Did you like the episode?  

222 users have voted

1. 1. Did you enjoy it?

• Um, how about, no! -_-
    • Eh, not really.
    • That was TOTAL meh.
    • It was 'aight!
    • THAT WAS SO SUPER AWESOME COOL!

I really, really, REALLY enjoyed this episode. Seriously made me laugh out loud multiple times! I saw myself and friends reflected in the obsessive fan-dork rambling. Ahh, the late nights spent chatting about fictional characters and various fan theories. Good times. I'm also guilty of ranting like an angry nerd when I don't agree with changes made to some of my beloved fandoms. But while friendly debates are fine I've always found it beyond stupid when people *seriously* get into hate filled arguments over stuff like this. It's okay to not agree on everything and we're all entitled to our opinions, it certainly shouldn't break up friendships. Which was the moral of the story here and I think it was great! It's a good message for not only this fandom but all fandoms.

What can I say? I loved this one! Best of the season so far and for the first time a Daring Do ep has made it to my favorites list. I really don't have any negative points to add. RD was excellent, Quibble was great (hope to see him again one day) and the convention brought back memories of Otakon for me. :squee:

• Brohoof 3

the most severe eyebrow-raising thing I saw at the nightmare nights convention were some dudes crossdressing as female ponies.  

the vendors and panels and hosts were pretty clean.  

Oh, okay. Thank you! I just really don't want my family thinking I am a weirdo or anything like that... (I am, but I don't want them to know that)

• Brohoof 1

I would include Fluttershy in there, too, if we're going to include Soarin. Both ships are only hinted at.

The Internet says otherwise. :) There is a whole TV Tropes page dedicated to sexual innuendo in MLP. And the scene from "Simple Ways" I mentioned earlier goes a little farther than a nod, lol.

Hmm, could you maybe link this, please? The TVTropes page, that is. And I don't feel the Simple Ways scene counts as "sexual innuendo".

Edited by Daring_Do

"Stranger Than Fan Fiction" is 100% pure AWESOME in addition to being 20% COOLER by virtue of being a Rainbow Dash (aka Best Pony) episode.

Everything not acknowledging these painfully obvious facts is just filler.

• Brohoof 3

Sorry I'm late to the party. I've been a tad busy as of late. I made a point of seeing the episode during the live stream on Equestria TV so I'm really only late to share my thoughts. I enjoyed it. It's not perfect IMHO but it's still good, and falls just short of being great, mostly because of Quibble Pants. I think he has a couple good moments, but then he just kills it by not shutting up. However, Dashie is just fine in this episode and it's great to have another Daring Do episode, so all in all I think it's solid.

• Brohoof 3

Sorry I'm late to the party. I've been a tad busy as of late. I made a point of seeing the episode during the live stream on Equestria TV so I'm really only late to share my thoughts. I enjoyed it. It's not perfect IMHO but it's still good, and falls just short of being great, mostly because of Quibble Pants. I think he has a couple good moments, but then he just kills it by not shutting up. However, Dashie is just fine in this episode and it's great to have another Daring Do episode, so all in all I think it's solid.

Pretty much my thoughts. I was also on eqTV so *brohoof* /)

I find it amusingly ironic that my only nitpick was the nitpicky fan pony.  :toldya:

• Brohoof 2

Overall, this episode was okay. "snip" Both Rainbow and he like the first trilogy of Daring Do books, right? I think it would be more accurate for Rainbow to say that he has too narrow or selective a taste in books.

2000 words of - dare I say it - nit-picking... 

Quibble Pants, is that you?

:lol:

• Brohoof 1

ame="Daring_Do" post="4620135" timestamp="1470024037"]Hmm, could you maybe link this, please? The

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/AccidentalInnuendo/MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic

A lot of them are animation errors, but there are a dozen or so that have piqued my curiosity and I need to rewatch those episodes to see if it's true. XD

The page is titled "Accidental Innuendo"; That seems to indicate they acknowledge these aren't intentional. Looking through them, that's an opinion I'd share; A good few of them, in fact, just seem like some bronies having overly dirty minds and finding something sexual in something most folks wouldn't give a second thought to.

2000 words of - dare I say it - nit-picking... 

Quibble Pants, is that you?

:lol:

Heh, I know you're just poking fun, and I figured that might happen to me with this episode in particular. But, if you'll indulge my tendency to "overthink" things, I think there are significant differences between Quibble (at least for most of the episode) and me.

