Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Boss Battle

IsraelYabuki

As fellow gamers, we've been fighting loads of RPGs Action and Adventure games. But out of all the bosses we've fought in each game, which of the boss battles was your favorite? My favorite boss battle would be the Groundshaker from Kingdom Hearts 2

Right now. Having just finished it a few hours ago. Darksiders and the 2 stage battle against Abbadon. 1) You get to ride around on a horse 2) You're weilding a sword that could(probebly) demolish a small house and 3) You're fighting as one of the 4 horsemen of the apocolypse! That is awesome!

• Brohoof 1

Fighting the Moon in Dead Space 3. You get on these glyphs that spike your telekinetic powers so much that you can rip the limbs off of the necromorphs, essentially rendering your guns obsolete, and you can lift giant boulders around and crush necromorphs with it and you fight the Moon using these glyphs to launch giant markers at its glowing spots.

The No More Heroes series has tons of great bosses, but my favorite is easily Margaret Moonlight in No More Heroes 2

Runner up for X/Zero in Megaman X5

• Brohoof 1

I think the Boss Fight in Obscure was pretty good, not only did i like the way the boss was designed but it also had great music and was emotional.

I also like the Boss Fight in Resident Evil 2 and the very very last Bossfight really scared me.

The End in MGS3 at ultra hard was an amazing battle, to date i'm yet to see such great mechanics in a boss fight, come to think about it, i don't think i've ever seen a sniper duel in another game, plus the easter eggs and the fact that you could skip the fight entirely by not playing for two days.

• Brohoof 5

The End in MGS3 is one of the coolest bosses in gaming history. It is all so surreal and oozes with atmosphere. It is amazing how you can kill him off in two other ways despite him being arguably the best boss battle in the game.

Another amazing one? Sephiroth in Kingdom Hearts. I just love how on the nose it is. He appears, doesn't say anything, his music starts up and we are then in for a world of pain. He is such a monster in that game and you get his glorious theme playing while fighting him.

• Brohoof 3

Kurt Zisa from Kingdom Hearts is one my favorites. It's one of the only optional bosses that in that game that isn't a cheap button masher or relies on gimmicks like Phantom or Ice Titan. It has several stages, each one you need to change your strategy to adapt to and is just really cool.  

My favorite boss battle would have to be the final fight against Vergil in Devil May Cry 3.

The first fight is the best of the three in my opinion. Both the second and third felt really anticlimactic. The first one had all kinds of epic with the arena they fight in.

---

Speaking of DMC, one of the best fights in all of gaming for sheer creativity was definitely the fight against Barbas in DmC. Fighting hordes while he broadcasted it to the public with slandering commentary? Hell yes.

Not difficult by any means, but the invalid from Dishwasher vampire smile is my favourite for the tension and surprise that happens mid-way through it. I won't spoil anything incase anyone wants to check it out, since I'd reccomend the entire game itself

Edited by Majora Mothra

• 2 weeks later...

For me, the best boss battle I have ever been in would be the one against the dragon Grigori in "Dragon's Dogmas." When you consider the size, difficulty, and just ultimate bad-assery of this dragon, it just feels SO GOOD when you beat him. By far the most accomplished I ever felt after a boss.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Brohoof 1

One of my favorite boss battles in games is Gohdan from Legend of Zelda Wind Waker. I love the music that plays when he's fought, and the fight itself is a lot of fun.

The final fight with Pious Augustus in Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem is an awesome fight.

Actually fighting him is laaaaaaame, especially if you know what you're doing and/or have the perma-enchanted Gladius, but the fight scenes between the gods are amazing. These play at intervals during the fight and you get different scenes depending on which god you have Pious choose to follow at the beginning of the game.

Here's a video of the god fights: