Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tilgoreth

On 6/17/2017 at 7:21 AM, Yugi012 said:

I think sex is gross and should never be talked about : 3

are you asexual?:)

I think because all the straight ships are actually happening, so, you know, you're jobs done now lets ship some non-canon relationships!!

also, my little pony has a lot of gay ships because of the gender ratio.

People are kinky, I guess.:D It's just that most of the people that do this sort of thing have an interest in homosexual relationships I think.

Ehhhh I really only find lesbian ships "hot" :P ; being straight may be why I don't think the same of male/male ships :wacko: , although it doesn't mean I may not think two dudes are meant for each other; it just hasn't happened for me :wacko: .

Its not because its rebellious, but because it's cute :wacko: .

Startrix :wub: 

• Brohoof 1

There are so many reasons for people to ship characters in general so it's hard to say for everyone. I don't actively ship characters (meaning I don't watch a show and suddenly decide that two of the characters have "something going on") myself but I've had some ships I've liked in the past and about 90% of them have been gay. To me it has something to do with the importance of having some kind of representation for one's not-straight sexuality in a world where being straight is the norm.

On 22.6.2017 at 8:20 PM, Nico said:

People are kinky, I guess.:D

I find it nasty how some people consider homosexuality a kink. >_>

Because they're cute, adorable, and different. Before Legend of Korra ended, most people were getting tired of the traditional main character pairing (main girl with main guy), especially between Mako and Korra. Main character pairings with the opposite sex is too cliché and expected. When the show ended with Korrasami, it blew the fandom away. It was not only a win for the LGBT community, but also initially unexpected and cute until you realize all the subtle hints the show dropped throughout.

Also people are sometimes arbitrary when they ship characters.

tumblr_npwgzkv0mZ1uvqsy7o1_500.gif

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jaspers said:

There are so many reasons for people to ship characters in general so it's hard to say for everyone. I don't actively ship characters (meaning I don't watch a show and suddenly decide that two of the characters have "something going on") myself but I've had some ships I've liked in the past and about 90% of them have been gay. To me it has something to do with the importance of having some kind of representation for one's not-straight sexuality in a world where being straight is the norm.

I find it nasty how some people consider homosexuality a kink. >_>

I consider gay ships kinky. Being gay is as natural as being straight, just a bit less likely, please understand the context right until you actually make a statement.

Hard question, but there are plenty of reasons.

1. If someone is homo/bisexual and likes all the shipping thing, then of course the person is likely to do same-sex ships. At least that's what I saw when talking about such topics with my friends who are homo or bisexual. 

2. Some shows have largely same-sex characters (even My Little Pony can be example as most named characters are females and actual main 6 are ALL females), so obviously ships will generally be same sex. Steven Universe is also a good example, because gems are all females as far as I can tell (didn't see every episode, so feel free to correct me if I am wrong on this one).

3. Some people, regardless of their sexual orientation do find certain ships appealing (even I can be example, I am 100% straight yet I find plenty of same sex ships cute.).

That's pretty much, how I see it.

(edited)
22 hours ago, Nico said:

I consider gay ships kinky. Being gay is as natural as being straight, just a bit less likely, please understand the context right until you actually make a statement.

Y'know to be fair, the debate of sexuality is still going on whether its nature or nurture so how can we even begin to claim certainty that homosexuality is natural? Same also goes for hetero and trans as well since there are so many factors to consider when it comes to sexuality e.g. psychological, genetics, neurological, environment etc. So trying to label people as homo, hetero, trans, cis, straight etc. are all false dichotomies based on what I've read and experienced throughout my life.

I've read this pretty interesting comment from a top user in Quora, Dave Featherstone who definitely is the only one making any sense when it comes to the issue of defining sexuality as nature or nurture.

https://www.quora.com/Is-sexuality-nature-or-nurture

The answer is apparently neither according to him, but I encourage you to read his points and see where he's coming from. Wrap your head around that one. :blink:

Edited by ZethaPonderer
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Y'know to be fair, the debate of sexuality is still going on whether its nature or nurture so how can we even begin to claim certainty that homosexuality is natural? Same also goes for hetero and trans as well since there are so many factors to consider when it comes to sexuality e.g. psychological, genetics, neurological, environment etc. So trying to label people as homo, hetero, trans, cis, straight etc. are all false dichotomies based on what I've read and experienced throughout my life.

I've read this pretty interesting comment from a top user in Quora, Dave Featherstone who definitely is the only one making any sense when it comes to the issue of defining sexuality as nature or nurture.

https://www.quora.com/Is-sexuality-nature-or-nurture

The answer is apparently neither according to him, but I encourage you to read his points and see where he's coming from. Wrap your head around that one. :blink:

Well it all comes down to one's opinion. I find hetero/homo/bisexuality all very normal.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:50 AM, Nico said:

Well it all comes down to one's opinion. I find hetero/homo/bisexuality all very normal.

I see. So even at this day and age people are still senselessly fighting based on whatever their opinions are and claiming them as scientific facts. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Just like in the, BC, Dark and Middle Ages where following ideologies or just simply having an opinion on them would most likely get you killed for apostasy.

Well I cannot claim that anything in life is normal e.g. cannibalism. Heck, I do not even know if I am normal hence my skeptic view. We're all different so I don't believe in the term 'normal' if it conveys such a vague way of expression of the current situation of humanity.

What may be normal to you is abnormal for me and vice versa.

