Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Characters you want to hear songs from

ManaMinori

Pretty sure it has more to do with the fact that the fanon version of her is hardly ever been mute. very rarely have I read a fic where she doesn't talk. that being said I did read a good one.

it doesn't change the fact that most of her fanbase are used to her being able to talk/

Plus she doesn't have to be mute to be unique, that's why we have personality traits. wanting her to remain mute just so that she's different it a bit weird. (unless you happen to be mute yourself and want a character who is like that too.  :sunbutt:  then it's gone from weird to, 'oh, alright.'

so fanon is supposed to override canon? At a con, Larson was interviwed at a panel, and he basically was told by someone higher than him that Vinyl wasn't supposed to talk, when he wrote Vinyl supposed to be saying something in the 100th episode, so it was revised.

Like I said, I still don't see why every pony needs a voice. You don't need to speak to get your thoughts across.

so fanon is supposed to override canon? At a con, Larson was interviwed at a panel, and he basically was told by someone higher than him that Vinyl wasn't supposed to talk, when he wrote Vinyl supposed to be saying something in the 100th episode, so it was revised.

Like I said, I still don't see why every pony needs a voice. You don't need to speak to get your thoughts across.

No, fanon does not override canon. I was just saying that people are used to her being able to talk.

so it's only natural for people to want her to talk/sing in the show.

personaly I could not care less about whether she talks or sings in the show.

if she ever gets a song, I would be perfectly happy for a brony to write it, and preferably Nowaking to sing it :love: 

I want one in style of those old-school animated heavy metal music videos :P

I can see a metal song going to Gilda. It would definitely suit her.

And MLP could use a dose of metal every once in a while

No, fanon does not override canon. I was just saying that people are used to her being able to talk.

so it's only natural for people to want her to talk/sing in the show.

personaly I could not care less about whether she talks or sings in the show.

if she ever gets a song, I would be perfectly happy for a brony to write it, and preferably Nowaking to sing it :love:

well then, frankly, I think that's where it should stay. There's already been plenty of nods to the fans canonized. Derpy's obsession with muffins, Derpy being pulled to the forefront, giving her her voice back, pairing her with Doctor Hooves, making her a mailmare, mentioning AJ's dead parents, having Vinyl and Octavia live together, making Bonbon and Lyra lesbian horses and beating everyone over the head with it, and more.

Fans can make her talk in their fanon and fics. They can make her do anything they want that the writers can't do in the show. They have far more leeway in fanon, so it just seems unnecessary why they want any more fanon influence bleeding into the show

there needs to a a cutoff, because fans will just keep asking for more, never satisfied with all the fanon things that they've gotten made canon, already.

Nowakun already voices and sings as Vinyl in fan projects. That should be enough, in my opinion. Far better than canon, for people who want her to speak and sing, because it already exists.

• Brohoof 1

I know we've had Fluttershy sing before, but I always feel she's hiding a truly amazing voice. Maybe they should have another voice actor for her singing like they do with other characters. I think it would be cool to hear Mr. and Mrs. Cake sing together.

still uses vocal cords. I honestly don't know why people are so adamant about a uniquely mute character, in a world where hundreds of others are abe to speak, to throw away what makes the mute stand out, and say/sing something.

I know right! I died a little when Vinyl and Lemon Zest were talking to each other in the background. I like the fan version, but I much prefer the cannon version :)

I know we've had Fluttershy sing before, but I always feel she's hiding a truly amazing voice. Maybe they should have another voice actor for her singing like they do with other characters. I think it would be cool to hear Mr. and Mrs. Cake sing together.

I know right! I died a little when Vinyl and Lemon Zest were talking to each other in the background. I like the fan version, but I much prefer the cannon version :)

I think Flutters has a singing voice thag pairs well with Rarity's. Duet, anyone?

well then, frankly, I think that's where it should stay. There's already been plenty of nods to the fans canonized. Derpy's obsession with muffins, Derpy being pulled to the forefront, giving her her voice back, pairing her with Doctor Hooves, making her a mailmare, mentioning AJ's dead parents, having Vinyl and Octavia live together, making Bonbon and Lyra lesbian horses and beating everyone over the head with it, and more.

Fans can make her talk in their fanon and fics. They can make her do anything they want that the writers can't do in the show. They have far more leeway in fanon, so it just seems unnecessary why they want any more fanon influence bleeding into the show

there needs to a a cutoff, because fans will just keep asking for more, never satisfied with all the fanon things that they've gotten made canon, already.

Nowakun already voices and sings as Vinyl in fan projects. That should be enough, in my opinion. Far better than canon, for people who want her to speak and sing, because it already exists.

I didn't know she'd sung song for Vinyl.  :blink:  though the only song I've heard her sing in was that winter wrap up parody.

I don't know why it doesn't make sense to you, people will always want their favorite fanon stuff to make it into the show.

And Hasbro is making choices that they beleive are right. in the end it doesn't matter what fans want, it matters what Hsbro wants in their show.

If you want to act all annoyed about fanon stuff becoming canon (that's what it looks like to me). then you should be annoyed with Hasbro for doing it. it's not like there's a mob of bronies forcing Hasbro to add this stuff to the show.

I doubt they would stand for it if it began to look that way. 

as far as I'm concerned, these nods to the fans are a good way for them to show that they know we exist, to show that they appreciate the support. Vinyl not getting her voice just proves that there are limits to what they are willing to make canon. 

and obviously we have more leeway for fics and fan projects. but seeing something we're a fan of get recongnised by the show is an amazing feeling. but again, things don't get added to the show unless Hasbro wants to add them.  :ooh: I honeslty don't think talking about it matters. as long as there are fanfics, there will be headcanon, and popular fanons. and as long as those exist, Hasbro will likely keep their eyes open for whats popular, and keep making little nods.

just as long as they add them to the show well, and not just shoe horned them in. it'll be fine.

