Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hate these live action Equestria Girls music videos?

SticksLikeGlue

Is it just me, or does anyone else hate these live action Equestria Girls music videos? I know that Hasbro is all over this, but they could've done a better job then this. Sure its a cool project, but was it really necessary? I just find it cringy

Equestria Girls:

Rainbow Rocks:

Friendship Games:

Edited by Crescent Fire
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, they are pretty bad. Not the worst thing I have ever seen, but do we really need this kind of High-School musical-esque stuff for movies that are already pretty close to HSM? The second one actually went away from that concept a bit and yet it too got one of those weird videos. I guess I just see little to no point to those videos.

• Brohoof 5

Yeah, they are pretty bad. Not the worst thing I have ever seen, but do we really need this kind of High-School musical-esque stuff for movies that are already pretty close to HSM? The second one actually went away from that concept a bit and yet it too got one of those weird videos. I guess I just see little to no point to those videos.

Yeah, high school movie plots died with HSM. Now they're cliche.

All three are really terrible. The signing and acting are really forced, and the music itself is trying to be modern just for the sake of it. They're trying to show joy when it's all a bunch of stereotypes to pander to adolescent girls. There's really no point in them at all.

• Brohoof 4

All three are really terrible. The signing and acting are really forced, and the music itself is trying to be modern just for the sake of it. They're trying to show joy when it's all a bunch of stereotypes to pander to adolescent girls. There's really no point in them at all.

Yes, thank you! There really isn't a point in them. Its so that Hasbro can persuade kids just enough to get their parents to buy them merch. >_>

• Brohoof 1

I knew beforehand they're just forced now dead teen musical videos pandering to preteen girls. I didn't bothered to watch any. Although, I do like the EG Stomp song from the first  :please:

Yeah they're really dumb.

I hope they soon decide to go the stop motion dolls or the 3D mini routes instead. I actually like those

As everyone has already said, they're terrible and cringey. What I really dislike about them though are the costumes, they did absolutely nothing to make these kids look like the characters or even like they knew how to dress themselves for that matter. With such recognizable characters, it would have been incredibly easy for them to do a better job. Hell, they could've pulled random cosplayers off the street outside a convention center and they would've done a better job.

Of course, it would help make them more recognizable if they didn't use children. Like, I know why they did it, they're trying to appeal to kids, I get that, but the mane six are literally in high school in these movies, and in the show they're adults. They just don't make a very convincing hu-mane six this way at all, which is what I think kids would prefer to see. I mean, they're young, they're not stupid, they know the mane six when they see them and they know that a bunch of kids in cheap ugly costumes ain't it.

(But I don't know, maybe that's just my adult bias and I don't really know what kids want after all. Shrug)

• Brohoof 1

I apologize in advance for anyone who enjoys the LA videos, my opinion might be harsh and degrading, but nonetheless still reflects my honest thoughts.  :rarity:

Until now, I've never actually watched it, rather I AVOID having to...but when I did (just now), I totally agree with Kyoshi; It's not even in good effort: No background, no script, no similarities, and above all, no personality or acting; The actors just seem like girls from comic con, with not a single one reflecting the pony/ human charcter they represent. The whole time I was unable to locate which pony was which. Bad acting and terrible all around.

Hasbro needs to step their advertising game up if they ever want their merchandise to be bought.

I would have to agree that these are pretty terrible. Honestly I don't think I have ever even managed to get halfway through watching one before closing the tab.  ^_^

Yeah, it got weird REALLY FAST...and I mean the BAD kind of weird

Edited by RyaN_
  • Brohoof 1

I bet if bronies would come together and try to produce alive action version of EQG for real it would be way better then this. This is as good as a school play.

I don't know man... here's the Scarlet Project with better looking costumes though.

I agree with all of you, I cringe every time I see or hear about one of these videos:

1. Terrible acting

2. You cant even tell who is who 

3. Live action for a cartoon show (never a good idea)

4. What isn't wrong with these videos?

Its like Hasbro is trying to compete with Bratz or something, which is kind of disturbing if you ask me......

• Brohoof 2