Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you actually want Twilight to get an official love interest?

Tilgoreth

There is one reason and one reason only as to why I would want Twilight to have a love interest, and that's to see how it would affect her dynamic with Spike.

I can legitimately see Spike having several possible reactions. He could feel intimidated at the fact that he now has to make room for another prominent male presence in Twilight's life. He could play the role of the father, waiting up at night for Twilight to get home and constantly scrutinizing her love interest, fully convinced that he's not good enough for her. He could play the role of the concerned child, wondering if there's still any place for him in Twilight's life.

I would honestly love to see any of these scenarios.

Yeah that would be cool.m

This would be amazing to watch

Yeah that would be really cool.

After how the fandom reacted to Flash Sentry, I do not want to have to deal with it all over again.

I guess I see your point with that.

Every princess needs her own prince, and Twilight Sparkle is no exception.

She's too pretty and too respectable to not have a husband anyway.

Yeah I can see your point.

Honestly, not really...I think it might detract from the whole princess duties thing and her interaction with Starlight.

But if the showrunners were to do it, they'd probably make it work somehow. They've managIf they lop it I think it could work.ed to surprise me (pleasantly) thus far with things like Starlight's reformation.

if they develop it I think it could work.

Honestly, not really...I think it might detract from the whole princess duties thing and her interaction with Starlight.

But if the showrunners were to do it, they'd probably make it work somehow. They've managed to surprise me (pleasantly) thus far with things like Starlight's reformation.

if they develop it I think it could work.

If that pony would be Sunset or Rainbow Dash, then yes. Otherwise, no way.

In all seriousness, I don't think giving her or any of the Mane 6 a love interest fits with the tone of the show. Since friendship is the overarching theme for the show it seems unnecessary to introduce romance into that. Maybe when the show ends and a distant future epilogue is shown, then you could have love interests for them.

• Brohoof 2

In all seriousness, I don't think giving her or any of the Mane 6 a love interest fits with the tone of the show. Since friendship is the overarching theme for the show it seems unnecessary to introduce romance into that. Maybe when the show ends and a distant future epilogue is shown, then you could have love interests for them.

Yeah I see wsdjjddjjdndndndndndnxd bc dd

I see what you mean. Mlp fun

Not really, unless it's Sunset Shimmer. To be perfectly honest, I think Twilight is one of the characters for whom a romantic relationship has the least storytelling potential. I think literally any other of the mane six would be a better choice, and I just don't know what stories could be told about her starting such a relationship. Anything about pushing her out of her comfort zone or clashing interests has probably already done or could easily be done without introducing a romantic storyline for her, and aside from Sunset I rather enjoy the idea of her being a single character with no interest in a relationship. It's something I can relate to. 

• Brohoof 1

Flash Sentry was more of a tease. Besides I don't think the writers want to get in to a human boy falling in love with a pony. But would you want Twilight to get a love interest in Equstria?

yes but flash is pony...he's a guard.

• Brohoof 1

Not really, unless it's Sunset Shimmer. To be perfectly honest, I think Twilight is one of the characters for whom a romantic relationship has the least storytelling potential. I think literally any other of the mane six would be a better choice, and I just don't know what stories could be told about her starting such a relationship. Anything about pushing her out of her comfort zone or clashing interests has probably already done or could easily be done without introducing a romantic storyline for her, and aside from Sunset I rather enjoy the idea of her being a single character with no interest in a relationship. It's something I can relate to.

Yes but in EQG one and two she had a crush on Flash.

yes but flash is pony...he's a guard.

She only had a crush on human Flash.

Twilight having a love interest would be both a positive and negative. For the former, it would allow her to grow as a character by experiencing emotions she often held back, wanting to share her life with someone close to her, and enable her to break free of her comfort zone, something that she cannot continue to rely on when it comes to dealing with situations. For the latter--negative--she could end up being portrayed as losing her independence not to mention end up being someone who would prefer to stay home--an actual positive for Twilight but not to the audience.

• Brohoof 1

I was never the biggest fan of that.

I didn't like it either. But for different reasons.

I don't think she's ready for a real love interest.

Yeah I can see that actually.

Twilight having a love interest would be both a positive and negative. For the former, it would allow her to grow as a character by experiencing emotions she often held back, wanting to share her life with someone close to her, and enable her to break free of her comfort zone, something that she cannot continue to rely on when it comes to dealing with situations. For the latter--negative--she could end up being portrayed as losing her independence not to mention end up being someone who would prefer to stay home--an actual positive for Twilight but not to the audience.

Yeah but she already lost her independence She made friends.

