Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Had Celestia punished Twilight in "Lesson Zero" what would it have been?

Azureth

In Lesson Zero Celestia is understandably upset with what Twilight did, the other Mane 6 intervene telling her not to punish Twilight and they should have listened to her to which Celestia responds "I'll forgive Twilights punishment on one condition" that being they all need to send her a friendship letter. 

So how exactly would have Celestia punished Twilight otherwise?

I don't think Twilight was gonna be punished. I think she said that to further motivate the mane 6 into realizing their mistake, so that they'd still have Twilight's back. Because what would any of them had learned if Twilight was punished? 

She wouldn't have. You can clearly see her smiling mischievously before she says "I'll forget the punishment", and she didn't mention punishment until they did. Of course, had it been the Nega-Celestia from No Second Prances, she probably wouldn't have been so forgiving.

She wouldn't have. You can clearly see her smiling mischievously before she says "I'll forget the punishment", and she didn't mention punishment until they did. Of course, had it been the Nega-Celestia from No Second Prances, she probably wouldn't have been so forgiving.

It did seem to be a gambit on Celestia's part.

If the other ponys did not speak up she perhaps would have carried it as far as returning Twilight to Canterlot for remedial lessons. Because, let's admit it, that was one heck of a fudge up on Twilight's part.

Does everyone really think Celestia would send Twilight back to Magic Kindergarten, or is that just a joke? Seriously, Twilight seems terrified of that as a punishment, to the point where it added to her insanity in that episode anyway. I don't think Celestia would do that to her, it seems like it was just Twilight being paranoid. Honestly, actually sending her back to Magic Kindergarten might just make her fear and paranoia worse in the future and cause more problems.

I'd imagine something like being taken back to Canterlot...Temporarily for maybe some kind of extra magic ethics lessons, or some kind of community service or something.

I don't think Celly was going to punish Twi, unless she had actual bad intentions for using the spell. I think the "I'll forgive Twilight's punishment on one condition..." was to follow the rest of the Mane6's game

• Brohoof 1

Doesn't send a good message, though. Some kind of punishment was called for.

A bit like when 'Dash destroyed a government cloud factory so that her turtle could stay awake for her to play with. There should have been a punishment for that.

• Brohoof 1