Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Meet the Changeling in Me!

Will Guide

(edited)

Fluttershy was a bit offended by the question  "are... are you implying that... That..." She didn't finish her sentence as she teared up.

Discord scooped up Fluttershy and Hugged her "Hey. He didn't mean anything by that. It's ok."

Maple walked over "I can explain that. If you look at mom she's still go fangs. Her DNA still has Vampire bat in her. And combine that with discord's DNA and you get me." She sighed and whispered under her breath "Thanks for that."

Woody was nervous "Let's... Go practice." He picked Will up with his magic and carried him out the front door. "Not exactly cool. But I understand curiosity next time maybe run it by one of us first?"

Edited by Maple Bat
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

C. Will was stunned and hurt by what he's done. Feeling extremely guilty, he went back inside his host, even poofing away the magic mirror so no one could see his face full of shame. The Unicorn was now the "driver" again of Will's body. Well, technically Woody was carrying him out the door, so he's leading. 

"Oh my Walt!" U. Will cried to Woody, failing to hold back tears. "The Changeling in me is so sorry! He didn't mean to make Fluttershy upset." Reading the most obvious of C. Will's thoughts about Maple whispering under her breath the sarcastic phrase, "Thanks a lot!", the Unicorn relay the message. "Oh, Woody. He's fearing what Maple thinks of him now; she probably hates him again!" C. Will then "retreated" deeper into their mind like a frightened Snow White, running away in fear and confusion,  making it harder for U. Will to talk with him!

Maybe this wasn't such a good idea to have them meet the Changeling in me, after all...

No! I must remain hopeful that things will get better. Being hopeful is like my "Element of Harmony". Suddenly, he had an idea! "Woody, if we're going into the Everfree Forest to practice your magic, there is a special spot in there I think we should go first to start to make things better."

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

"Things are fine." Woody reassured "Maple, and dad can take care of her. Maple doesn't hate you since you technically aren't a changeling your more of a reformed one that looks like an older one. That's the reason why she hates changelings." He sat him down and sat next to him. "That question get asked a lot. But the way you worded it made her sad I think. I'll go fix it hold on." Woodland Orchestra walked into his parents home and sang a beautiful song full of his own personality but there was no magic in his melody he kept the song going until everyone had turned their attention onto him even the animals. After he finished he smiled shyly.

Fluttershy looked at her son and smiled "Thank you. I needed that." She hugged him.

Woody smiled big now. "He didn't mean that mom. He was just curious about Maple. Both Wills respect you and dad."

Fluttershy walked over to where Will was "I'm sorry Mr. Guide. I overreacted. I assumed the worst." She started to mess with her mane. "Umm... Do you want to come back inside?"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

After wiping his tears away, there were several things Unicorn Will had to address about this lovely scene as he told the following to all those present:

"First, The song Woody was singing was so beauiful that it reminded me of a certain Disney Princess that sang to the woodland critters after she accidentally frightened them away. Don't you remember, Fluttershy? One of the first things I did when I came back to Equestria after defeating the Disney Villains was put on a performance of Snow White. And to think, back then, long before I knew about the Changeling in me, I was already using his ability despite him being in a "coma" of sorts.

"Second, does anyone know what happened to Spike the Dragon in these past 20 years I've been gone? 'Cause Woody's song just now reminded me of when Spike stood up for Thorax at the Crystal Empire. I would love to see him again. He helped me out the most when I first came here to Equestria as a pawn to the Disney Villains' evil plot.

"And finally, I have some bad news and hopeful news. The bad news is my Changeling soul didn't experience anything just now; he's still hiding deep in my soul. But the hopeful news is that I might have a way to get him back if we head into a certain spot in the Everfree Forest."

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Woody stepped over to Will. "That's ok. He missed out but I was just hoping to fix everything and it looks I did just that. Lets go to the place in the forest that you where talking about. I'll do a private concert for the two of you so we can smooth the whole thing over."

Maple walked over "Mind if I go practice with you guys? I don't have magic but my aim could be better."

"I don't. Glad you aren't just going back to work." He happily replied "Will? Do you mind if she goes with us?"

• Brohoof 1

U. Will considered what's being said. "Too bad I can't see Spike now," he said disappointed. "Maybe later. But now we have a bigger matter to deal with my inner Changeling."

He turned to Maple Bat. "Sure, you can come. You should be with us when we succeed in getting the Changeling back."

"Now if the exact spot in the woods I have in mind for getting him back is not too much of a bother for your Singing and archery practice environments, let's go!" He said, as the two siblings followed him into the woods.

