Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Princess Celestia is actually the series' villan?

TheAnimatorOfficial

This will never happen. I heard people saying this for the past 5 years and i am certain they wait in vain.

If she really is the villain, why did nobody in Equestria ever rebelled against her, in the last 1000 years? Because she is nice.

• Brohoof 2

That would be some insane storytelling like in an alternate universe, it was me all along Twilight!

Please, somebody edit Celestias face on this. XD

• Brohoof 3

I think this could actually be possible. It could be like Palpatine in the prequels, manipulating behind the shadows, whilst acting kind and polite, only to seize control of the galaxy when no one expected it. While it would never happen, if they did this with Celestia and made it work, as well as build a story around it, I would give the people at Hasbro medals for having the balls to even try a thing like that in the show.

• Brohoof 2

Well, if this happened, you can bet a lot of the fandom would be ecstatic, what with all the Celestia tyrant fanfics and such.  I think it would be awesome for a completely isolated, alternate universe episode, like the Star Trek Enterprise evil universe episode.  You could basically do that same type of thing--open the episode with a previous scene, like...oh, idk....the Summer Sun Celebration or something, but Celestia just starts nuking everything instead....

• Brohoof 1

This will never happen. I heard people saying this for the past 5 years and i am certain they wait in vain.

If she really is the villain, why did nobody in Equestria ever rebelled against her, in the last 1000 years? Because she is nice.

Maybe because everyone is deluded by her. Think about it. She comes across as a dictator forcing people to amend to friendship, against their own will.

Maybe because everyone is deluded by her. Think about it. She comes across as a dictator forcing people to amend to friendship, against their own will.

And that's bad because...

No seriously, are you just saying that because: Dictator = Evil

There is something called the benevolent dictator and i don't see Equestria suffering from her rule.

Please, somebody edit Celestias face on this. XD

The Canterlot Screwjob was pretty cool though

"Twilight screwed Twilight"

Edited by Megas

And that's bad because...

No seriously, are you just saying that because: Dictator = Evil

There is something called the benevolent dictator and i don't see Equestria suffering from her rule.

She could be doing horrible things to another place outside of Equestria.

She could be doing horrible things to another place outside of Equestria.

Then why does nobody in the last 1000 years never told about it? Someone at some point, must have caught wind.

Celestia is the princess of equestria after all.

If assclowns like larson ever become chief writer, it might be possible. Defeated by Starlight Glimmer in ten seconds flat. Else it's not gonna happen, fortunately.

• Brohoof 1

What if she's actually training Twilight into doing a really bad deed and Luna/Discord/Sombra were good all along, trying to defeat Celestia? Would be an insane twist for a season finale or possibly the movie.

Or.. teaching Twilight that friendship is magic was just a ploy to 'redeem' Luna, Discord, and Starlight so that they can easily meet in secret and plan to overtake Equestria! :o

Edited by Glike

hah. No. Because brainwashing and manipulation is more like it

I certainly don't trust that IllumiNeighty eye of Horus horse

Celestia reveled as a villain would probably create a lot of disappointment for fans. She's already established as a important character and to have that thrown away seems like a waste.

hah. No. Because brainwashing and manipulation is more like it

I certainly don't trust that IllumiNeighty eye of Horus horse

No offense, but even if that was true, i am still better at this then her. ;)

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't see that coming out of Canon Celestia, usually they would drop some kind of hints about that.

Now if the Tree Of Harmony turned out to be the series villain, THEN we would have something to be worried about. Cause that Tree has NEVER lost a fight on the show, Hell its fruit kicked Tirek's, Sombra's, Discord's, and Nightmare Moon's asses in ONE SHOT. Good luck if you found out you had to fight the One Punch Tree of the mlp verse. 

• Brohoof 1

it kinda bugs me that people see Celestia holding back and not just fixing everything with her monumental power and they see evil, rather than her helping others grow.  

its one of the cool aspects of her character that she challenges others and empowers them to solve the problems.  

I'd be completely horrified and feel a little betrayed if they did that to her.

What if she's actually training Twilight into doing a really bad deed and Luna/Discord/Sombra were good all along, trying to defeat Celestia?

That part about the bad guys actually being good all along make no sense. There was nothing from Luna to suggest she was going against Celestia for the sake of the greater good, since her future where she won was a bad future and nothing Celestia did in the pilot should've stopped Luna from wanting to stop Celestia from whatever she's planning. Discord never seemed to specifically target Celestia. He left her (and Luna) alone since he didn't view them as threats originally, just playing around and causing misery and chaos. And when he came back both originally and reformed, he never tried stopping her or warning the others about what she may be planning. And Sombra had little to no interaction with Celestia given the backstory the comics gave him (which was approved by Hasbro implying that it was OK he never had much connection to her).

Luna rebelled against her too

I could actually see that happening...if this was a Square Enix video game/manga. :P

Don't get me wrong, that is a good idea for a twist (...to me, at least), but...it's too good to be true. The more and more you look at the way MLP:FiM is structured, the more and more it becomes apparent that it's just not going to happen. Princess Celestia has constantly encouraged Twilight to follow the path of good, Twilight never would've matured to become as good as she is without Celestia's help.

The only imaginable way I personally could see something like that happening is if either it was revealed that Celestia had her memory erased of a time she was more sinister or, it was revealed that she's far more powerful than we know and has been staging her defeats so that she could test Twilight and her friends' fortitude in actual battles against evil to forge her ultimate servants.

And that's only hypothetical. Not to mention unlikely. HOWEVER...

...I would much love to be surprised.  :squee: 

Then she would be an underwhelming final boss that would be a cakewalk for Twilight and or the mane 6 to defeat.

I like her character and all, but as of lately she has a bad track record when it comes to actually defending equestria and her subjects from harm.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1