Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the future of EQD after the end of MLP:FiM?

ManaMinori

Unbeleivably, this question has never crossed my mind until today, when it was being asked by someone else on EQD. I'm sure many people here use Equestria Daily to keep up to date on the pulse of pony. But have you guys ever really considered the fate of it, once FiM's series is over? Sure, there will be fan content still trickling in, but where will EQD be come gen 5? (As there's eventually bound to be, in order to keep ponies fresh and interesting, on Habro's part)

In my own opinion, in order to keep EQD around and active in adapting to future gens of MLP, the staff who run the site need to broaden their focus on featuring and prompting things beyond the 4TH generation, NOW. Right NOW, now.

Now that we're in the hiatus of season 5 of gen 4, they could start testing the waters and dedicating posts and featured art stuff of past gens of MLP, prompting fans of g4 to take more interest in gens 1 through 3, and prompting arty stuff from them to also be featured. By turning EQD into a multiponygen site will not only attract older gen fans, but allow smoother transition into gen 5, and keeping EQD around, even then, as g4 blog posts and prompts can also continued to be featured (but in less frequency, much like the gen 1 through 3 posts) well into g5.

But what do you guys think?

Seth will continue to whore out Trixie until even he's tired of it. Then he'll do it some more

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

Well, since the side is powered and run by Bronies, which most of them hating the older Gens, i dont think they will include sections for the older Gens, even if older Fans are still creating new Fanart for the older Gens.

There are only two Options :

1. They stay with the Opinion that everything different than Fim sucks and just close.

2. Or they simply rename the site after the new Town or Place, in which the maybe new Show or Game will take place.

I personally dont care, because i never use Equestria Daily, so they can do whatever they want.  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

I asked the staff about what will happen to EqD after the show ends and Seth had this response.

We will keep covering G4, and if G5 looks like something we can have fun with, we will cover that too. If it turns out horrific, we will just stick to whatever G4 we can find.

EDIT: My apologies if anyone looked at the post and saw something that looked like it should be in another thread! I'm actually replying to two threads at once and some of that may have ended up in this post prior to fixing it. My bad!

Edited by The Coffee Pony

Well, since the side is powered and run by Bronies, which most of them hating the older Gens, i dont think they will include sections for the older Gens, even if older Fans are still creating new Fanart for the older Gens.

There are only two Options :

1. They stay with the Opinion that everything different than Fim sucks and just close.

2. Or they simply rename the site after the new Town or Place, in which the maybe new Show or Game will take place.

I personally dont care, because i never use Equestria Daily, so they can do whatever they want.  :lol:

but Bronies are crazy creative. They may hate past gens, but that's only because of the poor quality in animation, VA, and little to no character development and worldbuilding, comparing past gens to FiM.

No one is stopping them from taking old gens into their own hands, and reworking them to make art and animation that is good. The fandom did it for the blank slate bckground charas of g4, didn't they? And how many fan projects are constantly calling for pony voice actors or animators? G4 fans should be having a feild day with remaking/ remastering past gens, as they are this gen. Making the old into something they DO like, off of the power of imagination.

Eqd shuld be ENCOURAGING that, with focus on old gen, and prompts, into the future, because if they intend to stick around, they'll be needing to do just that with g4, as new gens come along.

but Bronies are crazy creative. They may hate past gens, but that's only because of the poor quality in animation, VA, and little to no character development and worldbuilding, comparing past gens to FiM.

No one is stopping them from taking old gens into their own hands, and reworking them to make art and animation that is good. The fandom did it for the blank slate bckground charas of g4, didn't they? And how many fan projects are constantly calling for pony voice actors or animators? G4 fans should be having a feild day with remaking/ remastering past gens, as they are this gen. Making the old into something they DO like, off of the power of imagination.

Eqd shuld be ENCOURAGING that, with focus on old gen, and prompts, into the future, because if they intend to stick around, they'll be needing to do just that with g4, as new gens come along.

Ummmm......what?

Remaking the old Gens into something they like?

How? Do you mean, literally remaking the shows completely? Like remake every Episode?

I highly doubt that that will ever happen.  :lol:

Thats way to much work for Animators. Also i would dislike the idea to remake everything, when remaking isnt needed.

I was okay with past gens. And when i think about, Bronys turning everything into G4...like having G4 drawing Style and G4 Characters...no thanks.

I still prefer the old Drawing Styles over the new ones. I think a remake isnt needed.

