Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Star Trek TV Series?

Corgis

Favorite Star Trek Series   

25 users have voted

1. 1. Which Star Trek TV Series did you like the most?

• Star Trek (Original)
    • Next Generation
    • Voyager
    • Deep Space 9
    • Enterprise

I just rewatched the TNG finale on TV. I forgot how much I liked that episode, and I haven't seen it in so long, I actually forgot how it ended.

I don't even think I've seen the finale myself.  Probably should get around to doing that.  ^_^

• Brohoof 2

TNG. The characters felt so much more human that the others.

Especially Data haha. Actually every character in the show was human, half human (Troi), or raised by humans (Worf). Starting in DS9 we see non human characters.

• Brohoof 1

Why was Voyager the series named after the ship? What a cooincidence that the ship had that name. What would have happened if the USS Potempkin was lost in the delta quadrant?

The script writers would not allow the USS Potempkin or any other ship named like that to get lost.

• Brohoof 1

I started with TNG, and I admit it's got some of the best episodes. But a lot of it could also be weak, and the stories didn't really tie together. The characters - with the exception of Data and maybe Worf - seemed static to me.

I moved on to TOS, and though I liked seeing where everything came from, in general it wasn't as engaging as TNG. There are, of course, gems (Trouble with Tribbles!) but not as many.

Then I watched DS9, and I loved the character growth and all the continuity that they added. The quality didn't peak quite so high as TOS or TNG, but it was more consistent, and putting the episodes together into arcs made them all work better. I wonder if people don't like it as much because they tried to watch it the way you would watch the earlier series, just pull a random episode and go. I think, for full effect, DS9 should really be watched in order.

So overall, TNG had the best episodes, but DS9 was the best as a series.

And yes, @@BronyNumber42, I agree that the books are good too. Not necessarily better than the episodes, since I get the feeling that each book tries hard to upshow the others and so lands in the "destroy the universe" hole a few too many times. But they certainly help build the world further. My favorite was "The Lives of Dax", if anyone's read it. Really expands the character in all her lives, not to mention expanding the world a lot.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

-BUMP-

My favorite is TNG, by a decent bit. The characters were well-written and somewhat likeable (particularly Data and Picard), and I felt like the series in general did the best job of the bunch. Of course I must also commend the job that John Delancie did as Q. It was stellar then, and it translated well when he voiced Discord. My main complaints are with Yar and I also have one with Wesley Crusher. Luckily they mostly relieved themselves after Season 1. Also, I found Riker's occasional episode of extreme libido to be off-putting. 

My second place goes to the Original Series. It would be in  a tie with Next Gen for the best, if there wasn't a somewhat abrupt drop in quality somewhere in the third season, that just developed itself into probably the worst finale of the series. Hey at least Enterprise's finale actually RESOLVED THE SERIES.  The finale of this one was literally filler. Like they could have at least tried to make something of it, but it HAD to be filler.

My third place actually goes to Enterprise. I feel like the series gets unjustly scrutinized and judged solely by the latter two seasons. They were pretty bad, but I have t toss it a bone. In my opinion it's first two seasons were actually better than the first two of the original series. Archer was a very interesting and endearing captain before his character became stale and hollow. What a shame that was.

My fourth place goes to Voyager, as of far (I'm watching the 4th season at current). So far I find the series mediocre and an excuse to produce another series (even if the premise sounded enticing). Ka'Zon are almost IDENTICAL to Klingons, and the only characters I don't find boring, stale,  downright idiotic (No wonder Voyager makes so many enemies...), or annoying are Tuvok and Seven of Nine. Also, a lot of their episodes

My last place goes to Deep Space Nine. I even watched what were considered what is considered to be the BEST of the series, and I would have to say it would STILL be last. I couldn't STAND all of the melodrama. Seriously, I thought that I was watching the Bold and the Beautiful and not Star Trek. They even somehow deteriorated Worf, treated O'Brien terribly, and made Alexander even more insufferable than he was most of the time in TNG. I found none of the characters to be thoroughly likable, and I thought it a shame that Avery Brooks wasted his talent on such a poorly written character. 

Haven't watched Discovery, but it sounds promising enough, however much of an excuse to produce another series the premise seems.

Edited by Duzzkilicious
My perceptions of Voyager's character roster have changed a bit.
  • Brohoof 1

I only watch the original series from the '60s. It's by far the best and the crew can't be topped by the newer 'insert stereotype here' groups. The newly updated effects in the old shows also improve the look and bring them as up to date as they'll ever need to be. 

I'll admit , i got sore spot for Voyager

But my fav still remains on Next Gen followed by Enterprise.

On 10/6/2016 at 4:45 PM, BronyNumber42licious said:

Here is our new ship, USS Gets-Blown-Up-Every-Week

The newest tech we call 'the reset button" gives u unlimted torpiedoes and shuttercrafts to blow up. It not like anyone is counting...right?  right?

Do watch alot but Next Generation the best, Captain Picard is my favorite as well Patrick Steward is my favorite actor. As for Deep Space 9 didn't catch up on some episode like with any other series was unable to catch up. What I don't get is I thought Julian Bashir and Jadzia Dax were items but Judzia end up with Wolf, how did that happen? Must of miss some episodes, like I say I did miss some episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine would have to be Voyager, solely for the premise of being stranded all the way across the galaxy. The ship becoming some sort of self-sufficient mobile town (it even had farms in the form of an airponics bay), trying to get home but also being scientists and diplomats on occasion.

Of course, I've had quite a few "oh COME ON how does a Starfleet captain/officer do/say THAT?" moments. Like when Tom Paris first tried his transwarp drive and started to supposedly "evolve", that's NOT how evolution works THIS AIN'T POKEMON.

But I'm sure that happens to anyone who's watched enough Star Trek, right?

Also the finale was sort of an ex-machina; even though I can get that Admiral Janeway came from another timeline and that her trip into the past just created the one we decided to follow.

On 10/5/2016 at 8:03 PM, Concerned Bystander said:

but then resolved it all by the end of the pilot episode.

Actually, at least one conflict wasn't resolved until some time later, the issue with Maquis members not fitting in with the rest of the crew. I know it wasn't really put in the foreground aside from a few moments, but that doesn't mean it was gone.

Not to mention the new problems; there was the other Caretaker they wanted to find, they had just acquired a new enemy race on their first day in the quadrant... I don't recall all of them off the top of my head.

Edited by Feather Spiral