Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you hate something in the show? I do

arftbmrf

It really isn't.

Believe me, I'm not into the whole incest kink some people have. Like twincest or any of that crap.

But this is like freaking out because you were dating someone and found out you both shared a cousin that came over on the friggin' Mayflower. No one cares. And seriously, you could probably find a common ancestor with ANYONE if you looked hard enough.

Me and you could be distantly related. You don't know.

You are, it's just an incredibly distant ancestor 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitochondrial_Eve

• Brohoof 1

Even if it's true, the show sucks really hard without featuring incest. To be honest, I don't remember any other things I'd have hated that much, as I hate MLP.

Sounds like you're a masochist.

• Brohoof 2

AJ is Pinkie's cousin.

Actually. That's not true. If I remember correctly she's her fourth cousin twice removed by a fifth cousin. 

They are still related. Anything related considered incest.

That's also not true. It's only incest when it's between people who are so closely related that they can't get married to each other. 

Edited by Gestum
  • Brohoof 1

@@arftbmrf,

Nothing. I don't hate a single aspect of this show. There was once, but as of recently, it's been beautifully turned around. I once loathed Diamond Tiara more than any of the major villains, I think it should be obvious why that's not the case anymore.

If I were to stretch and search for something that still bothered me, it's not the setting itself as I love Equestria with the same passion as I do many other fictional worlds, but a single episode and even then only something IN that episode. "Bats" was pretty good all in all until it got to Flutterbat. Good Lord, I despised that! That Fluttershy was not only transformed against her will, it was progressive and robbed her of not just her form, but her mind! Just that was really uncomfortable for me to watch.

Apart from those though, no complaints. Love Equestria and love this show for the positive impact it has had on my life.

@@ShadOBabe,

You tell 'em buddy! Love prevails over hatred! 

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

As for an episode with a sad ending, I think that the S4 premier, Princess twilight sparkle, counts.
Its an episode where the heroes suffer a legitimate "loss" in that they are forced to forever give up the elements of harmony to solve the problem. Even if the day is saved, they've just lost their most powerful weapon and only trump card.

That was one reason I liked S4's premier so much, in addition to having a nice bit of screentime for the other five to do something for once besides just being a cheer squad.

Threads like these are always good. :D I'm not even commenting on the obvious. It is what it is.

I honestly do not hate anything about this show. Yes, it has flaws like some predictable plots and some bland side characters. But that aside, it's more than competently made. It hasn't had one episode that I've found to be even close to unwatchably bad. Even regarding personal, opinionated reasons to not enjoy it, all I have to say is that I'm not always into the lighthearted nature of the show and I crave something darker on occasion, and even that craving is satisfied on occasion.

But hey, that's one opinion. Not insulting anyone else's, you know the story, this thread is hilarity. :P

I hate how the writers are all of a sudden adding toilet humour to make the show seem funnier. It doesn't need toilet hunour.

First in the song "Glass Of Water", and recently just in "Hearthbreakers", the words weren't directly toilet humour, but they count (the words contained the word "com" if you're wondering what they were, figure the rest of the worst out).

Secondly and much more noticeably here: http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/Party_Pooped

Appearantly the episode was originally going to be called "Journey To The Center Of Pinkie Pie". WHAT WAS

SO BAD ABOUT THAT TITLE THAT THEY DIDN'T GO WITH?!?

Marble Pie and Big Mac.

AJ is Pinkie's cousin. They are cousins, too. CousinXCousin = incest

It was never confirmed they were cousins. And if they were, they're distant cousins. and by distant cousins we're not talking about 2nd or 3rd, we're talking about like 6th. At that point, it's barely a blood relation. Edited by Little Riolu 2
  • Brohoof 1

I wouldn't call it hate on my part but Tara Strong recently was taken off my favorite voice actresses list. I do wish her the best in her career, but I have no interest in getting her autograph anymore. I still like Twilight Sparkle though :3

I wouldn't call it hate on my part but Tara Strong recently was taken off my favorite voice actresses list. I do wish her the best in her career, but I have no interest in getting her autograph anymore. I still like Twilight Sparkle though :3

Legitimate question, what did she do wrong?

Legitimate question, what did she do wrong?

Well there was a certain vine video Tara did where she said "We like doing Go!" then the VA for Beast Boy and Cyborg Says the same thing.  Then they released an episode of... that show they call Teen Titans Go! Where they joke about "character development" and "story arcs" not being shown in the series. I was mad about it originally but I stopped getting mad about it the next day. I just decided to not make it my problem. If they enjoy making a cartoon series that I don't enjoy, I'll let them. It's not my problem.

