Proton for making the Signature!
https://mlpforums.com/page/eqw-characters/_/approved/drakk-moonshine-r358
I Am The One Who Hides Those Things You Never Find... I Am The One Who Watches You From The Corner Of Your Eye... I Am The Lord Of All Mysteries... Greetings, And May We Be The Best Of Friends
Ah, back to the classic.

Circa 12 or more years : Worms Armaggeddon.

For years and years ive tried to get every gold medal and beat the damn game, but this game was so hard for me... :(

But after a lot of patience...A LOT of patience, i finally did it over the years  :squee:

The worst thing about this game was, that if you fail a level and then win the second time, you only get a silver medal and if you fail even more, you get no medal. Even if you dont use the extra help that you get, after the failing, you still get a worse medal.

Everytime i failed, i had to restart the game, which almost braked my ps2.

But after a long long long time, as i said and a lot of patience and restarts, i finally did it...so that i can finally forget the nightmare, that is this game.

Just kidding, i love the worms series  :proud:  ( even if they are extremely hard for me )

Edited by Velvietta

Signature.png.dfe30e494cadddd2f98e87ea7e3841eb.png

Sig made by Kyoshi

There are some games I have which I've never gotten around to beating. I guess they're all still ongoing. Many many years at that. ^_^

Never finished Tomba/Tombi, played the heck out of it as a child... umm, close to 15 years?

"Psst...Psst (Do your best, even if you don't stand out.)"

"The golden rule is: Think about what you're saying, then don't say it, and then just run away somewhere!"

img-30925-1-img-30925-1-post-8308-0-40154900-1434305791.png

Signature by @Kyoshi

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask took me 8 years to finish. I started it at a kid but I was too afraid of the game to continue.

img-33640-1-sig-3772517.sig-3772517.sig-
~My life is a bunch of Discord~
Yes, the pun was intended
~Kivil~

• 1 month later...

Trying to think of the oldest game that i have left unfinished in recent years...

Far Cry 2, i intend to finish it some day, so 7 years thus far.

Your friendly neighborhood alcoholic motorcyclist

Life is too short to worry what others think of you, be creative, be weird, live life.

sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.sig-7214.ajsigv1_by_ilostmyname243-d5xasj1.png

Check out my YouTube

here

Check out my Fiora Jungle Guide

here

Check out my Motovlogging Trailer

I suppose technically it took me 15 years to complete the original Spyro the Dragon on PS1. I mean, I completed all the levels plenty of times during my lifetime, but it wasn't until earlier this year that I finally sat down, got all the gems and dragons, and finished the final bonus level to get 100% completion.

Vh9PDd9.png

I hope some people get the joke ^^

I tend to beat games quickly, the longest its taken me to beat a game was Wizard 101 and it took me 6 years to beat but thats because its an MMORPG... the longest its taken me to beat a single player game was Paper Mario 2 it took me 4 years to beat, but thats cause I wasnt into RPGs back then... as for games I try to beat (and dont put down for months) usually take me 2 months at most and 1 day at the least

Sig2.jpg

Not counting when I've taken a break mid-game or anything it took me about two or three months to play through the Mass Effect series. This whole working for a living thing ain't working out. :okiedokielokie: