Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would work better? An Equestria Girls or Guardians of Harmony show?

TheAnimatorOfficial

I think one of the two is coming. I feel like an EG cartoon if done more in the style of let's say Star vs. or even Steven Universe would be insanely marketable towards the older audience but a Guardians of Harmony cartoon would allow for both a more unique story and more potential as a franchise.

I will say this: EG4 and the movie will be very telling for whether one of these happens.

Hopefully we will get an EQG series.

After all these movies, I think it would finally be time to get a television series in order to help flesh out and expanded upon the franchise and help it to reach its full potential.

I'd much rather EQG than GOH.

Personally GOH feels like something that's trying too hard to be dark, cool, edgy, trying too hard to appeal to boys...

...Then again, I've been wanting a MLP and Transformers crossover for a while so I'm not really in a position to say anything :P

_______

Plus if we get an EQG tv series, maybe my dreams of a "RD goes to the DMV" episode might finally be fulfilled

Hey @@TheAnimatorOfficial, since your thread's about potential spinoff shows rather than the show itself, it's being moved to Sugarcube Corner. Have a nice day! :)

I wouldn't mind either, personally. If I were to choose, I'd say I prefer an EQG show, since I really like Sunset Shimmer and we've already had 3 films on that setting, with a fourth one on the way.

An EqG show means more SciTwi and Sunset Shimmer, so I am all about that. This alleged Guardians of Harmony show sounds more action-oriented, which really isn't why I watch this show. Surely I can go elsewhere if I want action animation.

The former. Much as I love the look and sound of Guardians of Harmony, I think it might be better suited to a comic series. From what I hear as I haven't read them myself, the IDW comics have often been considerably darker than the show, so adding a more action-oriented spin-off to that series would probably work much better following what we've already had. I'm not against the idea of a GoH show should one ever materialise, but as a transition from FiM or a companion piece, the potential change in tone and direction might be a bit too jarring. An EqG show would work much better, and it's something I am hoping for as I actually think at this point, it needs its own series. There's a well-established universe and group of characters that deserve more attention and development, and there's only so much of that you can deliver with one 75 minute movie per year. 

My vote's for an EQG show. It would be nice to see more of Sunset outside of the movies, and with a different setting and age range with the Highschool setting, it could allow for alternate storytelling opportunities not possible before.

What's guardians of harmony? I've never heard of this before.

Guardians of Harmony is a new, more action-oriented line of MLP toys and comics.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2016/02/hasbro-announces-my-little-pony.html

As for what I think would work better, GOH is already getting it's own spinoff comic series so I don't think it will need a TV series. If an EQG is coming, then I would be all for it as long as it doesn't slow development of any future FIM seasons. I like the fact that EQG is beginning to develop its own in-depth universe and a new show would really allow Hasbro to take advantage of that.

Edited by Prospekt

Work better how?

With current bunch of writers, EQG would have the highest chance of retaining its current standard, establishing itself as another one of those magical girl shows.

GoH made by any combination of current writers would fail spectacularly. Done correctly, it has the highest potential to expand and explore the MLP franchise.

P.S: SU and S vs. TFOE work because their worlds are “free to let the pants down and moon you in the face” while the characters inhabiting them are unhinged yet relatable. Each one of those crazy bastards has the potential to turn an ordinary day into a shitstorm of wut.

Meanwhile at Horse School: the girls are bracing themselves for the unfathomable excitement that is the trip to a local swimming pool. It may or may not be the exact lessontastic replica of FIM but with fingers. There may or may not be villains of the week/magical Team Rocket involved who will try to steal their Miraculouses or Oracle Gems or je ne sais quoi. Well double my yay -_-

P.P.S: having so many friendly “care bear” friends to work with in a high school environment is just begging for a boring flop. First things first: girls need to be bitchier, way bitchier. Then there must be boys, drama, dank memes, rivalries, school social events no one truly asked for, crazy parties at some poor sod’s place with some half-naked dude passed out on a Persian rug with a bottle of cheap, strawberry-flavored vodka spilling its glassy bowels all over the floor, parents that don’t understand you, shitty tests, shitty teachers, whacky clubs, the exciting daily struggles of consuming cafeteria’s mystery food that usually looks somewhat like mashed potatoes but tastes like cooked chicken meat with milk and carrots, obligatory ecchi moments that should almost always involve jealousy over the size of mammary glands and other adipose tissue congregations, angry new age multi-colored hipster Nazis of undefined gender that demand segregation and muh reparations that may or may not be actual students, a tried and true throwaway transfer student Mary Sue/Spoiled Bitch plot, a destined encounter with a wise janitor that will show you the true path in your time of need, and so on and so forth.

What? If you’re going slice of life, then you might just as well go all out and make a tartare!

• Brohoof 1

EQG would work infinitely better. GoH is just a dramatized interpretation of the events of the past 6 seasons where Hasbro gets to market MLP as edgy and militaristic to boys and bronies. GoH is just FiM toys with scowly faces and body armor.

Work better how?

With current bunch of writers, EQG would have the highest chance of retaining its current standard, establishing itself as another one of those magical girl shows.

GoH made by any combination of current writers would fail spectacularly. Done correctly, it has the highest potential to expand and explore the MLP franchise.

P.S: SU and S vs. TFOE work because their worlds are “free to let the pants down and moon you in the face” while the characters inhabiting them are unhinged yet relatable. Each one of those crazy bastards has the potential to turn an ordinary day into a shitstorm of wut.

Meanwhile at Horse School: the girls are bracing themselves for the unfathomable excitement that is the trip to a local swimming pool. It may or may not be the exact lessontastic replica of FIM but with fingers. There may or may not be villains of the week/magical Team Rocket involved who will try to steal their Miraculouses or Oracle Gems or je ne sais quoi. Well double my yay -_-

P.P.S: having so many friendly “care bear” friends to work with in a high school environment is just begging for a boring flop. First things first: girls need to be bitchier, way bitchier. Then there must be boys, drama, dank memes, rivalries, school social events no one truly asked for, crazy parties at some poor sod’s place with some half-naked dude passed out on a Persian rug with a bottle of cheap, strawberry-flavored vodka spilling its glassy bowels all over the floor, parents that don’t understand you, shitty tests, shitty teachers, whacky clubs, the exciting daily struggles of consuming cafeteria’s mystery food that usually looks somewhat like mashed potatoes but tastes like cooked chicken meat with milk and carrots, obligatory ecchi moments that should almost always involve jealousy over the size of mammary glands and other adipose tissue congregations, angry new age multi-colored hipster Nazis of undefined gender that demand segregation and muh reparations that may or may not be actual students, a tried and true throwaway transfer student Mary Sue/Spoiled Bitch plot, a destined encounter with a wise janitor that will show you the true path in your time of need, and so on and so forth.

What? If you’re going slice of life, then you might just as well go all out and make a tartare!

I think an EQG show would be just another average high school life show.