Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should I start watching the show again?

n00bUltima

So, I haven't been on here for a while, and I fatally lost interest in ponies during the wait.

And right now, I want to start watching it again. Is the new episode any good? Or should I wait until more episodes get released?

I had Starlight Glimmer hype, so maybe I should do it?

I am unsure.

it depends whom you ask how good they are, to me they aren't bad but the opening was mediocre and the 3rd episode was good. But overall if you want to come back and watch go and do it. the new episodes arent bad by any stretch of the immagination

That all depends on you, does the show still capture you imagination? Do you feel better for watching new episodes? Do you feel invested in the story direction? As for me, I admit, my interest in the show is waning, right now the story that has most of my attention is not MLP, but Zootopia, ever since I first saw it, ponies have taken a back seat to Zootopia, its characters and its world, for it has managed to capture my zeal, that took MLP two years to do. Friendship is Magic and Zootopia do have similarities, like pursuit of dreams, friendship, valour and justice, plus you really bond with Judy and Nick, even the background characters, and add a mystery then you have something that could fit into an episode of MLP. Zootopia does seem to have more, like world building, deeper slice of life story, and multidimensional characters with back story and development, as much as I would like to be invested in MLP, I was looking for something fresh, something to give me feelings, Zootopia did all that and more, so I still watch new MLP episodes, although not with the same amount of energy or passion I once had, furthermore, what matters if you feel happy, so if MLP season six looks fine watch it, but if you feel uninspired, I am sure there are other stories that could give you what you are looking for, keep your chin up and look for the sunny side.

Moving to show discussion as this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the merchandise per se. :)

• Brohoof 2

The show's writing styles have evolved noticeably. You're not gonna get the same content from season 2 for example in the first 3 episodes of season 6. Giving anything a go again however is always worth your while if you can spare the time. Lots of writers come and go but there's still a lot of quality offered and dished out in FiM.

(edited)

How is it that the hiatus that finally got you was the shortest one?

There's literally only 3 episodes of S6 right now, so it's basically only an hour of your time to see if you like them. I am not going to tell them if they are good or not because all of that is subjective. Frankly if you want to see if you still have interest in the show, it's probably better to start now than when you have a full 26 episodes to go through.

I will say if you had hype for Starlight Glimmer you'll probably like the Opener, her plot is the shining part of that particular episode at least in MY own opinion.

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

So, I haven't been on here for a while, and I fatally lost interest in ponies during the wait.

And right now, I want to start watching it again. Is the new episode any good? Or should I wait until more episodes get released?

I am unsure.

Yes

Absolutely

Its amazing

The show is great

Do it

• Brohoof 1

Do it. The worst that can happen, is that you say it's the worst episode ever. :P

(edited)

That all depends on you, does the show still capture you imagination? Do you feel better for watching new episodes? Do you feel invested in the story direction? As for me, I admit, my interest in the show is waning, right now the story that has most of my attention is not MLP, but Zootopia, ever since I first saw it, ponies have taken a back seat to Zootopia, its characters and its world, for it has managed to capture my zeal, that took MLP two years to do. Friendship is Magic and Zootopia do have similarities, like pursuit of dreams, friendship, valour and justice, plus you really bond with Judy and Nick, even the background characters, and add a mystery then you have something that could fit into an episode of MLP. Zootopia does seem to have more, like world building, deeper slice of life story, and multidimensional characters with back story and development, as much as I would like to be invested in MLP, I was looking for something fresh, something to give me feelings, Zootopia did all that and more, so I still watch new MLP episodes, although not with the same amount of energy or passion I once had, furthermore, what matters if you feel happy, so if MLP season six looks fine watch it, but if you feel uninspired, I am sure there are other stories that could give you what you are looking for, keep your chin up and look for the sunny side.

Well not to insult Zootopia, as I did greatly enjoy that movie, but I suspect in a few months you'll probably be more heavily invested in some show fandom than Zootopia, wether than show be MLP again or some other show I do not know. But Movie fandoms simply tend to be a lot less substainable than Show fandoms. Kind of inevitable when you have to wait years and years for each 2 hours of content basically. Fan content can only keep people going for so long usually. 

Edited by M'gann M'orzz

(edited)

I am unsure.

It depends on the type of Person you are, I recommend looking up new reviews for Season 6 if you can and picking episodes that appeal to you, unless you're a order freak like me and have to watch everything in Order.....

Edited by Puns & Shadows.

I recommend that you give the show another go, if you're already caught up to the beginning of Season 6 and enjoyed the Season's before it then why not watch the remaining few that's available so far? It's just one new episode a week, so you'll be up to date on the show easily if you start again now. :)

Just watched it, because nothing better to do!

The 2 first episodes were okay in my opinion. They weren't too bad or too good.

The next episode contains Maud, I assume? So I think I'm gonna watch the third tonight.

Might stop a while with ponies after that.

The wait was the shortest hiatus we've ever had for the show this time. We barely had to wait at all for the next season to come, so yes, you should give the premiere a chance since you recently just watched the last final. Go for it, Starlight is looking good in this season.

(edited)

If you like Starlight you definately should. And episode 3 is quite fun as well.

There has been also info about the future episodes and a couple have plots that sound interesting and important as episodes in general. So maybe you should read the plots and see if sticking around for them sounds good to you.

Edited by snowflame

I hated the concept of Starlight being a regular or semi regular but the premier made me actually really like her! Give it a chance. I'm quite pleased with all the episodes of the first season thus far. I wouldn't classify them as the best of the show, but solid, writing and entertaining.

If you've got Starlight Glimmer hype, then watch it. I found her to be the one good thing about the premiere of the new season. I hope they'll put her in more episodes, since she's a very enjoyable character.

I am unsure.

I dunno, I fell like season six so far is pretty weak, but then again season 5 was my favorite season, I'd imagine it'll probably pick up soon enough. Little worried about the direction, dialogue seems really forced and unnatural, dunno if it has something to do with Tim Stuby directing, or Josh being story editor, but something defiantly feels off to me. Regardless, I'm going to keep watching it until either I die, or the series ends, I've been a diehard fan since Jan 2014, I want to see where the ride goes, good or bad.

That being said, it's up to you, if you feel like watching the show, then watch the show. If you don't feel like watching the show, don't watch the show.

Edited by bamboozled321