Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The villain of the movie

heavens-champion

I don't need a villain to be happy with the movie. I would like it with them travelling,then Twilight uses a spell and they get in Genderbend AU.

Waaaiiiit!This would be a cool fanfic *starts writing*

All of them. I think it would be kinda cool to have all the past villians (maybe even some of the reformed ones) to be led by this Cosmo from Fairly Odd Parents,kinda like how the Sombra comic arc did it.

That was a quite excellent comic indeed.

I literally JUST found out that there is a movie coming out! Wow... Since Kristin Chenoweth says she will be playing a brand new character, I almost wonder if this will be the villain! I was personally hoping that it could be all of the old villains banded together (wouldn't that be cool!?!) but I doubt that will happen!

I'm not going to cop out and state the obvious answer people would expect from me. Everyone knows I have a strong bias for Chrysalis. It won't happen and I'm fine with her not being in the movie, as long as the movie is excellent. I really loathe the internet and how nothing is a surprise anymore. This is why I enjoyed movies back in the 90s and early 00s. I know email spoilers existed back then... But social media being the evil cancer that it is, will always ruin the surprise somehow. 

I thought Chrysalis and her changelings would have been a great force in the movie. Everyone  has always wanted to see the  Badlands or a changeling hive. I predict(even though I'm more often wrong, but will stick with my predictions) that Chrysalis will be the season 6 finale villain and that she WON'T appear in the movie. I am fine with a new villain, because the movie should have the uniqueness to sort of be its own thing, while respecting the show's source material. 

(edited)

Seeing fan art of MLP Villains I think its going to be this goat character I seen

angled goat horns dark grey fur and eyes like king sombras

You mean this guy? (Sorry, I found a good image but I'm not allowed to link it from a Wiki.)

Anyway, that's Grogar. He was the villain of "The Return of Tambelon", a four-part TV special from the original G1 My Little Pony series. And considering they imported Tirek from the same generation, this may not be entirely out of the question.

As for that interview with Liev Schreiber, he described his role as "the evil monster who [verbally] eviscerates all the little ponies". Take that as you will.

Edited by immblueversion

You mean this guy? (Sorry, I found a good image but I'm not allowed to link it from a Wiki.)

Anyway, that's Grogar. He was the villain of "The Return of Tambelon", a four-part TV special from the original G1 My Little Pony series. And considering they imported Tirek from the same generation, this may not be entirely out of the question.

As for that interview with Liev Schreiber, he described his role as "the evil monster who [verbally] eviscerates all the little ponies". Take that as you will.

YES that's him I can never remember some characters names for the life of me

So the villian is not female? ^

As far as we know, no. But no one said there wouldn't be more than one villain. The Russian panel suggested there'd be an entire group, or perhaps even an army. If that's the case, I think we can expect a few named minions.

• 3 weeks later...

I doubt the villain will be an alicorn named Cosmos as was leaked ages ago; they've probably revised the script and plot for the movie since then.

This Grogar guy seems like a decent villain, though, and fits the 'pony-eviscerating' criteria quite well. It'll be awesome if the movie is going to revamp one of Tirek's G1 peers (and give him Wolverine's brother as a voice actor) for an all-new, all-evil threat to Equestria, especially if they don't reform him at the end :-P .

I doubt the villain will be an alicorn named Cosmos as was leaked ages ago; they've probably revised the script and plot for the movie since then.

This Grogar guy seems like a decent villain, though, and fits the 'pony-eviscerating' criteria quite well. It'll be awesome if the movie is going to revamp one of Tirek's G1 peers (and give him Wolverine's brother as a voice actor) for an all-new, all-evil threat to Equestria, especially if they don't reform him at the end :-P .

I believe the script revision was confirmed by the leaks themselves. They said it was written as though the entire audience would already deeply familiar with the characters and lore, not bothering to actually explain what alicorns are or why they're so important. Good for pre-established fans, maybe, but it needs to attract a bigger crowd than that. Then again, the Sony executive who wrote it actually advised that doing a repeat of the Smurfs move with ponies would be the only way it could make any sense to them. (Thank Celestia that they ditched Sony and saved us from such a travesty.)

That little bit of credibility-demolishing information aside, they do have a point. If you're making something that's deeply entrenched in the continuity of something else, you should always add a little time for your audience to get to know what's happening. If not because you think they're mindless goldfish who'd watch anything, then to help them better invest themselves in the story.

Edited by immblueversion

So the villian is not female? ^

I don't see this guy voicing a female character :dash:

sig-4573685.ce833c754d2175f55d3bb8f7e4b0

Now the question is: How dark will he be? Many things are lighter and softer these days, it's a shame we won't see a villain in the same caliber as the British accented big cat, the master manipulator sea witch nor the religious fanatic and sexually repressed judge :sunny:  

sig-4651826.sig-4573685.ce833c754d2175f5

Now the question is: How dark will he be? Many things are lighter and softer these days, it's a shame we won't see a villain in the same caliber as the British accented big cat, the master manipulator sea witch nor the religious fanatic and sexually repressed judge :sunny:  

Liev Schreiber says his role will be "safe" for kids; when he mentioned his character would "eviscerate" the ponies, he said it'd be in a verbal sense. With that in mind, the darkest villain we've had in G4 is Tirek, so I doubt the movie villain will be too much darker than he was.

I thought about it long time ago. It would be epic if allmighty patient aunt Celestia would get mad and mane six with friends tried to stop her. And in the end Twilight would deny alicornship becouse it's dangerous for everypony arround.

Yes, I believe in unicorn Twilight, deal with it! B)

ts_deal_with_it_by_leo_17_0_2-d5euoux.pn

Liev Schreiber says his role will be "safe" for kids; when he mentioned his character would "eviscerate" the ponies, he said it'd be in a verbal sense. With that in mind, the darkest villain we've had in G4 is Tirek, so I doubt the movie villain will be too much darker than he was.

Well, if the villain can break ponies with words that could add some points in the dark villains department. None of the famous Disney villains eviscerated anything (on screen at least), but they've always had a way with words, and psychopathy, and an ease with manipulating their victims. I know those days are behind, but I'd hope the bad guy would be as epic as the ones I'd described (which are Scar, Ursula and Frodo btw)

sig-4651826.sig-4573685.ce833c754d2175f5

Not unless it's in pg-13 movies or higher.

Maybe he'll be 'turn ponies into monsters' dark.

I heard it was going to be Celestia and Luna's brother, a lord of the stars, and they might go into the background of Alicorns, maybe even their origins!

That's an early draft when they were negotiating with Sony to develop the movie. It's intriguing how the setting will be sea pony based, but It would be a shame that story with Cosmos will go to scrap  :( . Hopefully they'll recycle it for later  :icwudt: