Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Daring Do help save Equestria?

KillerKingBakudan

YES!

I've been wanting this for years! I've always been a huge fan of Daring Do, myself. I think she could be a valuable fighter along side the Mane 7. Kind of a hybrid between Dash's bravery and Applejack's brute force, actually. She's a good fighter like Rainbow Dash, but lacking in flight. But yet she's strong like AJ. 

Daring Do is cool and all, but she needs either to be in an action scene or to have Rainbow react to her to be interesting, without those elements she doesn't have anything I can care about. They could give her more of a character, but she still lacks a relationship with anyone but Rainbow Dash, and she doesn't have much of a relationship with Rainbow either. They'd have to do a lot of work for that to pay off, and it'd likely get mixed reactions anyway.

That being said, the writers have surprised me before, so in the case it happens I'll have an open mind.

• Brohoof 1

Daring Do is cool and all, but she needs either to be in an action scene or to have Rainbow react to her to be interesting, without those elements she doesn't have anything I can care about. They could give her more of a character, but she still lacks a relationship with anyone but Rainbow Dash, and she doesn't have much of a relationship with Rainbow either. They'd have to do a lot of work for that to pay off, and it'd likely get mixed reactions anyway.

That being said, the writers have surprised me before, so in the case it happens I'll have an open mind.

The only thing Daring Do really needs is some exposition as to why she's using an alias to write books about herself for a living. There's plenty of room to develop her character there. And Twilight's just as big a fan of Daring Do as Rainbow, so if anything, they ought to start building a relationship between those two for a change in the same episode. The next big theme for Season 7 or 8 could be about Twilight dealing with some kind of puzzle (like Season 4's keys), which Daring Do could play a critical part in solving. And that could set up an epic season finale where she has to jump in and save Twilight and Rainbow from getting slaughtered by the villain.

• Brohoof 1

They just got reformed villains to do it, so I don't see why not. It would give her something to do other than beating the same band of thugs at snagging relics in her own self-contained episodes.

I like to thing she already does that. Considering the overall threat that Ahuizotl posed in "Daring Don't" that could possibly affect the entire world, it seems like a lot of the foes she faces do pose that sort of danger. Granted, not all of them would; I certainly don't see Caballeron posing that sort of threat, but neither did Suri Polomare or Lightning Dust. :)

Okay So In My Absolute Honest opinion, I don't think Daring Do (AKA A.K Yearling) could handle the really hard magical enemies that the main six have to deal with, I mean they barely beat discord ( Then befriended him, And they narrowly escaped tirek (MY Favorite Main BAD GUY) and now with starlight glimmer, the bad guys can travel in time, I MEAN WHAT THE HECK, I KNOW THAT THEY NEEDED IDEAS, BUT IF THEY JUST MAKE IT POSIBLE TO DESTROY EQUESTRIA BY REMOVEING JUST ONE, RANDOM GROUP OF FRIENDS, THEN EQUESTRIA IS SCREWED. so although she's good at keeping more dangerous things like magical artifacts away from bad guys, I don't think she should quit her day job and just help save Equestria. 

I actually like Daring Do as a character... I like the way she looks and her personality, and being a Pony version of Indiana Jones just makes me a fan of her in general... That being said, and I actually hate to say this...  i dislike her as a character in the cast completely... So no, I honestly hope we get no more episodes with her in them unless they find a way to reverse how I feel about her as a plot device. I would not mind some episodes with her in them by herself or with some totally new characters, but each time they shoehorn her into Equestria with RD or the others I just shake my head.

Okay So In My Absolute Honest opinion, I don't think Daring Do (AKA A.K Yearling) could han dle the really hard magical enemies that the main six have to deal with, I mean they barely beat discord ( Then befriended him, And they narrowly escaped tirek (MY Favorite Main BAD GUY) and now with starlight glimmer, the bad guys can travel in time, I MEAN WHAT THE HECK, I KNOW THAT THEY NEEDED IDEAS, BUT IF THEY JUST MAKE IT POSIBLE TO DESTROY EQUESTRIA BY REMOVEING JUST ONE, RANDOM GROUP OF FRIENDS, THEN EQUESTRIA IS SCREWED. so although she's good at keeping more dangerous things like magical artifacts away from bad guys, I don't think she should quit her day job and just help save Equestria. 

I actually liked that dynamic in the Season 5 finale. Twilight's an important princess with equally important friends, but that doesn't make any other pony less valuable. Sure, the episode's made Equestria more vulnerable that way, but it also gives every pony a better reason to act. Why should anyone put heroes so high on a pedestal when they can be heroes themselves? The messages being pushed in the show don't get much more powerful than this. That's why Daring Don't is one of my favorite episodes, and just recently, To Where and Back Again.

The way I see it, it doesn't matter if Daring Do isn't all-powerful like the elements. The things she can do, however small, can still make a dramatic difference. Hell, look at what Starlight, Trixie and Discord just accomplished without magic.

• Brohoof 1

In her own books, yes. NOT in the show.
Daring do's got her own book series to do this kind of shit in (Where she's supposedly part of some super secret council that watches over Powerful artifacts in the world), we don't need her cluttering up FIM as more than a small cameo throwaway adventure every now and then.

I cannot state HOW much I do not want daring do saving equestria in more than a token way like in Daring don't or Stranger than fan fiction. Keep the two parters to the mane six and we'll keep the mane six out of the daring do books.

Daring Do and Rainbow Dash are nothing alike, so no.

Except they are actually recolors of each other :dash:

I think it's more likely that Daring Do discovers something that endangers Equestria, and the Mane6 WILL be forced to intervene, not the other way around  

Daring Do seems to spend so little time in Equestria in the first place that being around when it needed her might not always happen. Also, to suddenly have Daring Do fight with the Mane 6 would likely raise some uncomfortable questions about her line of novels later.

nah, like Indy, she just recovers relics for historical societies and just jots it down as a book to sell. shes not fussed too much about saving Equestria, but she is all about the preservation of historical landmarks, cities and artifacts.... even if they often fill up with water and sand or crumble in places. She's a Tomb Raider/explorer. Just doing her job.