Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Fears Confirmed- New Pony Problem

BalanceBrony

The problem is that ANYTHING that happens and that baby is involved instantly makes her a black hole sue. Honestly, I'm thinking that the storm has more to do with Starlight Glimmer's friend messing with the crystal heart and Flurry Heart is there just to sell her toy.

He was down there messing with the Crystal heart, so it could be his fault. I'm kinda hoping that's the case and Flurry just causes massive amounts of property damage. 

taxes aren't going to look pretty in the Crystal Empire this year. 

• Brohoof 3

He was down there messing with the Crystal heart, so it could be his fault. I'm kinda hoping that's the case and Flurry just causes massive amounts of property damage. 

I'm hoping that's what happens.

(edited)

I'm hoping that's what happens.

I hope so too. That makes this whole thing with Flurry Heart innocent fun because she'd ultimately be harmless. Edited by Metemponychosis
  • Brohoof 4

I hope so too. That makes this whole thing with Flurry Heart innocent fun because she'd ultimately be harmless.

except for the whole...you know...blowing holes in castles made out of solid crystal with her horn thing

Other than that totally harmless XD

• Brohoof 2

except for the whole...you know...blowing holes in castles made out of solid crystal with her horn thing

Other than that totally harmless XD

Now I wanna see the princesses fixing holes in the walls and having their hooves full with taking care of the baby. Don't get me wrong though... I still would prefer if ponies became alicorns and one couldn't be born as one, but at least now I don't want to punch someone because of her. XD

(edited)

Now I wanna see the princesses fixing holes in the walls and having their hooves full with taking care of the baby. Don't get me wrong though... I still would prefer if ponies became alicorns and one couldn't be born as one, but at least now I don't want to punch someone because of her. XD

Yay! crisis averted. the more I look at that commercial the more I'm convinced that its not Flurry heart that caused the storm but just a fact of that area mixed with the tampering of the Crystal heart. 

Good luck getting a babysitter for the flying baby cannon though XD

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

Good luck getting a babysitter for the flying baby cannon though XD

Well, Twilight said that Cadance is the best babysitter ever. I'm more worried about Twilight and Shining Armor. And if I'm lucky, Celestia and Luna. Eh? Eh? A guy can hope.

The theory doctor wolf proposed was that she had disrupted the Crystal heart, which was the thing blocking the perpetual snow storm in the first place. Remember that area had been covered in an overpowering blizzard before? So its Flurry heart didn't make the storm, she just ended up letting the storm in, which is considerably less impressive.

Still, overriding the Crystal Heart is insanely OP.

I too like the idea that it was just Starlight's friend. But in that case, I sincerely hope they don't have Flurry Butt solve the problem, because that would be even worse. And it is worth noting that the preview did confirm that Princess Plot Device had something to do with the problems in the CE. She is related to the conflict, even if she is not the sole proprietor. But the less involved she is with the episode, the better.

It's like, honestly. Everyone is saying we're being overdramatic, but the number of ways this can go wrong far outweigh how it can go well.

Still, overriding the Crystal Heart is insanely OP.

I too like the idea that it was just Starlight's friend. But in that case, I sincerely hope they don't have Flurry Butt solve the problem, because that would be even worse. And it is worth noting that the preview did confirm that Princess Plot Device had something to do with the problems in the CE. She is related to the conflict, even if she is not the sole proprietor. But the less involved she is with the episode, the better.

It's like, honestly. Everyone is saying we're being overdramatic, but the number of ways this can go wrong far outweigh how it can go well.

Not necessarily true. Both the Elements and Crystal Heart were played as tools that anyone can use. How about causing trouble unintentionally because he was trying to do something with the Crystal Heart?

Personally, I never understood this notion that someone can "overreact" in an Internet discussion. It's like people don't really like to talk about stuff so they say this to shut up others. It's just weird to me. I see nothing wrong with mentioning concerns about the show and thowing ideas around.

I think it better to reserve judgement until the episode actually airs. Tease trailers are exactly that, teasing. The way the trailer implies the episode will go is actually unlikely to be way it does go. But if other people want to worry themselves over it, that's their prerogative.

• Brohoof 1

The theory doctor wolf proposed was that she had disrupted the Crystal heart, which was the thing blocking the perpetual snow storm in the first place. Remember that area had been covered in an overpowering blizzard before? So its Flurry heart didn't make the storm, she just ended up letting the storm in, which is considerably less impressive. 

The problem I have with this theory is if it is simply the Crystal Heart's protection that has failed, then why doesn't Shining Armor and Cadence simply cast their shield spells again like they did when Sombra was trying to break into the city?

I'm still leaning towards Flurry Heart causing the blizzard directly, especially considering how she's named.

(edited)

The problem I have with this theory is if it is simply the Crystal Heart's protection that has failed, then why doesn't Shining Armor and Cadence simply cast their shield spells again like they did when Sombra was trying to break into the city?

I'm still leaning towards Flurry Heart causing the blizzard directly, especially considering how she's named.

