S05:E24 - The Mane Attraction  

227 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• I hated it!
    • Nope. Didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was OK
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT .... HOOFSIES <3

I don't care much about current celebrities either, just like applejack. I don't read any VIP news, or care what these celebs do.

AJ seems to be a down to earth pony, who dosen't seem to care alot about current celebs or trends, which is kinda like me. So the fact that she dosen't know Equestrias "biggest celeb" isn't too far off from the truth.

I suppose you're right. But still, it is a bit weird

I caved and watched the episode early last night on YouTube for $1.99. to be honest, I actually like this method better, Hasbro is directly receiving my money and view this way. It's cheaper for the season pass than paying for special channels every month and there aren't any commercials. I may just end up doing it this way every season.

For the episode itself, I enjoyed it. I think Coloratura is adorable. She was totally cute and I wish we had seen even more of her. I hope she comes back in future episodes.

I think Applejack is such a buzzkill. She was salty after the song Spectacle. I'm not really a fan of pop but I enjoyed that song a lot.

Did feel bad for Pinkie Pie getting blasted by Swingallop every 2 minutes.

The songs were fantastic, really hoping they become available on iTunes soon. Finally seeing Who I Am animated was also satisfying.

I enjoyed Lena Hall's performance as well. She has an adorable voice and I'd love to hear her again.

All in all, this was a very nice episode that topped off a great season before the finale.

• Brohoof 1

I rather liked it. it was pretty good. It was a quality episode. The antagonist got on my nerves a tad.  :eww:

Christopher Walken Pony: "Hey, Svengallop! You're talking to my girl all wrong; it's the wrong tone! You do it again... I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron!"

• Brohoof 3

I was going to say that Svengallop was unbelievable 1-dimensional in how much of a despicable jerk he is, if not for the fact that that was the whole point. The guys the purest example of a Hate Sink (a characters whose sole purpose is to be despised) from every known angle.

To be fair to him, he did have a hard time growing up. It wasn't easy getting to where he is now. I mean, selling antique chicken statues is a hard life.  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

On the episode I thought it was nice I enjoyed the singing and Rara's design.

I also enjoyed that we most likely just learned the National Anthem of Equestria, which I thought was nice.

The episode was pretty predictable, though.

• Brohoof 1

My reaction to Lady Gaga pony:

sig-4224977.sig-4224977.500px-Excalibur_

So, um....are we just going to overlook that AJ basically destroyed "Countess'" whole mega pop star career? Straight up left her without a manager to handle the performance list, stage props, lights, makeup, sound , everything. And no doubt a chunk of her fans won't like the new , or rather old her. No doubt her reputation that exceeds even Sapphire Shores as the pony of pop is ruined, now that she's content with being herself. Never considered you'd ruin your filly friend's entire career, before you intervened, didja, Apple Jack?

So we're just ignoring that whole issue? Guys?

(See 18:34 )

That's an issue I totally forgot about...so yeah, AJ made a well-intentioned mistake. Derp.

That is, unless we assume she got a new manager or decided to quit the pop-star life.

• Brohoof 1

oh I see rara=gaga so this is totally Lady Gaga but ponified

Don't know if it's been pointed out but it's also interesting that if RaRa is a correlation to GaGa, so is Countess Coloratura to her character Countess this season on American Horror Story.

Reminds me of an old joke about gaga liking her meat raw raw raw raw raw (or ra ra ra ra ra?) .

Edited by Lexamena
  • Brohoof 1

I think Rara is just adorable! Once she sees the truth and is her self. In so happy that Apple Jack was able to get through to her. This is surely one of my favorite of the season so far and that song is the best!!

I agree, it was really sweet in that light! I think I was just hoping for there to be a little more struggle regarding Rara getting rid of her manager. I understand that Rara wasn't a bad pony, I think I just like My Little Pony episodes that focus more on internal conflict. 

• Brohoof 1

That was an incredible episode. AJ was really good here, and I loved the songs, especially The Magic Inside. 

That manager was a dick, though,

• Brohoof 3

So, um....are we just going to overlook that AJ basically destroyed "Countess'" whole mega pop star career? Straight up left her without a manager to handle the performance list, stage props, lights, makeup, sound , everything. And no doubt a chunk of her fans won't like the new , or rather old her. No doubt her reputation that exceeds even Sapphire Shores as the pony of pop is ruined, now that she's content with being herself. Never considered you'd ruin your filly friend's entire career, before you intervened, didja, Apple Jack?

So we're just ignoring that whole issue? Guys?

(See 18:34 )

Yah, well.  One less manufactured plastic person in the world.  It's all good. 

Horrible episode, like always. I swear, even I could've writed a better one, and I'm not even a professional writer.

Charity? In Equestria? Way to go. I thought that Equestria has everything it needs without any charities, but surprise! It doesn't.

Managers? Pop-star crap? Great. What's next? We're gonna see a prostitute having problems with her pimp and have Rarity help her to find a new one? Oh, wait, we've already seen hints about that, with Cherry Jubellle and her 'cherry farm' that needs ponies 'with strong back and hooves'. Yeah, right.

Another proof that they all forgot what MLP:FIM should really be about. What Equestria should really be about. And that's just sad. Hope they will put G4 out of it's misery ASAP.

I like that episode a lot! The song "The Magic Inside" is the best of season 5, possible the best ever of the show. Even though the story of artists to be themselves, its presented in a realistic way we can relate to. Lena Hall is perfect for the role of Coloratura (Rara). I also found the opportunity to create a short funny video about another guest in the show. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWrc2VZBKfQ

Edited by Standing Leaf
  • Brohoof 1

I like that episode a lot! The song "The Magic Inside" is the best of season 5, possible the best ever of the show. Even though the story of artists to be themselves, its presented in a realistic way we can relate to. Lena hall is perfect for the role of Coloratura (Rara). I also found the opportunity to create a short funny video about another guest in the show. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWrc2VZBKfQ

I love that song. Call me lame but I've always liked it.
  • Brohoof 1

On a random note, I bet after the opening act for the festival, a metal band called Tartarus (ala Slayer) came up on stage. At least that's my headcanon.

Edited by vgmaster9

They really take it to the next level by making Rara be more like Lady Gaga... uh, in pony version... :please:  I'll be surprise if Lady Gaga play as Rara but it wasn't her.

That's song at the end is really touching that I cried(for REAL!). I'm with you AJ!

The episode and the message it delivered were both fine. The animation was fine. The new character was fine. But, and I'm trying to put this as politely as I can, the 'music video' slapped in the center of the episode was, uncontested, the most cringe-inducing thing I have ever seen. That is exactly what those who oppose bronies point out when they want something to mock us for, and it should not be encouraged.

Edited by Sectus
  • Brohoof 1

I think we've all been in a similar situation, or known someone who has.

It happened to me-  as chronamut I got very popular online - people treated me like a celebrity for my art and my music, and it started to turn me into someone I wasn't.. and it wasn't until the past few years that I started to peel off the layers and went back to just being simple old me, who didn't have to compete with anyone else, or worry about being forgotten or losing my reputation - once you lose what you think you had you realize that it wasn't what was important in the end.

Also for those that know the story of lady gaga, Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta was originally just a regular girl with a strong wonderful voice, who released albums but was never noticed - so she changed to become what people wanted to see, but not who she wanted to be. She has since started to say no, and fight back to represent who she wants to be.

https://www.facebook.com/CollectiveEvolutionPage/videos/10153693057953908/?pnref=story

Edited by Chronamut