Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you actually want Twilight to get an official love interest?

Tilgoreth

Flash Sentry was the worst possible example of how they could do this, but I am open for the idea. I think it would be really cute to see Twilight be in a relationship and I personally think Twilight is the one most likely to be in a relationship. I mean, Cadence gets one, so why not Twilight eventually?

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry was the worst possible example of how they could do this, but I am open for the idea. I think it would be really cute to see Twilight be in a relationship and I personally think Twilight is the one most likely to be in a relationship. I mean, Cadence gets one, so why not Twilight eventually?

Actually I liked Flash in Legend Of Evrfree. My main problem with that one was that Flash was a human. And Twilight was a pony. Also Sunset was a pony. Man Flash must really have something for pony girls. But seriously I would like to see Twilight get a real love interest. Especially since Cadence and Aging Armour has been the only time romance was treated seriously. With Spike and Rarity it's the oh they love them type of romance. And Zephyr Breeze was kind of sleazy when flirting with Rinbow Dash.

I'd rather keep away any romance plots from MLP, but if it's going to happen then I'm open to the idea, as long as they don't shy away from it and play it too safe to the point that it becomes annoying, and the "love interest" doesn't get any development because of it (Ehem, Flash and maybe Timber). In other words, there should happen what has yet to happen in EqG, a kiss that isn't randomly interrupted, and the characters actually acting like they know each other and acknowledging they are a couple. 

I'd prefer if it didn't happen because it's hard to do it properly, and chances are the writers wouldn't.

• Brohoof 2

I'd rather keep away any romance plots from MLP, but if it's going to happen then I'm open to the idea, as long as they don't shy away from it and play it too safe to the point that it becomes annoying, and the "love interest" doesn't get any development because of it (Ehem, Flash and maybe Timber). In other words, there should happen what has yet to happen in EqG, a kiss that isn't randomly interrupted, and the characters actually acting like they know each other and acknowledging they are a couple. 

I'd prefer if it didn't happen because it's hard to do it properly, and chances are the writers wouldn't.

It would be nice sense the only two romances treated SERIOSLY have been Cadence aging Armour and Cranky and Matilda.

It would be nice sense the only two romances treated SERIOSLY have been Cadence aging Armour and Cranky and Matilda.

Well, both couples were already couples by the end of the first episode that featured them, so it's different because they were planned to be together from the beginning.

• Brohoof 1

Well, both couples were already couples by the end of the first episode that featured them, so it's different because they were planned to be together from the beginning.

Yeah I see what you mean. But every other romance as always been treated as a joke. Except Zephyr Breeze who was just sleazy when he flirted Rainbow Dash.

They should just reinforce the bond between Twilight and Flash Sentry. If they've already shown it they got to fix it not do another retcon again.

That would require pony Twilight to be in the EQG series again.

As above, so below; If Timber is setup as twilight's love interest in one world, they're going to do the same in the other world to avoid confusing the little kids.

Yeah but that doesn't mean she'd like him. Sci Two didn't fall for Flash. Just like Twilight didn't fall for pony flash.

Yeah I see what you mean. But every other romance as always been treated as a joke. Except Zephyr Breeze who was just sleazy when he flirted Rainbow Dash.

That would require pony Twilight to be in the EQG series again.

Yeah but that doesn't mean she'd like him. Sci Two didn't fall for Flash. Just like Twilight didn't fall for pony flash.

No there's a Flash Sentry pony version in Equestria. 

• Brohoof 1

No there's a Flash Sentry pony version in Equestria.

I know but that doesn't mean she'd like him. Not everything in Equstria is a one to one ratio with the human world. Sci Two didn't fall for human Flash. Just like Twilight didn't fall for pony Flash.

One of my predictions for Season 7 is that one of the Mane Six will get a love interest, no specifications. While they did subtly nod to Flash Sentry in "Princess Twilight Sparkle" after the first Equestria Girls, there hasn't been any such development on that since outside of a few subtle background appearances. Then again I wouldn't be surprised considering Twilight's position of power and the amount of traveling she has to do for royal, research and friendship business that she WOULDN'T be able to find a love interest at some point, or have someone be infatuated with her to want to get the ball rolling.

It all depends whether the writers decide to pull the trigger on it. As this show has been going for seven years, and with the possibility that the seventh season might still be the last one that they need to lay the foundations for life after the show where the characters maturity reaches that level. Seeing as Twilight from the off was displayed as the most mature character in terms of intellect, it wouldn't be a shock to me if she is the Mane Six character to set it into motion. Then again who the lucky stallion would be is a complete mystery, so come on writers, surprise me.

• Brohoof 2

I know but that doesn't mean she'd like him. Not everything in Equstria is a one to one ratio with the human world. Sci Two didn't fall for human Flash. Just like Twilight didn't fall for pony Flash.

The interaction suggests otherwise. 

I bet if that happened between Rarity and Applejack the shippers would go nuts and start shipping. Except this makes Twilight x Flash actually canon.

• Brohoof 1

NEVER, STAY AWAY FROM MAI WAIFU

But seriously, I don't think it's a good idea in a show about teaching young children about friendship. I feel like MLP would lose a bit of itself too if it went that route.

