Most Improved Character in Season II

Whiteshade

Most improved character for season 2  

65 users have voted

1. 1. Vote. For Science.

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Diamond Tiara (because nopony is voting AJ)
    • Fluttershy
    • Rarity
    • Spike
    • CMC

So, who in your opinion is the most improved character of season 2? Ie which character grew on you the most?

I didn't include the one shot, newly introduced, or Luna (still not enough airtime imo) and Celestia (she is already perfect in every aspect)

I think Fluttershy improved the most, because she became more assertive and also more self-confident, which were two of her biggest flaws.

So what is your opinion? I'd love to hear it, and as long as you agree with my position no penal action will be taken.

Edited by Whiteshade

Rarity HANDS DOWN. I didn't like her in the first season-she was probably right before FS as least favourite character--but after Sweet and Elite I realized that she was really realistic and I could relate to a lot of her problems. Not to mention that she's the most complex of the Mane 6 :)

Same with AJ. I just loved that she had more episodes starring her.

So they're my two favourites now :)

• Brohoof 1

I'd have to say RD, Since the first season she was really hard headed and straight forward, But now she's more understanding and see the real importance in things, Like in the episode Hurricane Fluttershy she really wanted to break the record, but when it came down to getting it done she realized that just getting it done was top priority, and she was also more concerned and supportive of Fluttershy than she normally would of been in past episodes.

• Brohoof 1

It's a really tough call. If you ask me, it's Fluttershy, too. Although she starred in two episodes, these issues she were dealing with were huge flaws to her character. Her inability to be more upfront without doubt and fear of doing anything useful for the rest of the pegasus fliers were partially what defined her. From her close sociability with the wildlife to her more relaxed pace of flying to her gentle grace to her name!

In Putting Your Hoof Down, we were introduced to her scared psyche. Everypony she saw supposedly shoved her aside and treated her as if she were second-fiddle. When she tried to reason, she was too quiet and reserved because she didn't want to cause a scene. Then when she showed up to Iron Will's stage presentation, she took everything he took to heart, therefore doing a double-take in her personality. Her scarred psyche now resulted in frustration and anger, unfortunately taking them out on ponies who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. It took her mild confrontation with Iron Will to release those fears that bound her conscience like a Gordian Knot.

Unfortunately, in Hurricane Fluttershy, the Gordian Knot wasn't completely untied. Rainbow Dash's announcement of motivating the pegasi into pulling the water from the Ponyville reservoir into the Cloud Factory in Cloudsdale was the result in the return of her other half that kept her from advancing. All the constant taunting of the other ponies because of her poor wing strength was partially responsible for preferring to not fly so fast and diligently lest there were some sort of force that drove her completely nuts! Then when she trained so hard and couldn't come close to Rainbow Dash's expectations, no matter how much Rainbow Dash encouraged her, it crushed her. Spike's inadvertent insults didn't help matters, either. Then, when she did join because every pegasus couldn't reach the minimum power number, she was able to conquer those scars and help soar that needed water into Cloudsdale, resulting in a Ponyville-wide celebration. Here, the Gordian Knot was finally untied, and she transformed into a more self-confident pegasus with a clear mind and fresher perspective on not only society, but herself, too.

Hmm, I think a 3 way tie between...

Twilight.

She stopped becoming so worried and trying to be the leader all the time. She was more let loose this season, especially after "It's About time"

Fluttershy.

She got more character development in this season, and the assertiveness is obviously the biggest spike in her personality.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders.

I didn't care so much for them in Season 1 since they were all: "Get cutie marks!" and nothing else. In S2, they had more episodes, and they are a whole lot better than the other ones. Hearts and Hooves Day and Ponyville Confiential are good examples.

I think its Spike. In season 1 he was support tier. He wasn't even a main character, y'know, like Celestia. In season 2, we got to learn a lot about him in the same way Cutie Mark Chronicles was presented for the six main ponies. He gains a pet signifying he was upgraded from support tier character to main tier character. He also got 2 episodes centered on him which is about the same number of episodes for each of the six main ponies.

Rarity's main upgrade was her treatment of Spike. The Spikey-wikey thing got carried over two episodes and it becomes more pronounced when you compare it to her treatment of him in season 1.

RD gained a pet and learned to read... err I mean learn to enjoy reading books.

Fluttershy learned to be assertive.

Pinkie learned to be responsible by taking care of the Cake Twins.

Twilight learned from Lesson Zero and Its About Time about worrying about things that haven't happened yet and promised never to do it again. Dunno if she'll stick to that promise.

AJ got no improvements (unless you count letting her friends help in Super Speedy Cider Squeezy which was something that spawned from season 1) but her support cast got developed. Apple Bloom, Big Mac and Granny Smith were given chances to be fleshed out a little.

Pinkie Pie went from fourth on my list at the start of S2 and she moved all the way up to tie with Rarity at first place...

Edit: No Applejack votes...she seems underloved...

Edited by Chigens
  • Brohoof 1

You forgot Featherweight! He snuck in and out of the castle undetected, and got pictures of Princess Celestia chowing down on cake! He also got pictures that broke the Mayor Mare hair dying conspiracy, and lived every young colt's dream by sneaking into the salon for pictures in there! Featherweight is a BOSS!
  • Brohoof 1

I find Rarity added to the show a little bit more this season. :)

Posted Image

Edited by Fox
  • Brohoof 3

Rainbow Dash. For the first bit of the season, she was very arrogant and could also be ignorand (particularly in episodes like May the Best Pet Win and The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well).

But she learned her lesson, and now she is still proud, but not over-the top arrogant. She has grown on me more than anypony.

You forgot Featherweight! He snuck in and out of the castle undetected, and got pictures of Princess Celestia chowing down on cake! He also got pictures that broke the Mayor Mare hair dying conspiracy, and lived every young colt's dream by sneaking into the salon for pictures in there! Featherweight is a BOSS!

I didn't include the one shot, newly introduced, blargh

I find Rarity added to the show a little bit more this season. :)

Posted Image

not dramatic at all...

• Brohoof 4

Even though Rarity is still my least favorite of the mane 6, she earned a lot of respect from me early in the season.

You DIDN'T put Applejack............................................................................................................................................................................................ :angry: FUUU-

Anyways, I really don't have an opinion on who improved the most, OTHER than....................

Sorry, fanboy mode over :P .

Looks like mah fanboy mode made periods go off the screen. Thats some intense devotion there :)

Edited by deaglePower

You DIDN'T put Applejack............................................................................................................................................................................................ :angry: FUUU-

Anyways, I really don't have an opinion on who improved the most, OTHER than....................

Sorry, fanboy mode over :P .

Looks like mah fanboy mode made periods go off the screen. Thats some intense devotion there :)

But AJ didn't learn nothin'! She was right all along!

• Brohoof 2

I wanna say Fluttershy, the girl finally seems to have gotten some major backbone development...not that she needed it after the dragon incident.

Edited by SrFrog
  • Brohoof 1

Oh Fluttershy definitely. After seeing the episodes 'Putting Your Hoof Down' and 'Hurricane Fluttershy,' I like her a LOT more than I did before after seeing the sides of her character those two episodes show.

I'm ambivalent about Fluttershy's "development." She became more assertive, yes, but, in a trite aphorism, at what cost? Fluttershy is charming because she is shy and caring; "Flutterage" is reserved for only when her friends get hurt or if cute animals reject her. The circumstances of Fluttershy growing a backbone, i.e., "Putting Your Hoof Down", are not the best.

• Brohoof 1