Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I NEED HELP!

ScrewLoose

Watch it online like everyone else in the same situation. Of course, it's better to support the creators of the show, but it's not like we haven't all done it.

• Brohoof 5

Maybe there are some other bronies in your area? You could arrange a ponymeet and go to the movies together :D

And if your parents ask, just tell them you're going to see a movie with a group of friends - nothing suspicious about that at all! :)

Edited by Merion
  • Brohoof 4

I need help. I REALLY want to watch the new movie. But I'm too embarrassed to tell my parents?

Why are you embarrassed? Either way just go see the film and claim you are going to see something else, problem solved. If you are at an age where you have to bring a parent... well.. you have about 9 months to find some other fans to go with or some reason to get in to see it without them knowing.

But honestly I think it is just easier all the way around to come clean about what you want to see... it prevents a lot of stress and headaches and jumping through silly hoops. Just don't make a big deal out of it and I don't see it as being that big an issue.

• Brohoof 3

Tell them it looks funny. Then after tell them it was not what you thought. Ir just tell them you kind of like the show. Or wear a fake mustache and buy a ticket.

Wear a Spike moustache.

Do it.

You'll be glorious among mere mortals.

• Brohoof 1

Well if your parents are like mine and have to come with you everywhere you go outside of home then you'll just have to watch it online like I always watch MLP episodes on YouTube because we don't have Netflix as our ADSL internet in our area is very slow compared to other areas. :)

• Brohoof 2

Hiding the fact that you like mlp is not going to solve the issue you should just be open about it I know its easier said then done, but you'll probably feel a lot better letting them know just take it slow you can tell them about it then show them because their going to find out about it eventually so you minus well just be open about it I'm sure they'll be fine with it I mean look at Disney that's a magical world full of talking animals, princesses and so much more and a lot of adults love it even though it was meant for children so I say tell them when your good and ready.

• Brohoof 2

This depends a lot on your age.  If you have a car, then just go see it. 

If you are too young for a car, but live in an area that isn't completely rural, walk to the theater or walk to the bus station and get a bus to the theater.

If you are so young and your parents such helicopter parents that you are never allowed out alone without supervision then you are likely stuck.  Maybe your grandparents would understand your interest in the movie and would be willing to take you and keep your secret. 

I am really liking the fake mustache idea up above that @@BronyNumber42 suggested.

In fact I think everyone should adopt one when we go see the film no matter what age, gender or race you are. If you already have a mustache, wear a fake one over the top of it.

If people are going to talk... I say let's make the talk memorable.

• Brohoof 1

I am really liking the fake mustache idea up above that @@BronyNumber42 suggested.

In fact I think everyone should adopt one when we go see the film no matter what age, gender or race you are. If you already have a mustache, wear a fake one over the top of it.

If people are going to talk... I say let's make the talk memorable.

Haha that is an amazing idea! Yes yes yes! XD

Hi bronies,

I need help. I REALLY want to watch the new movie. But I'm too embarrassed to tell my parents?

If anypony has any ideas, I'd be really grateful. ????

Don't be embarrassed, I was when I first told them, but now they're fine with it. You can't help it if it's a REALLY good show.

However if you are to embarrassed, then you can always just watch it on an online website.

Are you still on an age where your parents have to watch over you 24/7? If you can at least go at a mall with friends, I think you're settled. Just go with then, and you can make an excuse that "let's watch it just to have a laugh"  if they ain't bronies  :D

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tell them you are going to watch a fantasy, adventure, comedy, animation. No lies in that statement

That's kinda long though, it'll lead them to ask what the name of it is.

More importantly what would your parents think if they knew that you watched MLP? Do you think they would be actually angry, or do you not want to confess that you really have a thing for something they would think might be mislead to believe is girly? I would probably just try to be honest about it, unless it would cause some kind of unprecedented scenario that you are absolutely afraid of. I think that being honest about this fandom is one of the best things to be forward about, I mean there are a lot worse things you could be going to see or doing in general. You got something positive, and you been a fan, I would confidently strike up a conversation about your being a fan of the show.