Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

You think the show can be a tad more mature

TheMarkz0ne

Look I know it's a show for little girls. But why can't Hasbro cater to the bronies who made the franchise so successful? Look keep the songs, keep the lessons at the end hell. Do whatever. But I think it be cool if Hasbro made MLP similar to Transformers which is intended for 8 year old boys. I mean they can't kill some ponies off. They had a scene where some ponies were at a funeral. So they put death in the show, but they aren't going to kill someone on screen? Have some bad ass fight scenes. I love Canterlot Wedding and Return to Harmony. But they could have used some pretty awesome fights. I'm just saying in the later seasons make the show somewhat  darker

In spite of the fact that you may think that season 3 was made for Bronies, I can't help but realize that the show's target demographic is for little girls. But it does it so that it can appeal to a wider demographic and not so stereotyping female roles in the world.

• Brohoof 2

Yes, but not at all in the way you're saying.

The changling battle was nice and all, but me being the nerd I am?  I want some worldbuilding, baby.

Give me more info on Tartarus.  Show me Celestia and Luna's acsention to alicorn status, and explain why they're immortal while Twi and (presumably) Cadence aren't.  I want lore, damn you.  That's how you make a show with depth.

This show is an intelligently written show that brought on scores of older fans without catering to them.  Don't cater to us.  Catering is flashy and self-serving.  Entice us with depth.

• Brohoof 1

Give me more info on Tartarus. Show me Celestia and Luna's acsention to alicorn status, and explain why they're immortal while Twi and (presumably) Cadence aren't. I want lore, damn you. That's how you make a show with depth.

Faust has always said if she could, she would have the history of Equestria centered around the eyes of Celestia and Luna. To be honest, that would be really cool.

• Brohoof 1

Faust has always said if she could, she would have the history of Equestria centered around the eyes of Celestia and Luna. To be honest, that would be really cool.

It's what they should be using the comics for, I think, though they have some sweet plotlines and easter eggs of their own.  If they did a canon graphic novel of Equestrian history, I'd be all over it.

If they did a canon graphic novel of Equestrian history, I'd be all over it.

Oh man, with a more detailed plot of the Classical Era, Star Swirl, the rise of Discord, and the rise of Celestia and Luna, King Sombra. . .So many plotlines!

Nah, I love things the way they are. I mean another cool fight scene like the ones with the changelings would be a nice touch, but really as long as they stay in the current mindset of being appropriate for kids and little girls, while also having deeper meanings and such into which we as the fandom can appreciate. In the end, everybody is winning with the currently formula. 

However, what would be cool is to maybe have Hasbro do a one off special episode dedicated to the bronies. However, don't make it one to go on television, maybe just on the website specifically, so in case there is stuff in it that parents might not approve of their little kids watching, you know, that sort of thing. 

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I would personally like G5 to be a little more mature than G4 was. I think if they did that they would be able to attract new Bronies to the fandom while also retaining a vast majority of the current base and maybe even bring back some older "retired" bronies too, because as demonstrated by series like "Hazbin Hotel" more adult-themed shows can be very popular and successful. Now obviously I don't want them to go as far as Hazbin Hotel in the adult/mature themes, but maybe you know, if MLP were more directed at teenagers instead of very young girls I think it could prove to attract a new following of fans. Though Hasbro doesn't look to be heading in that direction for G5 anyway, I think they did consider it at one point, but from what I saw in the leaks it looks like they plan on targeting the new show to the same age demographic as G4 was.     

• Brohoof 2

What made G4 what it is was the fact that it was accessible to the kids who were responsible for most of the toy sales while being written intelligently enough to maintain a decent amount of all-ages appeal - that is, lighthearted without being pure diabetes fuel. The best thing to do with G5 (and any future iterations) would be to maintain that. Keep the overall lighthearted tone and family-friendly humor, but focus on giving us the same quality of storytelling, character development, and worldbuilding as one would expect for something aimed at an older audience.

• Brohoof 1

I'd love to see G5 a bit more mature (like Adventure Time's rating), but it's not happening. For Hasbro directors as in any big corp mlp is just a product for little girls. Targeting bronies would have impact on company's reputation among "business guys" who are probably far from nerd and popculture stuff

I don't think they should target anyone specifically... and just make a dope show. Make the show good... and you're basically targeting everyone.

Edited by Kadeda
  • Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

I like the show the way it is, although I think that if the show became a little more mature, then I would still like it. Now, if the show became dark, I might begin losing interest in it, depending on how things were handled.