Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the correct way to nick name Mi Amore Cadenza?

Princes  Cadance

Originally it was Cadence, but after the media explosion it got changed to Cadance.

Fun fact though, When Lauren created Princess Cadance, she was never intended to be an Alicorn, but the staff changed her with out her knowing sometime after she stepped down.

At first i thought it was Candace, but then i saw a few more spellings and pronunciations. Now i believe it's Cadence.

But i like how her full name is Mi Amore Cadenza, nice Italian twist you got there Hasbro... i vote that from now on we call her Amy.

Two side notes though:

- Will her name change now that she's married, so say; Mi Amore Armour Cadenza? Or even perhaps Shinning Armour Cadenza?

- If she's immortal like Celestia and Luna, then that means she'll outlive her husband by hundreds of years. Plus he'll age while she won't, it'll be a horrible way to live

- Will her name change now that she's married, so say; Mi Amore Armour Cadenza? Or even perhaps Shinning Armour Cadenza?

I doubt it as it would probably cause a lot of confusion. There's no need to complicate things for something trivial like this.

- If she's immortal like Celestia and Luna, then that means she'll outlive her husband by hundreds of years. Plus he'll age while she won't, it'll be a horrible way to live

This is a good point, maybe she will give that up in some way or already has by marrying a pony that's not a Alicorn? Or maybe she never got that for some reason. It's defiantly something to think about.

If she's immortal like Celestia and Luna, then that means she'll outlive her husband by hundreds of years. Plus he'll age while she won't, it'll be a horrible way to live

Maybe she'll get to give up her immortality by doing something like this...

LOL, that'd be so awesome!!! B)

• Brohoof 1

Maybe she'll get to give up her immortality by doing something like this...

LOL, that'd be so awesome!!! B)

yey for lotr clips! haha

Well I think it's Cadance but I say Cadence because everypony thought it was Cadence at first and I got used to it.

I always thought it was Cadence, it made sense, because that's how they pronounce it, and it comes from Cadenza (Plus the whole deceptive Cadence stuff)

But this picture says otherwise:

Posted Image

I dont even know what to think now

• Brohoof 1

Who cares, Mi Amore Cadenza is such an awesome name! How could you NOT like saying that?

Twilight doesn't (or didn't). And we know Twilight's opinion is never wayward or skewed.

I think one of the people who are on the team personally prefer "Cadence", so I'd assume it isn't canonically confirmed (yet).

*I* prefer Cadance.

The difference between an 'e' and an 'a' isn't going to have a profound effect on the name anyway, it still has the same pronunciation.

'Cadence' is the correct spelling for the musical term, but most proper nouns tend to follow their own little path when it comes to spelling.

Take the name 'Alex' for example. You could spell it 'Alyx'. Different spelling, same pronunciation. Lots of parents have been taking radical spins on the spellings of traditional names lately too, so the difference between an 'a' and an 'e' shouldn't be too much of a problem.

The fact that we don't see the names of any ponies written anywhere in the show also makes them open to slight interpretation. We should, of course, take slight direction from the writers and what fans have deemed acceptable when it comes to names of course; we don't want people going around naming our beloved ponies 'Twilyt Sparckle' and 'Pinkee Pi' now, do we?

We'll come to accept either 'Cadence' or 'Cadance' at some stage, we just have to let one settle as the actual name. Although it looks like most fans have taken to the spelling of 'Cadance'.