Just now, ZethaPonderer said:

I see. So even at this day and age people are still senselessly fighting based on whatever their opinions are and claiming them as scientific facts. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. Just like in the, BC, Dark and Middle Ages where following ideologies or just simply having an opinion on them would most likely get you killed for apostasy.

Well I cannot claim that anything in life is normal e.g. cannibalism. Heck, I do not even know if I am normal hence my skeptic view. We're all different so I don't believe in the term 'normal' if it conveys such a vague way of expression of the current situation of humanity.

What may be normal to you is abnormal for me and vice versa.

What even  is your point LOL. Normality as a term doesn't exist, it's all subjective, but you can use that term if that thing meets your 'normality' standards. God damn try to prove to a child rapist that what he's doing is wrong, or do the same to a killer, they have their own sense of reality and you can't blame them for that, and that's exactly what I said, it all comes down to ones OPINION, and that all the things I listed were "normal" according to my standards. What are you trying to prove I don't get it:D

I agree with those who love gay/lesbian ships because it's different from the norm and is fascinating to see. I myself am least attracted to my own sex; maybe both. So I love seeing this kind of stuff!

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Nico said:

What even  is your point LOL. Normality as a term doesn't exist, it's all subjective, but you can use that term if that thing meets your 'normality' standards. God damn try to prove to a child rapist that what he's doing is wrong, or do the same to a killer, they have their own sense of reality and you can't blame them for that, and that's exactly what I said, it all comes down to ones OPINION, and that all the things I listed were "normal" according to my standards. What are you trying to prove I don't get it:D

Easy there Nico. I get the feeling you're making quite a hasty generalization on your end, but you made your point nonetheless.

What I'm simply implying is that throughout all this subjective standards of normality shouldn't there be an objective criteria for how the normality should be judged on its own merits? Cause acting all homo or bi isn't gonna fly at all in communities that are tribalistic in nature (Pretty much the entire Middle East :lol:) and need to procreate to survive in such a harsh and unforgiving environment they inhabit.

In civilized societies its really not much better if you think about it because such people should be kept under 'control' due to the greater likelihood of transmitting STDs according to many of these sources (please prove them wrong if you wish cause I love to be ;) ):

https://www.nzaf.org.nz/getting-tested/testing-month/hiv-risk-for-gay-men/

https://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/stdfact-msm.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1619871/

Also, that last one could be disproven if you're willing to search for evidence other than its not relevant since its a 1981 report. Hence, throughout all this subjectivity in life, there must be an objective rule of measure to judge subjective things accordingly out of pure self-defense and survival.

E.g. If you're nice, people will be nice to you. If they aren't during your first time meeting then something is definitely wrong on their end of the situation. Am I overthinking too much here? Perhaps. :P 

9 minutes ago, ZethaPonderer said:

Easy there Nico. I get the feeling you're making quite a hasty generalization on your end, but you made your point nonetheless.

What I'm simply implying is that throughout all this subjective standards of normality shouldn't there be an objective criteria for how the normality should be judged on its own merits? Cause acting all homo or bi isn't gonna fly at all in communities that are tribalistic in nature (Pretty much the entire Middle East :lol:) and need to procreate to survive in such a harsh and unforgiving environment they inhabit.

In civilized societies its really not much better if you think about it because such people should be kept under 'control' due to the greater likelihood of transmitting STDs according to many of these sources (please prove them wrong if you wish cause I love to be ;) ):

https://www.nzaf.org.nz/getting-tested/testing-month/hiv-risk-for-gay-men/

https://www.cdc.gov/std/life-stages-populations/stdfact-msm.htm

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1619871/

Also, that last one could be disproven if you're willing to search for evidence other than its not relevant since its a 1981 report. Hence, throughout all this subjectivity in life, there must be an objective rule of measure to judge subjective things accordingly out of pure self-defense and survival.

E.g. If you're nice, people will be nice to you. If they aren't during your first time meeting then something is definitely wrong on their end of the situation. Am I overthinking too much here? Perhaps. :P 

I'll kind of have to disagree with that, since the term "normal" doesn't exist or is unreliable because of it's subjectivity, objectively looking at something is kind of impossible, in my opinion, so it kind of defeats the whole purpose of something. By my standards, humans live their lives based on their perception of reality and nothing else. The only way to get an "objective" opinion about something would be through carefully investigating every person's opinion on the matter, and  making the perfect solution, which I don't believe exists. I do understand where you're coming from, though.

(edited)

I can't speak for everyone, but I personally just find them hotter, cuter, and more exciting than hetero ships.

Edited by Lord Magnus
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

Because, there’s this ship called AppleDash and it’s the cutest ship to exist and everyone can’t help but agree. The haters just be hatin cause they jealous. 

E5F8737F-529D-4F79-A046-327EFED3A951.png.2dddea8b8fc7ab175cc8bafaf07b0f24.png

• Brohoof 2

The world is kinda growing up and accepting it more. But it is somewhat growing up even faster when cartoons like Steven Universe and MLP hint at it. I think it is great! ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I'll say gay ships probably are because they can be so cute. :catface:

But I have a bias here considering my sexuality... ;) (And maybe because I'll ship Angel Dust and Alastor until the end of time...)

Edited by Dustleeshus

My sexuality also probably makes me biased but I couldn’t be happier.

Why they’ve become popular is probably due to people becoming more accepting. They can be cute to some people, too.