• Brohoof 1

Nah, it's a show about friendship, not so much of love. The FlashLight and TwiTimber thing wasn't that appealing to me. I mean other than the first movie of Flash saving Twilight, their relationships really didn't prove anything useful. I'm even long tired of Spike's crush on Rarity as it is. If they're not gonna take it to the next level, might as well end it.

But if Twilight were actually to get a love interest, perhaps somepony else who enjoys books just as much as she does! Someone she shares alot in common with! I guess Timber seemed the closest, but that's just the EG universe. Doesn't answer our Equestria Twilight question. :3

• Brohoof 1

Anyways, on the topic of giving her one: There's no REASON to do so. I don't mind timber in the EQG universe, and I don't mind love interests in general, but there's very FEW ways to organically work in timber as a love interest (or a love interest in general) to PONY twilight.

Human twilight is a drastically different character than Pony twilight (being far less self assured, having her nerdiness MASSIVELY played up, ect.), and so they were able to link the two of them together in the human world by focusing on his intellect along with being able to work the two together due to twilight's Social insecurity making him getting her to open up seem more poignant.

however, in the pony world, Twilight's far less insecure, and it'd be all but IMPOSSIBLE to have another pony come off as being intellectually on the same level as her without them being an outright super genius since she's virtually their world's magical EINSTEIN. You'd need a pony as smart as Sunburst for that to come off properly :P

So I don't think twilight would work well with a love interest.

• Brohoof 1

There is one reason and one reason only as to why I would want Twilight to have a love interest, and that's to see how it would affect her dynamic with Spike. 

I can legitimately see Spike having several possible reactions. He could feel intimidated at the fact that he now has to make room for another prominent male presence in Twilight's life. He could play the role of the father, waiting up at night for Twilight to get home and constantly scrutinizing her love interest, fully convinced that he's not good enough for her. He could play the role of the concerned child, wondering if there's still any place for him in Twilight's life. 

I would honestly love to see any of these scenarios. 

• Brohoof 2

He could play the role of the father, waiting up at night for Twilight to get home and constantly scrutinizing her love interest, fully convinced that he's not good enough for her.

This would be amazing to watch
  • Brohoof 2

One of my predictions for Season 7 is that one of the Mane Six will get a love interest, no specifications. While they did subtly nod to Flash Sentry in "Princess Twilight Sparkle" after the first Equestria Girls, there hasn't been any such development on that since outside of a few subtle background appearances. Then again I wouldn't be surprised considering Twilight's position of power and the amount of traveling she has to do for royal, research and friendship business that she WOULDN'T be able to find a love interest at some point, or have someone be infatuated with her to want to get the ball rolling.

It all depends whether the writers decide to pull the trigger on it. As this show has been going for seven years, and with the possibility that the seventh season might still be the last one that they need to lay the foundations for life after the show where the characters maturity reaches that level. Seeing as Twilight from the off was displayed as the most mature character in terms of intellect, it wouldn't be a shock to me if she is the Mane Six character to set it into motion. Then again who the lucky stallion would be is a complete mystery, so come on writers, surprise me.

I hope they would at least develop it.

The interaction suggests otherwise. 

I bet if that happened between Rarity and Applejack the shippers would go nuts and start shipping. Except this makes Twilight x Flash actually canon.

I guess it sort of suggests that.

But seriously, I don't think it's a good idea in a show about teaching young children about friendship. I feel like MLP would lose a bit of itself too if it went that route.

Yeah I can see what you mean.

Yeah I can see what you mean.

I can see what you mean.

Nah, it's a show about friendship, not so much of love. The FlashLight and TwiTimber thing wasn't that appealing to me. I mean other than the first movie of Flash saving Twilight, their relationships really didn't prove anything useful. I'm even long tired of Spike's crush on Rarity as it is. If they're not gonna take it to the next level, might as well end it.

But if Twilight were actually to get a love interest, perhaps somepony else who enjoys books just as much as she does! Someone she shares alot in common with! I guess Timber seemed the closest, but that's just the EG universe. Doesn't answer our Equestria Twilight question. :3

She could get with Moon Dancer.

Anyways, on the topic of giving her one: There's no REASON to do so. I don't mind timber in the EQG universe, and I don't mind love interests in general, but there's very FEW ways to organically work in timber as a love interest (or a love interest in general) to PONY twilight.

Human twilight is a drastically different character than Pony twilight (being far less self assured, having her nerdiness MASSIVELY played up, ect.), and so they were able to link the two of them together in the human world by focusing on his intellect along with being able to work the two together due to twilight's Social insecurity making him getting her to open up seem more poignant.

however, in the pony world, Twilight's far less insecure, and it'd be all but IMPOSSIBLE to have another pony come off as being intellectually on the same level as her without them being an outright super genius since she's virtually their world's magical EINSTEIN. You'd need a pony as smart as Sunburst for that to come off properly :P

So I don't think twilight would work well with a love interest.

Someone like moon Dancer shares the same interests.

Honestly, not really...I think it might detract from the whole princess duties thing and her interaction with Starlight.

But if the showrunners were to do it, they'd probably make it work somehow. They've managed to surprise me (pleasantly) thus far with things like Starlight's reformation.

• Brohoof 1