For one thing, unlike Quibble, I'm not a "purist" who only likes the first couple of seasons of MLP:FiM, or who complains that current episodes/seasons aren't up to the "good old days" of seasons past. For all the critical observations and questions I make about episodes, the show still basically lives up to expectations. I don't expect any episode to be perfect, and I would have these observations and questions about any episode of the show, old or new. As I've mentioned before, noticing these kinds of things is part of the viewing experience for me, and I still enjoy watching the show while doing so.

And I think another difference between Quibble (as seen for most of the episode, at least) and me is that I honestly try not to be condescending or make things personal in my posts here (though I'll admit that it's difficult for me to tell how my posts come off to other people). I try to write posts about the show in a way that shows that these are just my personal observations, that I don't claim to know the solutions to many of the things I point out, and that disagreement is possible (and even expected). Also, unlike Quibble's behavior in the episode, I try to keep posts focused on the episodes (or theories, etc.) themselves, not on personally denigrating the episode writers, show staff, or other forum members, even if I disagree with them or don't like episodes or aspects of episodes that they helped to make.

• Brohoof 1

"Stranger Than Fan Fiction" is 100% pure AWESOME in addition to being 20% COOLER by virtue of being a Rainbow Dash (aka Best Pony) episode.

Everything not acknowledging these painfully obvious facts is just filler.

I have to agree on that. Plus, I love your summary of how you felt about the episode as well after watching it for the first time.

Well, that one was quite fun! Quibble Pants sure was one amusing Take That at stubborn fans, and it's glad to see that he and RD made up and went back to being good friends despite their differing views of the Daring Do franchise. Oswald did an hilarious job voicing him, and Quibble rambling over the show's credits had me laughing a lot too. And thanks goodness! New monster! the Cipactli, my mythology nerd is pleased...

Regarding those body pillows... The show's staff sure loves to have fun with anything.

Heh, I know you're just poking fun, and I figured that might happen to me with this episode in particular. But, if you'll indulge my tendency to "overthink" things, I think there are significant differences between Quibble (at least for most of the episode) and me.

For one thing, unlike Quibble, I'm not a "purist" who only likes the first couple of seasons of MLP:FiM, or who complains that current episodes/seasons aren't up to the "good old days" of seasons past. For all the critical observations and questions I make about episodes, the show still basically lives up to expectations. I don't expect any episode to be perfect, and I would have these observations and questions about any episode of the show, old or new. As I've mentioned before, noticing these kinds of things is part of the viewing experience for me, and I still enjoy watching the show while doing so.

And I think another difference between Quibble (as seen for most of the episode, at least) and me is that I honestly try not to be condescending or make things personal in my posts here (though I'll admit that it's difficult for me to tell how my posts come off to other people). I try to write posts about the show in a way that shows that these are just my personal observations, that I don't claim to know the solutions to many of the things I point out, and that disagreement is possible (and even expected). Also, unlike Quibble's behavior in the episode, I try to keep posts focused on the episodes (or theories, etc.) themselves, not on personally denigrating the episode writers, show staff, or other forum members, even if I disagree with them or don't like episodes or aspects of episodes that they helped to make.

Of course, I am only teasing!  But you did kinda walk into that one.  :lol:  And even the real Quibble Pants - though he would be hard to take as a steady diet - was fun as an exotic side-dish. 

• Brohoof 1

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Seeing Rainbow Dash on an adventure with quibble and Daring Do was quite the treat and the backgrounds in this episode were excellent. Patton Oswalt also did a great job doing voice over. Only real complaint I have is that Daring Do wasn't featured enough for my tastes.  

I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Seeing Rainbow Dash on an adventure with quibble and Daring Do was quite the treat and the backgrounds in this episode were excellent. Patton Oswalt also did a great job doing voice over. Only real complaint I have is that Daring Do wasn't featured enough for my tastes.  

You might enjoy the real life Daring Do books, written by G.M. Berrow.

• Brohoof 1

I really did love this episode! I nearly died laughing at the body pillows, like that made it in the show? XD I think Quibble is an interesting character and voiced by the same guy who did Remy, and Jessie from Minecraft: Story Mode.

What a great episode to end the hiatus on!

• Brohoof 2

To be fair Quibble, your in world full of magic, Discord, and princess that and raise and lower hte moon.. Impossilbe ins NOT in your world dictionary.

Very fun episode and so much meta lol all the meta! Slo self insert fanfic much at the end hahaha.

Edited by BlinkZ
  • Brohoof 2