Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Why Teen Titans Go Sucks

AnArtisticPontato

I enjoy it quite a lot.

I mean to be fair, I just watch the weekend morning cartoons and it frequently comes on and it's just fun. Sure, I watched the original when I was a kid but didn't think much of it. But similarly to Adventure Time or Uncle Grandpa, TTG is a show I can sit down and watch for a couple of hours and just ENJOY watching it. It's not as bad as some people seem to make it out to be and I have laughed quite a few times when watching it.

• Brohoof 1

I take issue with it because of how it is as a show. As much as I don't think it holds up to the original, that's the least of my complaints. I don't like the comedy of the show. There was someone who worked on the show that even said "Be stupid. Don't try to make smart comedy." (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55257). Since I don't like the thing that happens to be the main focus of the show, there's a good chance I'm not going to like it. The people who work on the show also play the "kids show" card way too much. The problem with that is it's basically saying that if something's for kids, it's free of criticism, when in fact, it isn't. This is an interesting video to watch on this subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2a3hiys_Y

I take issue with it because of how it is as a show. As much as I don't think it holds up to the original, that's the least of my complaints. I don't like the comedy of the show. There was someone who worked on the show that even said "Be stupid. Don't try to make smart comedy." (http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55257). Since I don't like the thing that happens to be the main focus of the show, there's a good chance I'm not going to like it. The people who work on the show also play the "kids show" card way too much. The problem with that is it's basically saying that if something's for kids, it's free of criticism, when in fact, it isn't. This is an interesting video to watch on this subject. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN2a3hiys_Y

... They're not saying the show is immune to criticism. They're saying that shows made for children will be made for current children, not for you as you were as a child.

Things change, children's shows are different now because kids now expect and want different shows than you did back then, and us old folk look at it and go MEH! NOT MY BATMAN and hate it unfairly. That's what they're saying.

As an avid fan of the original series let me ask you all this question. If I took a shit all over one of your favorite shows would you like it? Well that was what the creators of this show did. This show is an INSULT to both Teen Titans and it's fans. Seriously, This show is so bad that it actually makes anything 4Kids TV ever pulled out of their asses look good...

Not that the latter part means much coming from me considering I've actually never hated anything made by 4kids TV.

Edited by Asbel Lhant

Oh dammit not this again.

The show has no problems. The reason you don't like it is because you were looking for the melodramatic anime mess that was the original Teen Titans, whereas Teen Titans Go is a full comedy sketch akin to Looney Tunes.

I'll just point out "Go is more successful and has higher ratings than Teen Titans ever did" and just let the flamewar run itself. >_>

"More successful" So what? Naturo is more successful than Hunter x Hunter but still it's a piece of crap in comparison.

In my opinion, Teen Titans Go is shit. No offense but you can't come here and claim that is everyone's reason for disliking Go, doing so is just foolish. I have seen the original series and enjoyed it somewhat but that is not the main reason why I dislike Go. Yes, I'm pissed off that they're giving the finger to all fans of the original series but what bugs me the most is how bad executed everything is. "The show has no problems". w0t u serious m8? Seriously, the humor is just cringe-worthy through the entire thing. I should probably also mention that I usually like these kind of silly shows. This one is more like "let's come up with the most stupid story we can and stuff it full of poop jokes". It's dumb.

• Brohoof 1

If I took a shit all over one of your favorite shows would you like it? 

No, but I would act like an adult and move on. 

Well that was what the creators of this show did. 

It's a completely different show for heavens sake.  The original doesn't get any worse because this exist. 

This show is an INSULT to both Teen Titans and it's fans. 

How is it an insult to you and Teen Titans?  

Seriously, This show is so bad that it actually makes anything 4Kids TV ever pulled out of their asses look good...

You can't compare this and 4kids since they are two completely different things. 

• Brohoof 1

Exactly my thoughts. Haha nah but seriously, the biggest audience is not people who have seen the original show. It is kids, and kids today love these kind of shows for some odd reason.

I suppose they're into shows with bland and unappealing humor?

• Brohoof 1

I suffers the same kind of "hate" that Equestria Girls did. Everyone gets online to bitch complain, make petitions, but then watches the films and 5 stars them for whatever reason. Despite all the "hate" Go is still insanely popular. You'd think with all this hate that wouldn't be true, but the same happened with EQG, and all it really proved is people just like to complain where it doesn't change anything and then they will sit down and just accept it.

Except the Equestria Girls movies were actually good and like what they were based on. Only difference was humans instead of ponies.

That's not what every fan was saying at the time of their release. I remember petitions to cancel it before it started and many people insisting it was the worst movie ever made and groaning at a sequel... Yet... They turned around and gave it good ratings. Clearly people just like to hate things that are different because it's "cool" to be a critic.

That's not what every fan was saying at the time of their release. I remember petitions to cancel it before it started and many people insisting it was the worst movie ever made and groaning at a sequel... Yet... They turned around and gave it good ratings.

However, Go! blatantly refuses to turn around like that, hence the difference.

Well, i never watched Teen Titans Go, or Teen Titans but i watched the Original from the 1960 s Teen Titans Cartoon that ran for 3 Episodes  :lol:

And if your critic point is, that Teen Titans Go is bad, because it portraits the characters wrong and has a different style than the other Teen Titans Show, you should know the Fact, that the newer Teen Titans also did many changes to the very old Cartoon from the 60s.

