Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite musical instrument.

Mach33

On 2/19/2017 at 5:04 AM, Scrubbed user said:

I played the Alto sax from 5th-9th grade and I liked it. Only a year after I graduated from High School did this happen.

I was about to say Saxophone, I guess I was wrong. Ughh :eww:

I can play the piano, but it is boring. once upon a time, there were only the piano, but then sampling happened, and piano became nonexclusive. Uninteresting.

Anyways, I would say electric guitar, but I still don't know the name of the one I like the sound from!

I'll come back to this thread that faithful day when I actually know!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

My increased interest in early music over the past several years has given the recorder family a spot among my top favorites. Embarrassingly enough at first when I got into early music, I did not know that what I was hearing was recorders, because I, like many others who played it in elementary school, thought that the instrument was rather shrill and could not be this pretty. So I thought it was some kind of early music style flute I was hearing (my ignorance on non-reed instruments shows) but then when I saw the first video here, I realized "OMG, those are recorders?". The instrument is so gorgeous and incredibly underrated.

The first piece features a recorder ensemble, the latter two are vocal pieces with polyphonic instrument accompaniment that features the recorder.

I swear I've answerved this thread, but I have to say that even if I never have and don't intend to play it, I like the French Horn. I just like the way the instrument sounds, with that sort of clouded sound it has.

But I still have enough loyalty my instrument choice in high school to give Tuba the second spot. :P

I love clarinets and bass clarinets!!!  I really enjoyed playing the bass clarinet, I felt kinda epic playing it when I was little but unfortunately it wasn't actually mine just the school I played it for so I couldn't hold onto it.  I still have a clarinet with me but it isn't the same as the bass(probably less expensive too) but I don't have any proper reeds to play it since the ones that I left with it are probably 7 years old...

4 hours ago, Thuja said:

I love clarinets and bass clarinets!!!  I really enjoyed playing the bass clarinet, I felt kinda epic playing it when I was little but unfortunately it wasn't actually mine just the school I played it for so I couldn't hold onto it.  I still have a clarinet with me but it isn't the same as the bass(probably less expensive too) but I don't have any proper reeds to play it since the ones that I left with it are probably 7 years old...

Bass clarinet is amazing! If you really want to have one to casually play every once in a while, you might get lucky and get one relatively inexpensive on eBay. Or you might have local musical instrument stores that have them on consignment? I forgot about the latter (which we very much have around where I live, but they typically bring the bass clarinets out for their annual sale), and ended up scoring one on eBay years back for less than $1000. I would have never dreamed of having a bass clarinet, but that totally happened. (and the competition for that instrument was fierce. I finally won it for good with a few seconds to spare lol).

1 minute ago, Envy said:

Bass clarinet is amazing! If you really want to have one to casually play every once in a while, you might get lucky and get one relatively inexpensive on eBay. Or you might have local musical instrument stores that have them on consignment? I forgot about the latter (which we very much have around where I live, but they typically bring the bass clarinets out for their annual sale), and ended up scoring one on eBay years back for less than $1000. I would have never dreamed of having a bass clarinet, but that totally happened. (and the competition for that instrument was fierce. I finally won it for good with a few seconds to spare lol).

I can barely afford anything at the moment but it would be nice to have a bass clarinet again, I guess I can always dream.  Congrats on winning your own!!!  They're fun to play!!

I love the piano a lot. It sounds nice, and looks nice! And solo piano songs are just so soothing. I love how it can be used for both happy, upbeat songs and sadder ones.

(edited)
On 12/19/2016 at 8:22 PM, cuteycindyhoney said:

My favorite? I would have to go with The Great Big Electro-Who-Cardio-Shnoox.

I love a family activity!

blogger_image_2062413959.jpg

Let's take apart this picture

This isnt meant to be offensive I'm just questioning how this thing works

1. The conductor is behind a huge bell where no one can even see him

2. Two of the players are facing in the complete opposite direction of the conductor

3. Four people could be blowing different notes throught the same tube

4. The bottom rear guy's mouth is layer over the mouth piece

5. Their eyes are closed yet they are reading notes

6. Since four people are blowing air throught the same pipe that means air is coming out the other three entrances. Which means the guy on the top located closest to the bell of the instrument is receiving lots of air blowing out of his mouth peice that is the power of 3 people before him but not entirely because the two people before the fourth person using the big instrument are also getting air resistance. (Im sorry if that was a little confusing)

7. Can you imagine how much and how fast spit is going to fill up in that thing with four people buzzing their lips to produce the sound and pushing air into it? You'll need someone dedicated to press the waterkey at the bottom of the instrument every few minutes. Oh wait I dont see one on there so there is no way to drain the pipes of the spit unless you stop and rotate the whole thing around to force the mixed saliva to travel all the way to the end.

8. The string holding the triangle would be stretched since there is a weight attached to it

9. Those papers are standing so straight and tall how are they not flopping down

How does this work?

Why did I write this? Lol, it's a cartoon. Sorry

Edited by Muffinnz
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Thuja said:

I can barely afford anything at the moment but it would be nice to have a bass clarinet again, I guess I can always dream.  Congrats on winning your own!!!  They're fun to play!!

I do understand that. I don't have anywhere near the income I did back then. *sigh* I hope someday you'll get a bass clarinet!

I love the drums! I adore being able to make cool bests that always get your heart a pounding! Though I have not done it in a while I'm always making beats on table or other random objects! :yay:

• Brohoof 2

5 hours ago, Muffinnz said:

8. The string holding the triangle would be stretched since there is a weight attached to it

9. Those papers are standing so straight and tall how are they not flopping down

Skipping down to the end. very easy explanations...

8 Bouncing up and down from being struck

9 cardboard.

It is a serious mistake to attempt to apply logic to Doctor Seuss. I have actually never seen anyone try before.

Thanks for commenting on a four year old post though!