Season 3's premier already proved this wasn't possible. Remember Twilight and the others met Shining Armor out in a Snow Storm he was barely getting through, and he had snow gear on?

zvMqt.png

The snow storm is always there, the crystal empire/crystal heart is the thing that tames it. Without it the area is covered in a perpetual blizzard. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

Doom and Gloom. If you go in convinced you won't like the episodes, chances are you're gonna find every reason you can not to like it. Sure, be skeptical, if you don't like the idea that's fine, but at least give the episode a chance still too. Maybe it'll surprise you, even if it's not literally the best episode ever, it might still be a good time. If you don't like it, oh well.

Even if you don't like the episodes, it's not the end of the show. There's still a whole 24 episodes after it, and I highly doubt Flurry will play a big part for all of them. MLP's not going to turn into the Flurry Heart show just cause of a few episodes. Every single time there's a change of any kind, somebody becomes convinced the entire show's gone down the drain, it's silly.

Edited by BasementBloom
  • Brohoof 9

Season 3's premier already proved this wasn't possible. Remember Twilight and the others met Shining Armor out in a Snow Storm he was barely getting through, and he had snow gear on?

The snow storm is always there, the crystal empire/crystal heart is the thing that tames it. Without it the area is covered in a perpetual blizzard. 

True enough, but that doesn't explain why Celestia and Luna can't tame the storm in the preview, since the less powerful Cadence and Shining Armor individually should be able to restore the shield to the Empire with their magic to keep the storm out. Cadence by herself was holding back the storm for almost the entire S3 premiere.

Flurry Heart must be doing something else besides disabling the Crystal Heart with her uncontrolled magical abilities, or else there's a serious plothole in the S6 premiere.

True enough, but that doesn't explain why Celestia and Luna can't tame the storm in the preview, since the less powerful Cadence and Shining Armor individually should be able to restore the shield to the Empire with their magic to keep the storm out. Cadence by herself was holding back the storm for almost the entire S3 premiere.

Flurry Heart must be doing something else besides disabling the Crystal Heart with her uncontrolled magical abilities, or else there's a serious plothole in the S6 premiere.

Brief interjection here

How do we know Cadence is weaker than the other princesses? Sure she doesn't raise the sun and moon but that doesn't mean diddly. 

Also its the Crystal Heart that keeps out the storm, in just the same way the Tree of Harmony supplied the elements for the princesses to defeat their enemies 1000 years ago. Those two things are more powerful than the princesses by a wide margin. 

(edited)

I've seen the teaser and while I have some concerns about the baby, I'll wait until it airs before I give my thoughts about it. The teaser doesn't reveal everything. What concerns me more is who possibly wrote this episode and while I am inclined to think Larson wrote this, I think the new writer Mike Vogel had more involvement on the episode, along with other episodes involving baby Flurry Heart. I believe he mentioned this in his interview with Illustrious Q on EqD.

Link to the interview transcript: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/equestria-daily-interview-series-mike.html

This guy used to be the VP of Development for Hasbro Studios so he was the guy looking at what the show staff were doing and telling them what they could do, don't do, improve on, etc. He stepped down from his position to become more involved with the show itself. I am unsure about him but like I previously said, I'll wait until it airs then see what I think of it.  

Edited by EQ_Theta

I've seen the teaser and while I have some concerns about the baby, I'll wait until it airs before I give my thoughts about it. The teaser doesn't reveal everything. What concerns me more is who possibly wrote this episode and while I am inclined to think Larson wrote this, I think the new writer Mike Vogel had more involvement on the episode, along with other episodes involving baby Flurry Heart. I believe he mentioned this in his interview with Illustrious Q on EqD.

Link to the interview transcript: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/03/equestria-daily-interview-series-mike.html

This guy used to be the VP of Development for Hasbro Studios so he was the guy looking at what the show staff were doing and telling them what they could do, don't do, improve on, etc. He stepped down from his position to become more involved with the show itself. I am unsure about him but like I previously said, I'll wait until it airs then see what I think of it.  

I don't think Larson will do any episodes. He's working on his book.

(edited)

Brief interjection here

How do we know Cadence is weaker than the other princesses? Sure she doesn't raise the sun and moon but that doesn't mean diddly.

Also its the Crystal Heart that keeps out the storm, in just the same way the Tree of Harmony supplied the elements for the princesses to defeat their enemies 1000 years ago. Those two things are more powerful than the princesses by a wide margin.

1. Being able to move a star and moon is a very impressive feat of telekinitic strength. Celestia, Luna, and Discord are the only individuals shown to have moved such bodies without recieving some significant power up like Twilight at the season 4 finale. Such feats are considered extremely difficult to pull off in Equestria as outside of those three, it took the unicorn tribes strongest mages to pull it off, and they were losing their strength for it. If Celestia and Luna hadn't shown up, it would've likely resulted in some catastrophe once the unicorn tribe lost the means to move those solar bodies.

