Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any International Viewers?

OmegaBeamOfficial

Since Hasbro is a company that's based in the US, and they created My Little Pony, I figured it was only natural that most of It's fanbase on here and elsewhere are Americans. But is there anypony here who watches the show and lives in another country or something like that? I think I've met a couple before, but It'd be interesting to hear. I mean, US viewers are lucky, they have the main channel for the show, The Hub (Or Discovery Family, whatever the hell It's called), they get official merchandise, and stuff like that, and the other places are left for scraps. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, It's completely normal for a company based in the US to pay less attention to other countries, but it must be great over there... Oh, wait, they have Trump and Hillary... Never mind.

Me, anyway, why are you asking. But I don't watch on tv, I watch online

Meh, just interested. I always had a thing for knowing what companies are doing with their shows outside of their original company.

Australia, and might i add it sucks how far away bronycon is DX i plan to go to 2017 in Baltimore tho

Well, good luck with that. I've never been to a convention before, wish I could, but I'd probably end up being a Fluttershy there so... Meh.

I'm a South African living in Japan, so I guess I qualify...

That's a double qualification!

@@OmegaBeamOfficial Hey there :)

Considering that this topic is less about discussing elements from the show, and more about those who view/watch the show, I have moved the topic over to Sugarcube Corner :)

Not a problem. Thanks for moving it.

I'm from the UK, which means I have terrible Netflix and it will be a year before season 6 appears on it, whereas North America is already getting season 6. Darn those tv licensing companies.

I'm in the UK as well, oh and let's not dream about getting Season 6 on Netflix yet, we don't even have season fucking five yet. The season 6 premiere aired here, but It's not aired again since... So, screw Tiny Pop I guess? (shrugs)

• Brohoof 1

Boomerang at an inconvenient time.

amen to that ;-; its either when everyone is at home or in the middle of the night, and the tv is next to my parents room ;-;

• Brohoof 2

I'm french and I watch the episode online during saturday night or friday afternoon depending on the time I have :P

Oh and here we have plushies in store, Mlp POP in some stores and last month there was some mlp toys in MacDonald's kid menu ^^

• Brohoof 1

Sweden here. Watching online. Not bothered by the lack of most merchandise, more so by the fact that almost all the conventions are far away. And that the markup on the MLP CCG cards in Swedish stores is really high!

• Brohoof 2

I'm from Greece! Unfortunately, we got FiM here waaaaaay too late. Our dubbed version here is still in Season 1, as far as I know. I managed to catch it on TV about a year ago, it was airing Sonic Rainboom as a "new episode". :P Because of that, I catch all the episodes online.

Unfortunately, not much merch around here either, at least not where I live. I guess major toy stores would have some tho.

• Brohoof 2

I'm from the UK, which means I have terrible Netflix and it will be a year before season 6 appears on it, whereas North America is already getting season 6. Darn those tv licensing companies.

I feel ya only up to season 4 on Netflix it's terrible.

• Brohoof 1

I am from germany, actually. Would be cool to live over there for cons and stuff. Eh, i guess i should be happy, that here are Galacon, Bronyfair and HWCon, also pretty awesome. But yeah, i am here in germany. Very deutsch.

• Brohoof 1

I was originally a US viewer, but as of a few weeks ago I am officially an international viewer. Representing from Germany!

Sure the show may be from a US company, but at least it gets animated in Canada, my homeland. :)

Canada! The place where all objects are made... Oh wait, that's China. My bad. Canada! The place where ayys are made!

Italian fan here, nice to meet you~!

Applejack should start selling pizza's to appeal to the Italian demographic... Mmmm... Oh, darn it you made me hungry.

I'm from Australia... Always have to watch online though since episodes come out a year after their original broadcast here and are usually on Boomerang at an inconvenient time.

They're on Boomerang in Australia? Man, that's bad luck... Whenever a show ends up on Boomerang they always screw up their airing methods...

amen to that ;-; its either when everyone is at home or in the middle of the night, and the tv is next to my parents room ;-;

That must be really awkward...

Iceland, though it would be nice supporting the show by watching it officially like in America online and streams are good.

Yeah, that WOULD be nice... A brony can dream I guess...

Denmark here. There used to be a lot of active livestream chats around S2 and S3.

Livestream chats huh? Interesting...

I usually use Youtube to view the episodes, they aren't being taken down so much now which is nice.

I consider that illegal so I don't do it myself... But, you're forgetting which company you're talking about here. Hasbro takes down fan content, I'm pretty sure it would take down episodes eventually.

I'm french and I watch the episode online during saturday night or friday afternoon depending on the time I have :P

Oh and here we have plushies in store, Mlp POP in some stores and last month there was some mlp toys in MacDonald's kid menu ^^

Wait... MLP has POP toys? And McDiabetes toys? FRANCE IS LOADED!

Sweden here. Watching online. Not bothered by the lack of most merchandise, more so by the fact that almost all the conventions are far away. And that the markup on the MLP CCG cards in Swedish stores is really high!

They're already expensive enough at normal price. If you ever try to get them... I pray for your soul...

There are millions of international viewers, I admit that there are many from the US but there are even more people from other countries. I am from the netherlands myself :)

Millions? Nah, wouldn't go that far. Probably thousands at most.

I'm from Greece! Unfortunately, we got FiM here waaaaaay too late. Our dubbed version here is still in Season 1, as far as I know. I managed to catch it on TV about a year ago, it was airing Sonic Rainboom as a "new episode". :P Because of that, I catch all the episodes online.

Unfortunately, not much merch around here either, at least not where I live. I guess major toy stores would have some tho.

Wow, and I thought the UK was bad... And in Greece you didn't get the show until 5 YEARS after It's initial release?

I feel ya only up to season 4 on Netflix it's terrible.

That makes three of us then...

I'm watching in Finland, but Have to watch it online since it's only season 3 in TV and it's dubbed in Finnish (I can't stand Finnish dubs) Don't really care about merchandise.

So, on a rate from cringe to ear bleeding how's the Finnish dub?

Un Français ici ! I watch the show online because the french version sucks, but be got some bits of merchandise around even if it's not that great, I saw a Mane-iac figure to a shop today !

I've not even seen a Mane-Iac figure at all. So that's cool...

I am from germany, actually. Would be cool to live over there for cons and stuff. Eh, i guess i should be happy, that here are Galacon, Bronyfair and HWCon, also pretty awesome. But yeah, i am here in germany. Very deutsch.

All hail Germany, the king of conventions.

I was originally a US viewer, but as of a few weeks ago I am officially an international viewer. Representing from Germany!

That's cool. Was it jarring to get used to watching from another country?

• Brohoof 3