• Brohoof 1

"I'd like to know exactly where we are going." Woody said "Just out of curiosity. Because I've heard quite a lot of stories about the deeper parts of the forest."

Maple was messing with her man similarly to how fluttershy was earlier "Yea Especially of changeling kidnappings." She tensed up. "Not meaning to offend you Wills. Woody here seems to know more about you than I do and I trust his judgment."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"The spot is not far from Zecora's place." Will explained. "It's where she first found me when I first fell into Equestria in the very early morning of the day that Maleficent and the Disney Villains tried to take over Equestria. It's also where I found my Changeling dying alone before I "adopted" his soul even when I was losing my memory of what was going on at the time!"

He turned toward Maple with concern. "There were Changeling Kidnappings going on? Are the nice Changelings who are being led by Thorax keeping themselves from getting misblamed for the actions of Chrysalis' loyal Changelings?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

"No I personally over see that they don't." Maple replied firmly "I understand the reformation. But I still have trust issues with them and won't forgive any reformed changeling who has any intention to work with chrysalis. Which is why Luna gave me the Heart's Eclipse." She showed him her bow even though he knew what it was.

• Brohoof 1

"Oh, good," said a relieved Will as the 3 made their way to the spot.

There, Will decided to mediate right on the spot while the Siblings practice their skills. "Maybe I can reach deep into myself and find him again! In the meantime, can I trust you to protect me, guys?"

• Brohoof 1

"Yea No problem" Woody said opening some of his song books going through them. "Should I sing you something. Perhaps to relax?"

Maple nodded "You've done nothing Evil. So I've got your back. I trust you and this changeling a lot. Make sure he know I'm not mad at him." She said calmly "I regret saying what I did."

• Brohoof 1

Will took a human sitting pose with his rear legs in an triangle shape in front of himself and put the bottom of his front hooves together. "Yes, Woody. The more relaxing the music is, the better. I'll bet the calming music will coax him out!" Turning to Maple with a small smile, he closed his eyes with his last words being, "I will, Maple. I will." His eyes opened with the usual glow that indicates he's out of the physical world and in the mind world.

• Brohoof 1

Woody flipped through the book and found something He thought would work. "Alright this looks good. I'm not sure what kinda music the changeling likes." He began to sing a upbeat melody.

(Not my Music. Credit to the composers of the Music for touhou: Hopeless Masquerade.)

Maple stood guard waiting for something to approach the 3 of them. They where in everfree who know what could come at them.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Deep inside Will's mind, Woody's upbeat and adventurous music was heard as Will made his way to where he suspected his Changeling self would be isolating himself. First, he crossed a familiar field from His World in the middle of the day until he came upon a dream version of his real life home by the hour of Sunset. Then as he entered the building and made his way upstairs to "his room", the outside setting turned into a beautiful full moon night with the stars shining high in the sky as Woody's adventurous music seamlessly turned into a chorus singing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (This clip from the start up to 1:17 mirrors what's going on right now):

As Will opened the door to his room, there he was: Changeling Will Guide lying face down on the bed and crying his face into the pillow. Unicorn Will started quietly singing with the chorus as he quietly approached the Changeling.

~ (The chorus fades in at 00:17)...You will lose your heartache. Whatever you wish for, you'll keep.~

"Oh, no," cried the unaware Changeling to himself "They all hate me."

~Have faith in your dreams and someday~

"The unicorn"

~Your rainbow will come smiling through~

"The Parents, The Siblings"

~No matter how your heart is grieving/ if you keep on believing~

"I'll never be a good Changeling"

~The dream that you wish will come true~ U. Will finished singing as he kneel down next to the Changeling.

"There's no one who'd believe in me. No one."

U. Will smiled and gently pet the Changeling on the back. "No one, my dear? Oh, now you don't really mean that."

"Oh, but I do."

"Nonsense, Changeling. If I really hated you, I wouldn't come after you and here I am!" As C. Will got up, U. Will encouraged him to dry his tears. "You can't face the Siblings looking like that!"

"The Siblings? Oh, but I'm not--"

"Of course, you are. Just leave it to me," the unicorn encouraged as his horn glowed a deep blue with his magic.

~Just wait right here/ Please have no fear/ For I know just what to do/
With just a wave of my horn/ magic of the unicorn/ Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Boo!~

With those words, Unicorn Will Guide disappear into a ball of light and disappeared upwards towards the ceiling with a poof.