They even changed some characters completely. As far as i remember, the original Teen Titans consisted of Speedy, Kid Flash, Wonder Girl and Aqualad.

I think the cast of the newer Teen Titans changed completely if im correct.

So, even your beloved Show changed everything completely, the style, the overall tone and even all of the characters.

But what do i know  :lol:

I still have to watch both the other Teen Titans Cartoons.

• Brohoof 1

There is an entire episode of Teen Titans Go dedicated to saying the word "Waffles" over and over again. That isn't funny, it's stupid. Everything I've seen from the show isn't funny. It being a comedy is not the problem, it being a bad comedy is the problem.

I don't even remember the original show too much, with the exception of a few particularly memorable episodes. It was alright. It had some cool stuff but I never loved it, but I can see how TTGO would be a disappointment to people. Change isn't a bad thing, the idea of a Teen Titans comedy show isn't a bad thing, but execution seems lacking.

If people like the show, good for them. I might not agree with their taste entirely, but nothing against them personally, they can have any opinion about it they want. But it's not hard to see how fans of the last show would be disappointed by this one.

• Brohoof 3

I suffers the same kind of "hate" that Equestria Girls did. Everyone gets online to bitch complain, make petitions, but then watches the films and 5 stars them for whatever reason. Despite all the "hate" Go is still insanely popular. You'd think with all this hate that wouldn't be true, but the same happened with EQG, and all it really proved is people just like to complain where it doesn't change anything and then they will sit down and just accept it.

That's not what every fan was saying at the time of their release. I remember petitions to cancel it before it started and many people insisting it was the worst movie ever made and groaning at a sequel... Yet... They turned around and gave it good ratings. Clearly people just like to hate things that are different because it's "cool" to be a critic.

A bit off topic but actually I believe the reason why Equestria Girls was so hated was because the fans thought that the whole concept alone of turning the ponies into humans was enough to ruin them. They're pretty hypocritical because of that too since considering before those movies were ever even made there were tons of fan art of the ponies as humans...

I also heard that alot of fans didn't even give the movie a chance. Meaning they didn't even watch it.

Because the "comedy" itself is too unfunny and/or mean-spirited to said people.

I agree. It's just the aim was comedy, not actual superheroes, which some people don't understand.

Let's just leave this before we start a flamewar.

I just don't like Go because I don't find it funny, and the characters are so flat and boring. The characters constantly fall into annoying categories, too..

I prefer the original, but I am not a huge fan of that either. The original was good, and had a pretty decent story to me.

• Brohoof 2

I see Teen Titans Go as a parody. And while some jokes are dumb and stupid, most of the time they made me laugh real good. Not many shows accomplish that.

I think most of the criticism this show gets it's undeserved, at most of it comes from attempting to compare it with the original show. Doing so it's like comparing Terminator with The Little Mermaid >_> 

PD: WHERE THE HAY IS SLADE? THEY MADE FUN OF TRIGON (which is always hilarity incarnate :twi: ), BUT NO SLADE  :angry:  

I really think it's becoming over hated. Every other comment I see about the show acts like it's the worst thing since Hitler when in reality there's far worse out there, like everything currently on Nickelodeon for example.

Oh god. Nickelodeon is the child actor who got into drugs and went crazy.

There is an entire episode of Teen Titans Go dedicated to saying the word "Waffles" over and over again. That isn't funny, it's stupid. Everything I've seen from the show isn't funny. It being a comedy is not the problem, it being a bad comedy is the problem.

I don't even remember the original show too much, with the exception of a few particularly memorable episodes. It was alright. It had some cool stuff but I never loved it, but I can see how TTGO would be a disappointment to people. Change isn't a bad thing, the idea of a Teen Titans comedy show isn't a bad thing, but execution seems lacking.

If people like the show, good for them. I might not agree with their taste entirely, but nothing against them personally, they can have any opinion about it they want. But it's not hard to see how fans of the last show would be disappointed by this one.

I agree with this. God, why didn't I word my original rant thing more delicately like this?

Oh god. Nickelodeon is the child actor who got into drugs and went crazy.

It seems every cartoon that comes out of Nickelodeon is a ripoff of Spongebob (Sanjay & Craig, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Breadwinners). All their live action tries way to hard to imitate popular and Internet culture, they're so desperate now that they take anything off YouTube.

It seems every cartoon that comes out of Nickelodeon is a ripoff of Spongebob (Sanjay & Craig, Fanboy and Chum Chum, Breadwinners). All their live action tries way to hard to imitate popular and Internet culture, they're so desperate now that they take anything off YouTube.

All of thos could have gone pretty well to be honest, but they weren't executed well... at all. They seem like they're supposed to be ripped off of the newer seasons of Spongebob.

I'm surprised a lot of people don't understand why there are comparisons. Of course there are going to be comparisons when the show, it's an adaptation of an pre-existing franchise. Similar to how people make comparisons between the Tim Burton Batman movies and the Christopher Nolan Batman movies, since they're both adaptations of Batman. Also, people make comparisons between the current MLP with previous generations. Even though Teen Titans (2003 show) and Teen Titans Go are different types of shows, they're both adaptations of the Teen Titans franchise, so they're going to be compared between each other.