If they do what they did with 4 EQG then i say no, i dont want those pointless Romance subplots, get those things away from me.

II Over Timber. He was funny.
  • Brohoof 1

I guess. But stallion would lose his independent Also.

That's the one drawback when it comes to love. Once you're committed to it, it's for life and nothing will change that.

• Brohoof 1

For all intensive purposes, sure.

Though it's worth noting that whoever is the love interest will be targeted by a howitzer from the fandom XD

Yeah there wouldn't be a way to please everyone.

They should just reinforce the bond between Twilight and Flash Sentry. If they've already shown it they got to fix it not do another retcon again.

Pony Twilight is most likely not going to be in the series again. Think about Pony Twilight's roles in the EQG movies.

EQG - Pony Twilight is the main character, the plot is about her getting her Element of Harmony back from the human world.

EQG: RR - Pony Twilight plays a supporting role, assisting the Rainbooms play a counter-spell and defeat the Dazzlings.

EQG: FG - Pony Twilight is only shown at a small gag at the end where she makes a cameo.

EQG: LoE - Pony Twilight is only mentioned throughout the movie.

EQG: ? - Pony Twilight probably isn't even going to be mentioned. The movie series has become independent. Still, the series revolves around Equestrian Magic. If all of the magic is removed from the human world, it would be very hard for the writers to come up with an idea. EQG was about the Element of Harmony, EQG: RR was about The Sirens (The Dazzlings), EQG: FG was about Sci-Twi turning into a power-crazed demon through magic, and EQG: LoE was about Gloriosa using those magic neck things to turn Camp Everfree into a locked-down nuclear shelter made out of brambles.

• Brohoof 1

She already has. Her name is Celestia.

twilight_and_celestia_reading___season_2

But in all seriousness. I wouldn't mind, but i think she loves books the most. Its kinda like the thing i had with games back then, you love your hobby so much that outside interest isn't that relevant to you.

Edited by Laurel
  • Brohoof 2

No way mlp is about friendships not relationships and it just makes things awkward and uncomfortable when you bring that factor in so I think that the ponies don't need love interests if they have each other P.S rainbow dash does not suit homosexual

• Brohoof 2

I really do not like official pairings, except for two I love, but being same sex relationships, they would never happen. I know it may sound selfish, but I really don't want to see any official mane six + Starlight ships, or ones with other important characters.

Luna and Celestia don't have any relationships rigjt now, so it doesn't mean Twilight has to. It's already weird enough to be attatched to an already married character with a child. (Shiny)

• Brohoof 1

Pony Twilight is most likely not going to be in the series again. Think about Pony Twilight's roles in the EQG movies.

EQG - Pony Twilight is the main character, the plot is about her getting her Element of Harmony back from the human world.

EQG: RR - Pony Twilight plays a supporting role, assisting the Rainbooms play a counter-spell and defeat the Dazzlings.

EQG: FG - Pony Twilight is only shown at a small gag at the end where she makes a cameo.

EQG: LoE - Pony Twilight is only mentioned throughout the movie.

EQG: ? - Pony Twilight probably isn't even going to be mentioned. The movie series has become independent. Still, the series revolves around Equestrian Magic. If all of the magic is removed from the human world, it would be very hard for the writers to come up with an idea. EQG was about the Element of Harmony, EQG: RR was about The Sirens (The Dazzlings), EQG: FG was about Sci-Twi turning into a power-crazed demon through magic, and EQG: LoE was about Gloriosa using those magic neck things to turn Camp Everfree into a locked-down nuclear shelter made out of brambles.

Yea EQG would probably become boring without the magic.

She already has. Her name is Celestia.

sig-4775067.twilight_and_celestia_readin

But in all seriousness. I wouldn't mind, but i think she loves books the most. Its kinda like the thing i had with games back then, you love your hobby so much that outside interest isn't that relevant to you.

Celstia and Twilighttogther feels creepy. Celstia is at least a thousand years old.

No way mlp is about friendships not relationships and it just makes things awkward and uncomfortable when you bring that factor in so I think that the ponies don't need love interests if they have each other P.S rainbow dash does not suit homosexual

Ok thank you for research lying.

I really do not like official pairings, except for two I love, but being same sex relationships, they would never happen. I know it may sound selfish, but I really don't want to see any official mane six + Starlight ships, or ones with other important characters.

Luna and Celestia don't have any relationships rigjt now, so it doesn't mean Twilight has to. It's already weird enough to be attatched to an already married character with a child. (Shiny)

Wait to you mean Flurryheart? Twilight is only her aunt.

I would love to see them together. More male characters would be interesting.

It might just be Cheerilie and Big Mac.