I want Shining Armor to sing. I think he'd be good. He might have even sung Twiley to sleep as a filly.

OMC, that would be so cute!  :pinkie: I'm with you on that one.

Edited by Lucky Star

I want Shining Armor to sing. I think he'd be good. He might have even sung Twiley to sleep as a filly.

hubby and wife duet?

(Slightly related, would be nice if hubbh and wife horse got an episode where they're doing something with other hubby and wife horse, Mr and Mrs Cake.)

First and foremost I want to hear Spike and/or Big Mac sing in some form or another.  It could either be part of a larger ensemble, a solo or the two of them could sing a duet as a part of the "buddy episode" I want to see with the two of them.

A duet of Shining Armor and Cadence would also be awesome.  Cadence has an amazing voice.  Not sure about Shiny but that's a perfect reason why he needs to belt out a tune for all to hear.

I'd also love to hear Celestia sing more often.  She was absolutely enchanting in Celestia's Ballad and You'll Play Your Part.  I think it'd be nice to hear her sing a song that's a little more upbeat though, one that would show more of her playful side.  

Larson also said in a tweet that she didn't say anything in that episode because she just didn't feel like it. She's not mute. In fact, you can see her chanting with the chorus in Friendship Games' first song.

With that in mind, there's no reason for her to stay quiet. Singing wouldn't take away from her uniqueness, but rather enforce it because it sells the idea that she lets her music do the talking for her. I see people comparing her to Big Mac in how his conversations are almost always carried out with simple "eyups" and "nopes" and how that makes him unique, but even he talks in full sentences when he has to. That never made him less interesting, so there's no harm in giving Vinyl a song when the fans are all for it.

Larson also said in a tweet that she didn't say anything in that episode because she just didn't feel like it. She's not mute. In fact, you can see her chanting with the chorus in Friendship Games' first song.

With that in mind, there's no reason for her to stay quiet. Singing wouldn't take away from her uniqueness, but rather enforce it because it sells the idea that she lets her music do the talking for her. I see people comparing her to Big Mac in how his conversations are almost always carried out with simple "eyups" and "nopes" and how that makes him unique, but even he talks in full sentences when he has to. That never made him less interesting, so there's no harm in giving Vinyl a song when the fans are all for it.

the characters in EQG aren't the same chaacters in Equestria. They may look the same, but they're not carbon copies of the ponies. Pony Vinyl might be mute, but human Vinyl is not. CMC ponies are in elementary school. Their human counterparts are not. Spike is a dragon in Equestria, but EQG, he's a dog.

There's no reason for her to stay quiet, but on the fip side, there's no reason for her to speak, either, if we've seen she's comfortable not saying anything.

Maybe they can introduce her brother, and HE can get a song.

the characters in EQG aren't the same chaacters in Equestria. They may look the same, but they're not carbon copies of the ponies. Pony Vinyl might be mute, but human Vinyl is not. CMC ponies are in elementary school. Their human counterparts are not. Spike is a dragon in Equestria, but EQG, he's a dog.

There's no reason for her to stay quiet, but on the fip side, there's no reason for her to speak, either, if we've seen she's comfortable not saying anything.

Maybe they can introduce her brother, and HE can get a song.

The characters share the same personalities between FIM and EQG, so aside from the obvious design differences, they practically are the same. If Vinyl was truly never meant to speak as a pony, you wouldn't see her speak as a human, with or without a crowd drowning out her voice.

Regardless, I don't see the harm in making her sing when it's part of her profession. It wouldn't make her less likable, and it wouldn't ruin the episode/movie she's singing in.

My favorite BG-Ponies of course. That means Minuette, Amethyst Star, Lyra, Bon Bon, Golden Harvest and Derpy. I also would like to hear Coco Pommel, Tree Hugger (I think that would sounds interesting XD), Maud Pie and Miss Cheerilee. Octavia would be nice, or dr. Hooves. I hope someday, that Lightning Dust and Suri come back as enemies for Rainbow Dash and Rarity with a song. 

So, I guess that are all characters who I like to hear singing. 

Two things I forgot to mentioned here:

First a long solo from Fluttershy. I mean, she had only two short solos (So many wonders and Music in the Treetops) and the other Mane 6 had long solos. 

Second a duet between Twilight Sparkle and Fluttershy. That would be really nice for me. ^^

• 1 month later...

A song by Maud, no question. They could make it really ironically great by having her really sing her heart out instead of being monotone, or make it hilarious by having her 'sing' in her normal voice. Either way it would be perfect.

A 'rock ballad', perhaps?

Edited by EmeraldSkies
  • Brohoof 2

I really want to see Fluttershy get an actually decent length song.

Sure we have had music in the tree tops and so many wonders, but I want her to have a song that is anywhere from one minute to 3 minutes long by now.

Most of the main characters have now had solo songs that they are known for, so mostly I'm looking to see certain ponies paired up for duets. First and foremost on my list are Applejack and Apple Bloom.

I would love to see a ponified rendition of "this kitchen's not the same without you" from spongebob 

Edited by Vulcan

A song by Maud, no question. They could make it really ironically great by having her really sing her heart out instead of being monotone, or make it hilarious by having her 'sing' in her normal voice. Either way it would be perfect.

As long as they can get Lana Del Rey as Maud's singing voice...
  • Brohoof 1