At least not for me. Instead of trying to change everything, why cant they just accept them as part of the History?

Why does everything has to be G4?  :wacko: Let the old Gens alone already. The old Gens have a Fanbase, they already get Fanart, they are even still huge Sites for past gens. All that Equestria Daily has to do is, simply finally accepting the old Gens as the past ( what they are ) and starting to be a My Little Pony site, instead of simply being a Brony Site.

And remaking every G1, G2 and G3 Characters into G4 Ponys would probably make some older Gen Fans even angry i think.

Maybe Bronys should simply accept that their Franchise was started as a Pony Toys Franchise for little Girls and stop making it into something for adults.

Wasnt the whole point of the Brony Fandom, to like a Show for mostly younger Girls and dont care about what others think?

That you can enjoy a Kids Show as an Adult?

All that i hear now are People saying, that the Show is partly for Adults and then everything before G4 sucks, because its to girly or harmless.

Its like everything this Fandom stands for, has died out.

Everywhere are demands for the Show to get more serious or to remake older Gens to make them more appealing to Adult Man.

Maybe you should just simply all accept already, that this Shows were meant for younger Girls and if you want to watch something for Adults, than freaking watch something for Adults!

Or in Short : I personally think that remaking older Shows into G4 is pointless, since G1 - 3 was okay, for a Kids Show meant for girls.

The show may end, but the fandom won't. So far, all the fandoms i know haven't died out. Look at the Browncoats for example. Browcoats are the fans of the sci-fi TV show called Firefly. The show ended after it's first season in 2003, unfortunately, but look at where the Browncoats are at now! They're still standing strong and probably still making fan stuff. As for Equestria Daily, as long as that site is still up and running, keeping track of all our fan content, I guess we will still have several more years of pony glory. :D

Edited by Ravelicious

The show may end, but the fandom won't. So far, all the fandoms i know haven't died out. Look at the Browncoats for example. Browcoats are the fans of the sci-fi TV show called Firefly. The show ended after it's first season in 2003, unfortunately, but look at where the Browncoats are at now! They're still standing strong and probably still making fan stuff. As for Equestria Daily, as long as that site is still up and running, keeping track of all our fan content, I guess we will still have several more years of pony glory. :D

but in order for Eqd to survive, it can't run off gen 4 fandom fumes forever. It would need to adapt to branching out, evolving to accomodate and feature generation 5 fanstuff and its fanbase, when gen 5 inevitably comes. In the meantime, I'm saying that as preperation for that, instead of "crossing that bridge when they come to it", or rather when a new gen comes to them, they should be preparing now, and getting fans of this gen ready for newness and sharing site space with other gen posts by slowly giving other gens a feature or two a day. (For instance, trimming the fat with discussion hours. Cut back on the morning timeslot, give it to featuring or prompting something past gen, but the nightly discussion hour will still stay). No better time to prepare to share site space with another gen than the present.

And why shouldn't all gen pony be featured on eqd, anyway? The site can only gain more fans, support, and more things to feature beyond G4.

Sure they could place a little focus on the past generations. That way they can get a whole extra post every other month.

evey other month for past gen to get featured or prompted? You serious? Every other month, you say, when there's 2 blog discussion free for alls a day?

No fat that needs trimming there?

evey other month for past gen to get featured or prompted? You serious? Every other month, you say, when there's 2 blog discussion free for alls a day?

No fat that needs trimming there?

That's nice and all. But if there's 2 blog discussion free for all a day then why isn't there already some blog discussions about the past generations? The answer is fairly obvious, there's not enough fans for that to happen. And it will be like that regardless of whether EQD starts to focus on the past generations or not.
  • Brohoof 1

End? What end? =)

Sure, one day or another, Hasbro may end the show MLP:FiM.

But the end is often a new beginning. Why do we still see Star Wars or Star Trek movies coming these years? The announce of a Final Fantasy VII remake? EarthBound and EarthBound 0 at last on the Wii U?

MLP might know the same sort of ressurection as well in the future.

Because we are here, still dreaming and discussing about Equestria. Because we are MLP.

So I don't think EQD will change drastically after the end of the show. And perhaps the gen 5 will be worth to appear on it.

As for EQG, it really depends if the fans still want it as well.

