Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Writer Changes and Future of MLP

Plonkett

The loss of the old writers killed off whatever potential the show has left. It's going to take a miracle for the season to pick back up in the second half, and I'd be shocked if that happened. It's no coincidence that this season is among the weakest after such a great previous season. It's also unsurprising that the new writers are just nowhere near as good, even though there's a couple good episodes. If the season's second half is just as mediocre, it'll be safe to assume that the show has outlived its usefulness.

• Brohoof 2

I still like the season quite a bit. It's even got a few of my new favorites like A Hearth's Warming Tale and The Saddle Row Review. I don't really think it's gone downhill at all. There is no reality here, just opinions.

Hope you enjoy the second half more though. :grin:

• Brohoof 7

Season 6 is really good so far in my opinion.  I don't know why everyone is bashing this season so much more than any other season.  It's only half way through, so there's still quite a bit of episodes left. 

• Brohoof 2

The "reality of the situation" is a subjective thing at best. Really, I'll admit that a few episode aside there hasn't really been that "OMG AMAZING EPISODE" moment yet, but that's not a bad thing. The episodes we have generally got in S6 thus far have been good to excellent, and the writers have proven to be reliable.

So yeah, no reason to write off this season at all, IMO. :)

• Brohoof 6

No, no I don't. I am welcome to enjoy season 6. Nothing is automatically universally bad because someone has a negative opinion of it. If you don't like it, oh well, nothing wrong with that. But that doesn't mean I am obligated to dislike it just the same.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, I like season 6 a fair bit more than season 5 so far. It hasn't had the high notes of season 5, but it also hasn't had the low points either, and I enjoy its general direction more than I did season 5. 

Is it the true reality, or just yours? Because there is a big difference.

Granted, this season was so far just okay and there is alot of things to make it better, but it's wrong to just throw it in the trash.

If you give up on the show, fine by me. But you shouldn't say it like it's an objective fact, cause it's not.

• Brohoof 6

While this season hasn't been as good as the previous one (my opinion), I am still enjoying it. I liken it to the Original Star Wars Trilogy. I think Jedi is a great installment. Love it. Not as good as A New Hope of Empire. I am not a Tiger Mom. This show doesn't need to be perfect for me to love it and want more. 

• Brohoof 1

This season has been average so far, but I don't think it's fair to say that the show has no potential left. There's still a lot that can be done with what they've been doing recently. I say wait and see. 

Not as good as expected, but it's still superior to the quality of season 1 in my opinion; I'll start worrying if a season's quality becomes worse than that. But any sense of doom of Bronydom or MLPFIM has been meaningless to me.

• Brohoof 2

The only "reality" that I can see here is the reality that this sort of thread has been cropping up periodically since Season 2. I don't see Season 6 as being much different to any of the other seasons. It's had its ups and downs, true, but I don't think the current Season has produced consistently poor episodes... at least, not more than S5, or S4. If long-time writers leave, of course things will be shaken up a bit, but that doesn't mean we should just tip the entire show into the trashcan.

That said, one's enjoyment of the show is one's own business, and if you truly think the show has lost you somewhere along the way, that's fair enough. However, acting like that viewpoint is the only sensible one, and anyone who thinks different is just hiding from the truth, is nonsense.

I thought I was done... Season 6 pulled me back in. Hopefully, the second half will pull you back in too. And if not, maybe Season 7 will. Who knows?

• Brohoof 3

A touch fatalist isn't it? Reminds me of how people responded to season 3 and twilicorn. I have enjoyed the season so far and I am interested as to what they have in store for the future. New staff isn't entirely bad imho. They call it new talent for a reason.

• Brohoof 1

While Season 6 got off to a bumpy start, I think things are starting to look up. Out of the episodes that aired, my favorites so far have been The Gift of Maud Pie, On Your Marks, Gauntlet of Fire, A Hearth's Warming Tail, The Saddle Row Review, Flutter Brutter and Spice Up Your Life. The leaked episode list for the second half of Season 6 sounds promising, too.

I don't really know what you mean really. I like the new season, it's just that there is no Single over all theme to this season is all. Everypony has accomplished everything there is and there is no reason for an epic adventure to be going on right now. Some of the voice actresses are doing other things right now so we have a lot more rarity right now which I think is good. 

Season 6 is alright so far. I have to agree that they are running out of ideas though. Starlight Glimmer has lots of potential for great episodes about her, and rainbow dash should be seen doing more with the wonderbolts within the next half of this season too. I feel as though we have had too many Rarity focused episodes or episodes with Rarity as one of the main ponies for the episode. We need more Fluttershy and Twilight focused episodes! i need this to happen as soon as the rest of the season begins to air. :fiery:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I think there's still a lot of potential left for the show, but I will say that most of the episodes so far I've found to be either mediocre or downright bad; I've sorta started skipping episodes, and I am somewhat discontented the amount of Rarity-focused episodes as @@Crazyaboutpegasi mentioned.

It also stands out to me that season six was supposedly going to be about 'exploring Equestria', but so far it's been pretty much nothing but locales we've already seen.

Edited by Makazi
  • Brohoof 1

If you think the show has gone downhill, the just stop watching and move on to something else. However, saying that the show going downhill is the, "reality of the situation" really comes off as kind of elitist. If people are enjoying season 6, they won't exactly conform to your reality. My reality is that the season is par for the course like any season with pros and cons.
  • Brohoof 4

Season 6 has had some of my least favorite episodes in the entire show. However, it also has had some of my absolute favorite episodes as well. Just because it has had some bad episodes doesn't mean we should ignore all of the good ones. That to me is an insult to the current writers.

• Brohoof 1

Hey man I may not be a fan of S6 myself either but there is no "reality of the situation". There's been plenty of people enjoying S6 so far

Someone's being a little overly dramatic, don't you think? Like every season, S6 has had its ups and downs, but I wouldn't say it's going downhill. Adding new writers doesn't immediately mean the show's going to fail either, since after this many seasons the previous writers were either running out of ideas or wanted to move onto other things.

What this means is that YOU have lost interest in the show, and are proclaiming it the end of all things. Me, on the other hand? I "accept" that I still enjoy the show even now and will continue to watch it for the foreseeable future.   

• Brohoof 3

Season 6 has had some of my least favorite episodes in the entire show. However, it also has had some of my absolute favorite episodes as well. Just because it has had some bad episodes doesn't mean we should ignore all of the good ones. That to me is an insult to the current writers.

So basically like every single season? Cause I can give that description to basically every season, though obviously the balance changes.

• Brohoof 1