Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

music Best Video Game Soundtracks

Discordian

I have spent an ungodly amount of time playing Final Fantasy 8, and this song still gives me shivers every time, especially when it gets to 1:23. 

I could just fill this up with FF music, but I'm just going to link one more song from the best game that no one has ever played - Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria. 

• Brohoof 2

Of course I would say everything on GTA Vice City, since 80's music is my favorite.

I also like the music in Rayman Origins, I can see why it won best original score.  I especially love the music in Gourmand Land.

Another song I like is the Molgera Battle theme from LoZ Wind Waker.

Finally, my favorite piece of music from any video game, MEDIC! from Team Fortress 2.

LoZ Wind Waker has my favorite LoZ soundtrack. I'm glad it's getting some mentions. The symphonic movement is amazing btw. 

Final Fantasy XIII has an awesome soundtrack too. 

Lightning's theme

The Yaschas Massif  

Disgaea 4 (or any of the Disgaea's really, except maybe 3) is awesome as well. I love Tenpei Sato's style.

Piano Sonata D No.4

Noble Marble

Well, there are lots of soundtracks that I like. Legend of Zelda series, Metroid, Final Fantasy series, Metal Gear Solid series to name a few. But I'm just going to leave these here. Some tracks from my all time favorite, and most beloved game, Shenmue. These are the orchestral versions.

You should start at 1:22, that's when the real song starts. Edited by Mr. Dash

Oh gosh, how could I have forgotten Super Mario Galaxy's music? The soundtrack to Super Mario Galaxy is beyond words. Monumental - staggering. It's the pure essence of how Nintendo can bring out the most amazing games, and actually how they've influenced the entire gaming market in itself. Gusty Garden of course is acknowledged as the finest soundtrack of any Nintendo game, and for those who have never heard of it before, now's your chance to get a full-on blast of complete and total Nintendo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2kxFCQ_mQ

both Grandia games have a really well-composed soundtrack, I even put the first game's Ending Theme onto my playlist and still listen to it every now and then

Well, and then there is always final fantasy, how can any of these ever disappoint

• 2 weeks later...

Wait I just realized that I forgot to mention Blazblue's soundtracks. Daisuke Ishiwatari is a musical mastermind. The themes really do capture the feel of the characters (and the tension between them in the case of vs themes like Imperial Code). Here some of my personal favorites from the Blazblue series:

Awakening the Chaos < - my #1 song of the entire series it just fits Nu's personality so well.

Condemnation Wings

Queen of Rose

Imperial Code

With this song, I could make a PMV with Pinkie Pie  :lol: because it almost sounds zany and fun. Anyway, this is one of my favorite gaming soundtracks.

This is my next favorite and the most EPIC gaming soundtracks of my list.

Edited by FriendshipBlaster17
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I haven't read the whole thread but if no one's mentioned the Silent Hill games that's a travesty. :)

Silent Hill 2 has the best music of any game I've played.  It's absolutely beautiful and melancholy, and of course sometimes scary.  Theme of Laura is one of my favorite pieces of music period.  The opening theme for the first Silent Hill is excellent too, and Silent Hill 3 came with a great soundtrack, though it wasn't always used in-game very well.

Also gotta bring up Final Fantasy.  VII, VIII, and Tactics in particular had some great stuff.  Premonition blows me away.

The Hobbit 2003 game had a piece of music called Combat in the Lone Lands that imo is the best combat theme I've heard.  It's amazing.

here you go x3, 

best soundtrack from any strategy game ever, im sure alot of you might recognize it as command and conquer generals. BEST GAME EVER x3

Whoa thank you so much it made me remember the good old skirmish battles I did with my comrades  :P  That theme is awesome man. I missed those days  :( 

Well CnC has some really sweet soundtrack and my favorite would be blow it up from the Red Alert 2 and also scouting from Tiberian sun. But all the music those games have are awesome  ;) 

CnC Red Alert 2 - Blow it up:

CnC Tiberian Sun - Scouting:

Simple as pie...

