Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler What if the racing episode is like Wacky Races?

ggg-2

Twice now, MLP's Facebook has foreshadowed a racing episode. I just had an interesting thought. How would you feel if this episode turned out to be an homage to Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Races cartoon?

• Brohoof 6

Twice now, MLP's Facebook has foreshadowed a racing episode. I just had an interesting thought. How would you feel if this episode turned out to be an homage to Hanna-Barbera's Wacky Races cartoon?

I would personally love it if this happened. Evil mustache Pinkie could be Dick Dastardly, with Gummy as Muttley! XD

But yeah, I personally love that idea and would love to see it implemented.

• Brohoof 3

I'd love if it turned out into a Wacky Races-esque episode, especially if we had a Dastardly character. xD

It'd be quite a sweet homage, and it'd have potential for a lot of funny moments.

• Brohoof 1

Yessssssss!

dick_dastardly_and_muttley_by_mixedfan86

645cf30c5913a50a3a3103cdd694edf6.jpg

You could always throw Discord in that role and he'd pull it off rather nicely! :D

EDIT: wow, I just looked up the series, and it had a total of 17 episodes! And to think that it's stayed in the hearts of so many who watched it. 

Edited by PiratePony
  • Brohoof 1

That would kick ass! I hope an episode like that has more going on than just racing, since racing alone seems a little gratuitous, but such a reference would be cool either way. I used to enjoy the PC game adaptation of Wacky Races a lot.

Never would've expected that people would talk about wacky races here. :P

But i like that thought. Could be a really fun episode. :)

I'd say it would only be natural seeing as our previous racing episode "Fall Weather Friends" had both AJ and Dash pulling a Dick Dastardly, plus how many other times the show does send ups or parodies of older media.

That is something I would see the show doing, Wacky Races had some charm to it and you didn't know who to root for because the ones who would lead can change on a dime similar to Mario Kart.

They could pay homage to something that was really entertaining, take the ball and run with it.

I think that would be very and interesting, and it's a great idea! I used to love Wacky Races (and I'm still very fond of the show now), so it would be sweet to see an episode with a similar story! :squee: I can picture it now... yes, I think it would work surprisingly well! :)

Edited by Wolves

As much as I used to like Wacky Races, IMO it hasn't really aged that well so I wouldn't particularly enjoy it. That said, I also wouldn't hate it because it would probably still be at least somewhat enjoyable.

Edited by KatonRyu