Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Ponies matured a bit.

Eric Noecker

So lets say we bronies get more popular then we already are.

We make hasbro tons of money.

They begin to look for other ways in order to get more money

(Im not saying Hasbro is a greedy company and the money is the ONLY reason and blablabla, This is just my imagined scenario)

So, they figure they put Ponies on Cartoon Network.

Lets say CN changes it a bit, they start advertising directly TO bronies, they bring back lauren and have her write the show.

Lets say they have her do similar writings to Adventure Time, or Kids Next Door or Regular Show.

You know, shows with action/ more adult humor.

Would you still watch it if it werent geared towards little girls anymore and were primarily brony targeted?

Depends. They already seem to target a fair amount of the show towards us Bronies, such as the constant references and easter eggs that link in with other media. However, I'd be worried that if they switched to just targeting us then it may affect the show badly. They may try and slot in too many adult styled jokes and it may lose its happy-go-lucky feel. Also, if it was targeted at the older audience, would we lose the amazing songs? Would they alter how the songs are created in order to appeal to us? I love the songs at the moment and so if they were to alter them just to please the older audience I would cry.

All in all, I would only really know if I would watch it if it were to happen. It is one of those things that you can talk and discuss but there simply is no real way to come to a valid conclusion because the fact is, it could be completely brilliant or it could end up completely terrible.

FIRST!

This ain't Youtube mate, you may want to post a little more detail instead of word one answers that don't have anything to do with the question at hand. Also, second!

• Brohoof 5

I'm going to continue watching the show as long as I like it and the quality is good. As for the show having similar writing to Kids next door, I can't see how that'd work out. MLP wouldn't work for me with too much violence. (Haven't seen the other shows)

This ain't Youtube mate, you may want to post a little more detail instead of word one answers that don't have anything to do with the question at hand. Also, second!

It's actually part of a meme. As in the famous words of Celestia

• Brohoof 1

The show is nearly pefrect as it is and that's why I wouldn't want it to change. Then again, when something changes, it can change into a better thing, but also a worse thing. I have no clue what would the case be with MLP, but I would trust that Lauren wouldn't spoil it.

If they start targeting the older audience,the show wouldn't contain the stuff which was the reason we all bronies watched it in the first place.

Exactly, it'd be a whole different show and lose the lovable elements that it has right now, it just wouldn't be the same.

Depends. They already seem to target a fair amount of the show towards us Bronies, such as the constant references and easter eggs that link in with other media. However, I'd be worried that if they switched to just targeting us then it may affect the show badly. They may try and slot in too many adult styled jokes and it may lose its happy-go-lucky feel. Also, if it was targeted at the older audience, would we lose the amazing songs? Would they alter how the songs are created in order to appeal to us? I love the songs at the moment and so if they were to alter them just to please the older audience I would cry.

All in all, I would only really know if I would watch it if it were to happen. It is one of those things that you can talk and discuss but there simply is no real way to come to a valid conclusion because the fact is, it could be completely brilliant or it could end up completely terrible.

I'll just quote here, Ginger have captured my opinion as well, the show is alright as it is and I don't think it needs to change, but if it did change, I would watch it as long as it preserves the quality it has now.

• Brohoof 1

I think that one of the main reasons FIM is so popular is because of it's innocent, happy go lucky feel. If it suddenly gets more mature, and geared towards males, then it might not be the same. The little shout-outs are enough, I mean it's not like older people are the only people who watch the show. So, no mature ponies for me.

I would say the balance they have now isn't to bad.

If anything the only change would be to make the toys more gender neutral in terms of packaging. But with the name My Little Pony alone, that's a bit of a up hill bad.

Nah, I say they just need to keep targeting the demographic that the show has always been intended for, while dropping a shout-out to older viewers every once in awhile (i.e. Big Lebowski reference, Derpy Hooves, etc.); that's what they've always done, and the show's been perfectly fine as far as I'm concerned so far. I fear that they'd risk losing that special something that makes the show so great if they started trying to appeal more to older viewers than their target demographic, mostly because, in all actuality, the show really doesn't just target younger viewers, but really has been designed as a family-friendly show for everybody. :)

I think season2 would be very different if Bronies wouldn't exist. A lot of little things and also some plot was probably written different because they want to make it appealing for us(just compare season1 and 2). I really like the balance they have now :)

I'd want it to be like the Powerpuff Girls. There are a lot of sexual jokes, references, and darker tones but also it's very light hearted. Basically...now. Just like how Powerpuff Girls had that "Speed Demon" episode, the scariest thing in that entire show, MLP has Pinkie Pie going crazy. Also freaking scary. But all in all, it's light hearted.

So lets say we bronies get more popular then we already are.

We make hasbro tons of money.

They begin to look for other ways in order to get more money

(Im not saying Hasbro is a greedy company and the money is the ONLY reason and blablabla, This is just my imagined scenario)

So, they figure they put Ponies on Cartoon Network.

Lets say CN changes it a bit, they start advertising directly TO bronies, they bring back lauren and have her write the show.

Lets say they have her do similar writings to Adventure Time, or Kids Next Door or Regular Show.

You know, shows with action/ more adult humor.

Would you still watch it if it werent geared towards little girls anymore and were primarily brony targeted?

Yes, I'd watch it. In fact, if the writers weren't forced to include lessons in every episode and had free reign to focus on making the stories entertaining, I'd like that just as much. No need to go beyond TVY7.

well, i would, as almost everyone said, watch it as long as I still liked the show. As much as I love extremely violent mlp fanfiction, seeing a faction of that in the show would horrify me.

Edited by giigman

Would I watch it? Yes. Would I enjoy it as much as the show is now? No.

I do enjoy the ponies how they are now. That's how I got started (and hooked!) on the show, and that's how I want the show to stay. If it were to change, and become more mature and brony targeted, I would watch it and enjoy it, but I would always find myself feeling as though the ponies should have stayed the same.