Vice City the 80's station...I mean come on...it's like they made this station for us children of the 80's

Hall and Oates - check

MJ - Check

Joe Jackson, Lionel! - check and check

best station in the game

Vice City obviously has the best soundtrack in the whole GTA series. It is interesting that Four little diamonds was playing in my mind today.  :lol:  I can replay that game just for music  :ph34r: 

And I gotta say Jesper Kyd makes awesome music. I mean in Hitman franchise the whole soundtrack is just flawless. And also I played the first Assassin's Creed game the soundtrack in that game was also awesome too.

Hitman Codename 47 - Main Menu Theme is one of my favorites but I can't find the original version on youtube. I can even upload it that's a shame. I use this as my ring tone  B) 

Hitman 2 - Main Theme 

Hitman 2 - Exploration

Contracts is better than every Hitman game in atmosphere and music in my opinion. 

Hitman Contracts - Main Theme

Hitman Contacts - S.W.A.T Team (epicness)

I would put more like double ballers and club music but that would be too much. Lets just say contracts has awesome music

Hitman Blood Money - Main Theme

Also about Assassin's Creed:

I really enjoyed being pursued by guards thanks to awesome music  ^_^ 

Assassin's Creed - Chase Theme

The original and longer one is the "Access The Animus" to be exact. 

Gotta love Jesper Kyd.

• Brohoof 1

Fallout 3 and New Vegas have amazing soundtracks. After that... Nier is pretty good. A older game called Full Throttle had an amazing one though.

Edited by Fridge

The main theme from Dragonball Z Budokai 3 really did pump me up when I first played it on the PS2. So here you go, the amazing DBZ Budokai 3 theme song:

Yes!!! This has to be the best intro game song of all time! I loved budokai 3 so much when it released and to this day I think it has remained to be the best budokai out of the series ;)

I just played Little Inferno, and felt the need to post here again because the soundtrack completely blew me away.  It perfectly creates an ominous, yet simultaneously hopeful tone.

I freaking love the soundtrack from VVVVVV. It's very chiptuny and catchy. Also, the composer of the soundtrack is an awesome fellow and deserves recognition!

The second one is a little harder to pinpoint. The entire Touhou series. I consider it my third favourite fandom, the first being obviously my little pony and the second being phoenix wright. Out of the entire series though, this song is my favourite and it always runs through my head when im doing some kind of insane challenge.

In order of favorites

1: Deus Ex: HR - just, wow

2. Bastion - absolutely amazing country/rock mix (even though I hate country)

3. Sword and Sworcery EP - this game was made for its music, lets be honest here.

• Brohoof 1

My favourite soundtracks are The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword that was amazing (even better after seeing the Zelda symphony live)

Bastion. Bastion had an amazing soundtrack. All of the songs sounded really dark but happy at the same time.

For me, there's just so many OSTs that I've loved over the 15 or so years I've been able to manipulate a controller.

For example, I'm listening to something from Ratchet and Clank 3 right now, as I post this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UffKig2DTQU

Other OSTs I've loved:

Spyro the Dragon 1, especially Dark Passage and Wizard Peaks

Crash Bandicoot 1 and 2

All handheld Pokemon games I've played (R/S/E/FR/LG/B/W)

Cave Story, Braid, Bastion, Closure

Ratchet and Clank 1-3, and Jak 1-3, of course.

Super Mario Galaxy, and Paper Mario 1 and 2 were also great.

I can't think of any more right now, but I probably wouldn't be able to get everything down even if I tried.

• Brohoof 1

My favorite soundtrack is from FTL: Faster Than Light. The soundtrack makes an excellent job in creating a feeling of being in space.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is also a favorite, no other game can match it's atmosphere, and I think the music is a big reason why. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind also got a great soundtrack for the same reasons.

Hotline Miami is awesome, really gives a feeling of the Miami underground in the 90's

Edited by Soundgarden