2. It was implied that Cadance lost to an unpowered Queen Chrysalis considering where she was situated at and can presume it happened before she started siphoning up Shining armor's love for Cadance. It took a powered up Chrysalis to beat Celestia, which she was even shocked she won. Without such a power up, the comics show Celestia stomps Chrysalis as she caused those holes you see in her legs when she originally didn't had them (though why her subjects do is a case of writer failing to note that) and Celestia actually imprisoned her and her changeling army inside a volcano. From the recent seige of the crystal empire arc, both Luna and Twilight (heck, Twilight defeated Chrysalis as a unicorn in the comics) were shown to be able to beat an unpowerd Chrysalis on their own so even more evidence to suggest Cadance is the weakest of the bunch.

To be fair, even the weakest Alicorn Princess is nothing to scoff at as she did held a city wide shield spell for an undetermined amount of time without rest against a powerful malevolent being in Sombra and does posses some powerful transmutation hacks as she turned water into crystals in Princess Spike and we can presume she at least has all the abilities Pre Alicorn Twilight and Trixie with Alicorn amulet possessed and shown via power scaling.

Hope that helps explain why Cadance is conisidered the weakest of the Alicorn princesses.

As for your other point, I agree the Crystal Heart is extremely powerful if it was able to hold a deadly blizzard all this time and defeat Sombra as well.

Edited by Nuke87654

Yes, every legitimate and rational concern people may have is completely unfounded because the show is and will remain perfect. 

Don't twist my words.

I am saying that people act like this is a fucking catastrophe and that it will ruin the show in the ways that Twilight Alicorn did, or Equestria Girls and yet those people are STILL HERE, actively hating everything the show does and still actively watching.

If you don't like it, don't watch it. Very simple. There is no reason to be "legitimately" concerned because what's there to be concerned over? It's a cartoon. If you don't like it, you simply stop watching. 

And, as much as I try to avoid agreeing with Key Sharkz about practically anything, they made a legitimate and rational point: No one has to watch the show.  If you're as bothered by this as some people seem to be, you had might as well stop.  Or hell: Just skip the episodes involving the superbaby.  She cannot be undone; it's too late.  The people who are concerned now are probably gong to continue being displeased about it.

The people who freak out over this stuff are the same ones who freak out over Alicorn Twilight... 3 years ago. And are still here, still watching episodes, and many of them still actively writing bad reviews for said episodes. Like many of them seem to think that if they scream loud enough and say how much an episode sucks that Hasbro will just wake up one day and be like "I've got it! Let's completely unwrite what we've already written and throw it in the trash."

We've already proven that Hasbro doesn't really listen to Bronies. Bronies have made demands before and they almost never get filled. The only thing Hasbro does for bronies is squeeze a reference or two into the show. That's about it. They didn't listen about uncensoring Derpy, or about Vinyl's eye color, or making Twilight a unicorn again, or stopping Equestria Girls.

Face it, Hasbro does not give a damn what the fandom wants. They are going to do with their show what they want to do.

1. Being able to move a star and moon is a very impressive feat of telekinitic strength. Celestia, Luna, and Discord are the only individuals shown to have moved such bodies without recieving some significant power up like Twilight at the season 4 finale. Such feats are considered extremely difficult to pull off in Equestria as outside of those three, it took the unicorn tribes strongest mages to pull it off, and they were losing their strength for it. If Celestia and Luna hadn't shown up, it would've likely resulted in some catastrophe once the unicorn tribe lost the means to move those solar bodies.

2. It was implied that Cadance lost to an unpowered Queen Chrysalis considering where she was situated at and can presume it happened before she started siphoning up Shining armor's love for Cadance. It took a powered up Chrysalis to beat Celestia, which she was even shocked she won. Without such a power up, the comics show Celestia stomps Chrysalis as she caused those holes you see in her legs when she originally didn't had them (though why her subjects do is a case of writer failing to note that) and Celestia actually imprisoned her and her changeling army inside a volcano. From the recent seige of the crystal empire arc, both Luna and Twilight (heck, Twilight defeated Chrysalis as a unicorn in the comics) were shown to be able to beat an unpowerd Chrysalis on their own so even more evidence to suggest Cadance is the weakest of the bunch.

To be fair, even the weakest Alicorn Princess is nothing to scoff at as she did held a city wide shield spell for an undetermined amount of time without rest against a powerfule malevolent being in Sombra and does posses some powerful transmutation hacks as she turned water into crystals in Princess Spike and we can presume she at least has all the abilities Pre Alicorn Twilight and Trixie with Alicorn amulet possessed and shown via power scaling.

Hope that helps explain why Cadance is conisidered the weakest of the Alicorn princesses.

1. The sun and moon featured in Equestria is significantly smaller and closer to the planet than our own.

whoa-690x259.png

A group of unicorns used to manage the sun and moon, now they are managed by the princesses.

2. Celestia was bested by a Powered Chrysalis, but Cadence and Shining together took down not only the queen, but all of her army all at once. 

The Tree/Crystal heart are the ones holding the lionshare of the power in the series. Without the tree, the two sisters would of failed at protecting their land. Without the Heart, Sombra would of won, and the empire would be shrouded in a Blizzard still. But that's for another topic.

• Brohoof 1

This + starlight becoming part of the main 6 (7) have destroyed my hype. This is absolutely horrible, another alicorn, op characters, smushed plot. It all add up to a bad outcome.

• Brohoof 1