Well there was a certain vine video Tara did where she said "We like doing Go!" then the VA for Beast Boy and Cyborg Says the same thing.  Then they released an episode of... that show they call Teen Titans Go! Where they joke about "character development" and "story arcs" not being shown in the series. I was mad about it originally but I stopped getting mad about it the next day. I just decided to not make it my problem. If they enjoy making a cartoon series that I don't enjoy, I'll let them. It's not my problem.

So you don't like Tara Strong anymore because she enjoys working on a show you don't like and she wants to support it, especially since it's her job?

ok

• Brohoof 1

So you don't like Tara Strong anymore because she enjoys working on a show you don't like and she wants to support it, especially since it's her job?

ok

So when someone says "Think of the children" it doesn't apply to TV?

So when someone says "Think of the children" it doesn't apply to TV?

I don't know what you're getting at with this. If kids like Teen Titans Go, then they like it. It's not worth getting upset over

I don't know what you're getting at with this. If kids like Teen Titans Go, then they like it. It's not worth getting upset over

So movies like Pixar really shouldn't try so hard because kids will enjoy anything equivalent to jingling keys?

So movies like Pixar really shouldn't try so hard because kids will enjoy anything equivalent to jingling keys?

Don't go putting words in my mouth. I get it, you don't like Teen Titans Go, neither do I, neither do a lot of people. I'm sorry it's not up to your standards, but it's just a cartoon, if kids like it, oh well too bad. And saying that you no longer like a voice actor because she enjoys working on a show you don't like is extremely childish and petty

Edited by ChicksDigGiantRobots

The point is that you shouldn't get bitter at a voice actress for trying to enjoy her job.

Most performers try not to get so super attached to the things they work on like their fans do.

Tara's worked on hundreds of voices. This is just another one. It's not her job to fix the writing or the messages.

• Brohoof 1

Don't go putting words in my mouth. I get it, you don't like Teen Titans Go, neither do I, neither do a lot of people. I'm sorry it's not up to your standards, but it's just a cartoon, if kids like it, oh well too bad. And saying that you no longer like a voice actor because she enjoys working on a show you don't like is extremely childish and petty

This WHOLE THREAD is about childish and petty hatred of certain things about a kids show.

The point is that you shouldn't get bitter at a voice actress for trying to enjoy her job.

Most performers try not to get so super attached to the things they work on like their fans do.

Tara's worked on hundreds of voices. This is just another one. It's not her job to fix the writing or the messages.

So performance... doesn't matter? At least in the writing process?

So performance... doesn't matter? At least in the writing process?

No it's not about it mattering, it's about you holding a grudge on Tara Strong for trying to have fun while paying her bills.

Actors can't always be picky with the gigs they get. And she's probably got a contract forcing her to always do work on anything Teen Titans related. So she can do it and be miserable the whole time, or she can try and have fun.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

No it's not about it mattering, it's about you holding a grudge on Tara Strong for trying to have fun while paying her bills.

Actors can't always be picky with the gigs they get. And she's probably got a contract forcing her to always do work on anything Teen Titans related. She she can do it and be miserable the whole time, or she can try and have fun.

So it's best to let bygones be bygones and not care about what kids watch? :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Nit Pick

So it's best to let bygones be bygones and not care about what kids watch? :okiedokielokie:

Yeah, actually, that would be the best idea :o

Pretty much, yeah. Tara just does voice work.

If you're going to be petty, get mad at the people that created that piece of crap show.

And believe me, one crap show isn't going to be what affects a kid's taste for the rest of their life. I used to watch Captain Planet as a kid, and LOVED IT. But I also loved (and still love) Samurai Jack, SWAT Kats, Batman the Animated Series, ReBoot, Dexter's Lab, PPG and countless other acclaimed and loved animated shows.

Yeah, actually, that would be the best idea :o

Pretty much, yeah. Tara just does voice work.

If you're going to be petty, get mad at the people that created that piece of crap show.

And believe me, one crap show isn't going to be what affects a kid's taste for the rest of their life. I used to watch Captain Planet as a kid, and LOVED IT. But I also loved (and still love) Samurai Jack, SWAT Kats, Batman the Animated Series, ReBoot, Dexter's Lab, PPG and countless other acclaimed and loved animated shows.

So whats the point of this thread again??

Edited by Nit Pick