Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is it ok to dislike Pony Rock Anthem? (Also, was it sold?)

SilverStarApple

No, it is not okay to dislike it. Your opinion conflicts with mine and is therefore wrong.

/sarcasm (besides i never listened to this album or even heard of it anyways)

• Brohoof 3

For a moment there, I forgot this was the brony fandom. Sorry about that.

Yeah, I kinda... felt like the song was... um... lazy. "Pony Rock" doesn't really make any sense as a title, and it feels like it was quickly whipped up to caputalize on the fame of Vinyl's voice actor, who seems to be only famous in the brony because she got to the character first and made sure the one voice she can pull off (The one she uses in Black Lagoon, Pokemon, and pretty much everythibg else except hellsing abridged, where she adds a british accent to the standard vinyl voice) was made that character's voice in everyone's heads. I liked the part where they stray from the beaten path and put their own rhythms in some places, that was clever, but a lot of the rhymes are generic and lazy, the kind of rhymes you hear so often in songwriting, you could make a drinking game out of it. (Me, pony, three, me used again. Commit, ****. Tonight, right, alright, lights. Bouncing, announcing. Duo, blow) Nothing special was realy done with the song, L-Train makes way better covers and original songs, and while the original song wasn't that good, this "Parody" wasn't better in any way. Except for the bit where they used their own rhythm at a few points. 2 points for that. 2/10.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really like it either. It's just a lazy parody of a vapid song. I've got to admit Tombstone's remix of it is very catchy, though.

I think it's funny how the original song is called Party Rock Anthem when it's not a rock song. It's more like electronic pop.

Edited by Grepper
  • Brohoof 1

For a moment there, I forgot this was the brony fandom. Sorry about that.

It's okay to dislike something others don't.

Just don't act like a jerk to those that DO like it.

That's when people start getting pissy. 

It's okay to dislike something others don't.

Just don't act like a jerk to those that DO like it.

That's when people start getting pissy.

That post was intended in a "Bronies are awesome" manner.

Because, y'know, bronies are awesome.

Also, you can like this song if you want. I just don't. And I have rational reasons to back up my dislike, because I am... The Credible Hulk! You wouldn't like me when I'm angry, because I always back up my rage with logical arguments and hard fact!