Like members above, I think we'll be still talking about winged unicorns and rainbow explosions for a long time. ^^

Edited by Floppy Snow

Given the continued existence of Trekkies, Warsies, Whovians ETC., I'm more than 100% confident that the fandom will continue to exist for years, if not decades, to come. :)

Edited by ggg-2

• 3 weeks later...

The show may end, but the fandom won't.

Zigackly. It isn't like once the last episode of the last season has premiered, all the bronies pack up and say, "Okay, that was it, I'm out of here."

Seriously, I'm in another fandom of an animated show, the one where I've met Racebest long before he even had a YouTube account. That fandom really began to live online (first fan sites popped up around 1994; the main forum was founded in 1998) after the show itself ended (1990) — actually even after the show itself had aired on American free TV for the last time (1993). And I'm talking about a fandom a tiny fraction of the bronydom's size which nevertheless has been highly creative over the many years.

Also, guess when the last Harry Potter book was released. Or when the only Firefly season was made. Or when the last ST:TOS episode was made. They all still have big, big fandoms.

So no, the end of the show will not be the end of a fandom as huge and lively as ours.

And even if there will be a mass exodus after the last episode, it'll be bronies who believe that the fandom will end after the last episode and base their own departures on that very belief. Self-fulfilling prophecy. But it won't be like all the fan sites and the conventions will shut down because there won't be anything left to do.

Edited by Pulse Wave
  • Brohoof 1

Ummmm......what?

Remaking the old Gens into something they like?

How? Do you mean, literally remaking the shows completely? Like remake every Episode?

I highly doubt that that will ever happen.  :lol:

Thats way to much work for Animators. Also i would dislike the idea to remake everything, when remaking isnt needed.

I was okay with past gens. And when i think about, Bronys turning everything into G4...like having G4 drawing Style and G4 Characters...no thanks.

I still prefer the old Drawing Styles over the new ones. I think a remake isnt needed.

At least not for me. Instead of trying to change everything, why cant they just accept them as part of the History?

Why does everything has to be G4?  :wacko: Let the old Gens alone already. The old Gens have a Fanbase, they already get Fanart, they are even still huge Sites for past gens. All that Equestria Daily has to do is, simply finally accepting the old Gens as the past ( what they are ) and starting to be a My Little Pony site, instead of simply being a Brony Site.

And remaking every G1, G2 and G3 Characters into G4 Ponys would probably make some older Gen Fans even angry i think.

Maybe Bronys should simply accept that their Franchise was started as a Pony Toys Franchise for little Girls and stop making it into something for adults.

Wasnt the whole point of the Brony Fandom, to like a Show for mostly younger Girls and dont care about what others think?

That you can enjoy a Kids Show as an Adult?

All that i hear now are People saying, that the Show is partly for Adults and then everything before G4 sucks, because its to girly or harmless.

Its like everything this Fandom stands for, has died out.

Everywhere are demands for the Show to get more serious or to remake older Gens to make them more appealing to Adult Man.

Maybe you should just simply all accept already, that this Shows were meant for younger Girls and if you want to watch something for Adults, than freaking watch something for Adults!

Or in Short : I personally think that remaking older Shows into G4 is pointless, since G1 - 3 was okay, for a Kids Show meant for girls.

I will point out that not ALL bronies hate the older generations, some of us are old enough to have grown up with them and some "including me" actually like the older generations to

I will point out that not ALL bronies hate the older generations, some of us are old enough to have grown up with them and some "including me" actually like the older generations to

Yes, i know that. Sometimes i forget to write " some " .

But i have written this while i was angry anyway. So many People from different franchises dislike the things i like and want to change everything to a specific thing...it just made me angry for no reason at all. That happens sometimes with me.

Yes, i know that. Sometimes i forget to write " some " .

But i have written this while i was angry anyway. So many People from different franchises dislike the things i like and want to change everything to a specific thing...it just made me angry for no reason at all. That happens sometimes with me.

I understand, I just don't like being lumped into the group that hates the previous generations because in my experience they tend to be really rude and nasty about it.

Mlp will never end even if the original show does fans will likely just make their own series

My concern is it being C&D'ed by Hasbro like Button Mash, Friendship is Witchcraft, and The Mentally Advanced Series were.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis

Hasbro loves money and they now know that we exist and we have cash. Yes G4 will eventually end and we will all cry and hug our Derpy plushies, but with how strong this fandom is it will last for a long time. As I said before, Hasbro loves money and has discovered a way to make lots of it. I personally think the next generation will be good thanks to that. Our evil overlords will never let us go...