Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who is the best Disney animated Protagonist? (poll)

Mesme Rize

Best Disney Protagonist  

21 users have voted

1. 1. the best Disney Protagonist

• Snow White (Snow White & the seven Dwarves)
    • Pinocchio (Pinocchio)
    • Dumbo (Dumbo)
    • Bambi (Bambi)
    • Cinderella (Cinderella)
    • Alice (Alice in Wonderland)
    • Peter Pan (Peter Pan)
    • Lady/Tramp (Lady & The Tramp)
    • Rose (Sleeping Beauty)
    • Pongo (101 Dalmatians)
    • Arthur (Sword in the Stone)
    • Mowgli (The Jungle Book)
    • Robin Hood (Robin Hood)
    • Bernard/Miss Bianca (The Rescuers/The Rescuers Down Under)
    • Tod/Copper (The Fox and the Hound)
    • Taran (The Black Cauldron)
    • basil of baker street (the great mouse detective)
    • Oliver (Oliver & Company)
    • Ariel (The little Mermaid)
    • Belle/Beast (Beauty and the Beast)
    • Aladdin (Aladdin)
    • Simba (The Lion King)
    • Pocahontas (Pocahontas)
    • Quasimodo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)
    • Hercules (Hercules)
    • Mulan (Mulan)
    • Tarzan (Tarzan)
    • Emperor Kuzco (The Emperors new groove)
    • Milo Thatch (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
    • Lilo/Stitch (Lilo & Stitch)
    • Jim Hawkins (Treasure Planet)
    • Kenai (Brother Bear)
    • Maggie/Mrs.Calloway/Grace (Home on the Range)
    • Chicken Little (Chicken Little)
    • Lewis (Meet the Robinsons)
    • Bolt (Bolt)
    • Tiana (The Princess and the Frog)
    • Rapunzel (Tangled)
    • Wreck-it Ralph (Wreck-it Ralph)
    • Anna (Frozen)
    • Hiro Hamada/Baymax (Big Hero 6)
    • Judy Hopps/Nick Wilde (Zootopia)
    • Moana (Moana)

As you might remember, i once opened a thread talking about the best disney animated villains. So i thought, why not ask about the heros and protagonists as well?

Same rules, you can choose for multiple characters and you can comment why you picked, or you don't. In some movies, i put in 2 or more protagonists, if i feel it was important, so take this poll with a grain of salt, it's just for fun. :)

• Brohoof 3

Guessing Pixar doesn't count? I can't go with Woody? Because he was by and large my favorite Disney character

I'll go with Kuzco, he's a huge diva, but he's so fucking hilarious

I'm also partial to Ralph, Mulan, Anna, and Hiro

4 minutes ago, Whompy Whomperson said:

Guessing Pixar doesn't count? I can't go with Woody? Because he was by and large my favorite Disney character

Sorry dude. Only movies from the Disney animated canon.

(edited)

That's a hard one. So I'll cheat and say Mulan, Lilo/Stitch, Wreck-It Ralph, Judy/Nick, and Moana.

Edited by BoredAnimeGif

For my voting choices, it'd be a shorter list to list the heroes I decided NOT to vote for! I love practically all of them!:wub::lol: LOL!

Just now, TheRockARooster said:

@Mesme Rize

Sorry, I chose quite a few but they were so special in my childhood and now.

No need to apologize. Like i said, it's just for fun and to see what kinda heroes everyone likes. ;)

(edited)

At the moment I would have to go with Judy Hopps, Lilo, and Basil as being my favorite Disney Animated protagonists.

I mean Judy is the main protagonist of my favorite Disney movie, and Lilo is the main protagonist of a nostalgic favorite film of mine, but I like them for reasons besides just that.

For Judy, her intelligence, resourcefulness, endless determination and optimism and desire to make the world a better place are already make a compelling character, however add her having to come to terms with and overcome her her own prejudices, and you got one of my favorite Disney characters. She also has some great chemistry with Nick that allows for some really entertaining moments during the course of the film, and also helps carry the more dramatic moments in it as well.

Then we have Lilo, who like many have said before is one of the few Disney children characters who acts like a real child would.  She is weird, and a bit of an outcast, and has a really touching storyline featuring her and her older sister Nani who had to become a mother figure to her after their parents died, and the two still haven't gotten used to yet.

