Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dave Polsky Not Writing for Season 7

PinkiePie97

Well I guess this means that pretty much everyone who had worked with the show from the very beginning is gone now.

With this and how all of the 6 have completed their character arcs, it looks like it is time for the show to start wrapping things up.

Well I guess this means that pretty much everyone who had worked with the show from the very beginning is gone now.

With this and how all of the 6 have completed their character arcs, it looks like it is time for the show to start wrapping things up.

Or at least to change things up a fair bit; I think some recent stuff like Rarity's fashion chain, Dash's Wonderbolt career, and Starlight Glimmer in general still have potential. The show could retain some freshness and momentum if it changes the status quo a bit more, which it should, because I don't see much sign of the show stopping.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not going to miss him. The only two episodes of him I enjoyed were "For Whom The Sweetie Belle Toils" and "Daring Don't". His other episodes are either meh or cringe.

Edited by Neon Lights

Why would we want s1 writers, they would be all out of ideas...

S6 wasn't the best, its like number 3 or 4 on my list, but most of the new writers did a good job easing themselves in. I mean, chances are the team who wrote Gauntlet of Fire will be writing the s7 finale. Which is awesome.

In fact, the only writer I really miss is Merriwether Williams

best writer evar

Edited by ryanmahaffe

I don't really care who writes the episodes, as long as the episode are good.

Of course, if the episode is Always good, who care about who write it or who dont, right? The problem is, there are writers who write more bad episodes than good episodes and you can even predict their bad habit right away. You heard about the concept of one episode and it sounds awesome, you want it to be written by Larson or NEAL DESEAU? It not like Larson didnt have bad episodes but can you trust Neal Deseau?

Who wrote it matters, especially in the current state of the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

At least Ed Valentine can continue with more CMC episodes, without Polsky around.

More yet, Dave Polsky didn't write any Pinkie Pie or Fluttershy episodes in the last three seasons or even use a lot of them in his episodes within that period.

• 3 months later...
On 1/11/2017 at 6:47 AM, AJFan89 said:

I think those fans gives us a bad rap, they probably whine about anything in the show and they're hard to please.

and these type of  fans are the reason why people are hating us bronies and the show and i think you meant rep

I actually liked Dave, and am sad to hear this. Sure, he wrote some bad episodes, but so has everyone at this point, even MA Larsen. He's aware of his reputation among fans, but he's always taken it with good humor, and I actually like his Season 1 episodes. 

On 1/11/2017 at 4:32 PM, ryanmahaffe said:

S6 wasn't the best, its like number 3 or 4 on my list, but most of the new writers did a good job easing themselves in. I mean, chances are the team who wrote Gauntlet of Fire will be writing the s7 finale. Which is awesome.

best writer evar

She really isn't a bad writer, her style just doesn't fit MLP at all. 

On 1/11/2017 at 3:32 PM, ryanmahaffe said:

best writer evar

She wrote Wonderbolts Academy so she's cool in my books