Member Berry

What mobile OS do you use?  

21 users have voted

1. 1. What mobile OS do you use?

• Android
    • iOS
    • Windows
    • Other

I'm an Apple kind of person haha. My dad is a fan of Apple.

I have an iPhone SE. Its a pretty cool phone and its good for people who likes phones that could fit in their pockets, And the camera is pretty good!

Right now I'm using a iPhone 5s. I've never liked Apple products and I want my Android back, I had a Xperia Z5 Premium before but I had to sell it for reasons. 

I have a Galaxy Note 4 and a Tab S, both Android of course.

The Tab S is laggy as shit, pathetic for an "octa-core" SoC but I'm far too lazy to root it.

Strictly Android, I won't risk my security on the buggy, and very insecure apple iOS. Remember folks, if you use an apple product, NEVER put your real life information or credit information into it. Currently it is the single most simple OS to hack on the market. 

In fact it is so bad, it can be hacked by someone letting you use their "charger". All it takes is a small chip inside the charger to unlock your phone and inject a virus that uploads all of your information to a web site. 

I have a Galaxy Note 4 and a Tab S, both Android of course.

The Tab S is laggy as shit, pathetic for an "octa-core" SoC but I'm far too lazy to root it.

I've never rooted an Android. What can you do with a rooted one? I jailbroken my old iPod Touch for a laugh more than anything :P I just wanted to see how to do it.

I've never rooted an Android. What can you do with a rooted one? I jailbroken my old iPod Touch for a laugh more than anything :P I just wanted to see how to do it.

By rooting an Android device, you can customize virtually every aspect of it. You'll be able to install custom ROMs and the like and not have to wait for updates (that in my case, will probably never come).

For me, it's mostly getting rid of all the stock Samsung junk that slows it down and kills battery life.

I really ought to.

By rooting an Android device, you can customize virtually every aspect of it. You'll be able to install custom ROMs and the like and not have to wait for updates (that in my case, will probably never come).

For me, it's mostly getting rid of all the stock Samsung junk that slows it down and kills battery life.

I really ought to.

That pissed me off when I had a Samsung too >.> so much crap. There doesn't seem to be too many crappy apps pre-installed on my current phone luckily.

I have a BlackBerry Q5 running BlackBerry 10 as my primary OS. Absolutely love how intuitive and seamless the OS is, and it runs smooth as butter too. The only downside is the relative lack of apps compared to the competition (although it can run a good amount of Android apps), but I've never been big on apps anyway.

Android KitKat 4.4.4 (yes, I use a Samsung Galaxy Note 4). Personally, I never really liked OSX (currently have an Apple iPad mini 1 for school purposes... barely, if ever, use it.)

I use Windows. I like android a little better, but I got a crazy good deal on my phone. It's a good phone too. The only thing that ever bothers me is the lack of app support on windows. For example, there is no Snapchat on Windows phones. 

I use an LG G3. I love it.

Android is my OS and I will never switch to anything else.

(edited)

I actually own all three. But my primary phone is iOS( iPhone 5s )

Android: Too customizable. I have a hard enough time figuring out what wallpaper I want to use let alone theme, shape, size etc...

Windows: Beautiful UI but a lack of apps...

iOS: Simple design and simple to use.

Edited by Kagami-sama

I actually own all three. But my primary phone is iOS( iPhone 5s )

Android: Too customizable. I have a hard enough time figuring out what wallpaper I want to use let alone theme, shape, size etc...

Windows: Beautiful UI but a lack of apps...

iOS: Simple design and simple to use.

Yeah, I have that trouble with Android :P I could spend all day playing with different launchers.

Strictly Android, I won't risk my security on the buggy, and very insecure apple iOS. Remember folks, if you use an apple product, NEVER put your real life information or credit information into it. Currently it is the single most simple OS to hack on the market. 

In fact it is so bad, it can be hacked by someone letting you use their "charger". All it takes is a small chip inside the charger to unlock your phone and inject a virus that uploads all of your information to a web site.

I actually sell phones for a living and all of that is 100% inaccurate. Please don't scare people, not even the FBI can get into iPhones. IOS is one of the most secure operating systems around, Android is actually far more vunerable to malware and hacking. The charger thing is 100% nonsense. This is the stuff out of urban legends made up by anti-Apple propaganda.

The truth is get what phone works for you. IOS works for me because I love how stable it is. It is very stable, it's optimized for the hardware it runs on, which you'll never 100% get with Android. I have had 5 Androids, and I have to admit, Apples phones last longer. This coming from someone who gets paid to talk about all of these phones.

(edited)

I actually sell phones for a living and all of that is 100% inaccurate. Please don't scare people, not even the FBI can get into iPhones. IOS is one of the most secure operating systems around, Android is actually far more vunerable to malware and hacking. The charger thing is 100% nonsense. This is the stuff out of urban legends made up by anti-Apple propaganda.

The truth is get what phone works for you. IOS works for me because I love how stable it is. It is very stable, it's optimized for the hardware it runs on, which you'll never 100% get with Android. I have had 5 Androids, and I have to admit, Apples phones last longer. This coming from someone who gets paid to talk about all of these phones.

You may sell them, but I program for them and you are 100% WRONG. 

The apple OS has major security flaws. Mostly due to the fact they use a default root password (keep in mind I am dumbing this down for non tech folks). Just because you sell something does not really make you a expert on programming or coding. 

As to the charger hack, it is fact not fiction. It has only recently been fixed but for people who have not updated their iOS it is still an issue.

I can go on and on with security hole after security hole, however that is not the intent here. The intent is to deliver factctual information to people, and not the subjective assumptions of a "sales pony" cloud peoples security. 

*edit* the whole "FBI can't get in" thing, was a joke btw. The reason they could't get in, was they were unwilling to risk the phone, however a simple hack by a blackhat got them past it. Again, the hack used took less than 60 seconds to get in the phone. 

I am not saying the iOS is a bad phone, I write for all three platforms. However to state that the iOS has no major flaws, is just categorically putting peoples information at risk.  

Edited by Rescue Sunstreak
  • Brohoof 1