For Basil, he is intelligent and resourceful, and has a lot of charisma, but I also like how he isn't morally perfect.  He can be a bit of an arrogant jerk, and conceited, but his heart is in the right place, and isn't really that bad of a guy when you rally get to know him.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

I wanted to check every character on the list but I kept to just Belle because, for one thing, Beauty and the Beast (animated version) is my favorite movie and so I'm biased. I also desperately wanted to go with Rapunzel for similar reasons. I went with Belle because she's a well textured character with some tricky stuff to overcome, from the seperation from her father to her isolation in the castle home of a frightening Beast. Rapunzel, who I consider a kindred spirit, faced many personal obstacles but they were mostly from within because of Mother Gothel's manipulation. Internal conflict is no less difficult to overcome, but I thought Belle edged her out by just a hair. Of course it's not all just about the challenges they faced, but the quality and personality of the character. And in this case, I really want to say it's a tie, so maybe I will. 

I really don't know how I can explain my choises, I just love the ones I chose all for different reasons, ariel and belle because they were my childhood, quasimodo because he's so unique and cool and he doesn't end up with the girl at the end of the movie but he is still happy, and he shows us that it's okay to be yourself and you shouldn't let a dissability hold you back. I love mulan because she can kick ass, and she's just so cool. rapunzel is amazing cool aswell, the only one to know what a frying pan is really used for (and I love her hair, both long and short XD) judy and nick are amazing aswell (I ship them so hard) for obvious reasons that they didn't let the expectations of others hold them back and totally blew everyone away by being awesome. I love hiro from big hero six because I love the movie so much as it deals with grief and the value of friendship and all of that jazz (although baymax is the real hero here) and moana because she's just really awesome and she has a somewhat realistic body XD 

• Brohoof 1

Oh man, idk @_@

For me its gotta be between Quasimodo and Simba (which is weird since those two movies also have my favorite Disney antagonists of all time xD

Runnerups would be Bernard/Miss Bianca, Basil, Kuzco, and Ariel ;_; 

1 hour ago, TBD said:

what happen to Nick, Elsa, Krisoff and Maui? 

Aye. Also others are missing from the canon list. 

19 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

Sorry dude. Only movies from the Disney animated canon.

So ... where are the rest? 

I'm gonna just say Winnie The Pooh, Mickey Mouse as the Sorcerers Apprentice, Mr. Toad,  and José Carioca 

so ive voted Simba, Mulan, Jim, Ralph, Judy and Moana. 

Mulan and Judy because they are the best Disney role models for younger girls, who should strive to be what they want not what everyone expects. They break molds. 

Jim is the teenager on the bad path, but finds someone to help guide him in life, even if that person made bad choices as well. Learn from mistakes and all that (plus I love this film). Ralph being similar, but finding out that you don't have to be the bad guy all the time. 

Moana and Simba because I really like them XP 

On 5/19/2017 at 5:55 AM, StormBlaze said:

so ive voted Simba, Mulan, Jim, Ralph, Judy and Moana. 

Mulan and Judy because they are the best Disney role models for younger girls, who should strive to be what they want not what everyone expects. They break molds.

I elevate Mulan above the previous princesses and many of the other previous female protagonists because just as you say she breaks molds. I feel she does so on and off screen.

Mulan wasnt a story about a princess who wants more or a grand adventure of a girl finding love or a female accompanying the male lead. Mulan was a film with a starring lead girl who sets out to war to protect her father for her own reasons. She is proactive in her journey from beginning to end without an accompanying main male character. For me she was the first recognizable Disney female to stand out as her own character by deviating from the common Disney female formula typically waiting or doing something crazy for love. While many of the previous Disney females and princesses did have their own distinctive personalities and damning the rules for their goals it still feels like its all to come to an end of "happily ever after with my man".

Mulan was more than that and for a Disney film to break conventions of what "girls want to be" it was the first that didnt feel like it made the princess just a prize to be won. .

(edited)

I voted for Rapunzel because, she's my favorite but, I'd have to say that Judy Hopps from "Zootopia" is the Best Disney Protagonist, IMO.

From the very beginning of Zootopia we're ready to root for Judy in her quest to become an officer in the Zootpia Police Department

due to her determination & passion to live her dream.

Then, even after she gets her dream job but, is given a role she isn't paticularly fond of she doesn't let that bring her down but,

instead makes the best of it.

Even after things get tough and she makes a mistake that nearly costs her a friendship she's willing to own up to it & apologize.

Long story short, these are just a few of the reason's why I consider Judy Hopps to be the Best Disney Protagonist

Edited by Sparklefan1234