Back in the waking world, while the Siblings were watching over Will's body, his spirit appeared before them, floating over his mediating body. "I found him, guys! And I have a plan to cheer him up and it involves me bringing you two into our own version of the dream world. No time will pass and I'll put a protection spell over us, so no harm will befall my body. Will you help me?"

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

"Count me in." Maple said. "I feel like I caused this and I wanna make it up to him."

Woody smiled a used a protective melody to give Wills body a magical barrier "There you go protected. Let's Go help the Changeling"

Maple hearing this scoffed "When you put it that way... No it's ok really." She awkwardly laughed. "Again it's at least partially my fault I want to help."

• Brohoof 1

As U. Will brought the Siblings into the Wills' shared dream world of a mind, he instructed the Siblings that once they appeared before his Changeling half to wait until AFTER he would grant his Changeling side a secret wish. There'd be plenty of time for tearful reunions after that, but for now, he insisted they just watch him work his magic.

Not 5 seconds have passed for C. Will after his Unicorn Host left did he returned with the Siblings as witnesses for what's next. As the Changeling opened his mouth to speak, the unicorn shushed him with a hoof. "No need to say anything," U. Will spoke to the Changeling like a kindly old mother who found a lost child. "We've been literally soul mates since I've first arrived here in Equestria and adopted your dying soul, in spite of the temporary memory loss afterwards. Between that and Flurry Heart's Crystalling all those years ago, you've been under a "sleeping death" of sorts, and I've been unknowingly healing you. You finally made yourself known to me and a group of others on the day of Starlight's Rescue Squad against Chrysalis' revenge plot and they'd accepted you as did I. 

"I know you think you're not worthy of being a good Changeling just because you still look like the vicious, ugly, love-stealing kind, while all the other Changelings who followed Thorax's good example turned beautiful. I know what you desire and while I can't make it permanent, while we're here in the dream world of our own, I can give you a taste of it."

Magic glowed from the Unicorn's horn as he recited more magic words:
~There's no need to hide/ who you are inside/ For this wish I'll grant to you/
When you wish upon a star/ You will see just who you are/ Bibbidi, Bobbidi, Boo!~

As magic flowed from the Unicorn and surrounded the Changeling, the little black creature's body changed colors and shape. When the glow faded, there stood a beautiful butterfly-like creature looking like the Changelings that were reformed thanks to Starlight and Thorax! His head, limbs, horn on head, and ears were bright red like the fur of U. Will with a faded yellow color where the neck and thorax meet. There were white gemstone-like spots on the neck. Finally his translucent wings and tail were a beautiful light blue while his outer and inner shell on his blue thorax were a darker shade of blue that matched the deep blue eyes he shares with U. Will.

C. Will looked at himself in disbelief then started tearing up with joy toward U. Will, as the Unicorn happily signaled to the Siblings that they may embrace him now!

• Brohoof 1

Woody had been quick to embrace the changeling. Maple however didn't want to. Woody looked at C.Will with a happy look on his face "Don't worry. She's not mad she's just not a physical contact kind of person."

Maple nodded agreement. "I came into your shared mind to tell you I'm sorry. I should have been nicer to you. We had just met and Unicorn Will was so positive you where good but I put you with the rest of your kind. Well that's not true now." She shyly held out a hoof. "Do you forgive me?" She was trying not to cry, She was doing alright at it but she had a few tears slip.

• Brohoof 1

Changed-ling Will felt Woody giving off a lot of love in their embrace, as he gently soaked it up to not hurt him.

He held up a hoof no longer covered in holes in an reassuring gesture. "It's okay, Maple. I was just being a little too oversensitive. Does Discord and Fluttershy forgive me?"

• Brohoof 1

"Absolutely. Mom's oversensitive and I guess the idea of Discord making sense brought up a bit of a bad memories. Dad wasn't really mad he was only worried about Fluttershy." Maple said.

"Dad probably took mom to his house. Even though he lives with mom. His house is a experience." Woody added "You should come there with us. Fair warning though. Nothing makes sense."

• Brohoof 1

"I think we should go to his house," both Wills said! "After what we've been through, we can handle a little chaos!"

C. Will sadly turned toward U. Will and for the first time ever (as far as he knew), was able to hug and peck his host on the cheek! "I guess this means I'm going back to having Swiss Cheese hooves again."

U. Will never let go as he spoke to his "child", "Just because this was a dream doesn't mean that your current form can't happen in the Waking World. Someday, you will earn it for yourself! After all, (he starts to sing)

~A dream is a wish your heart makes/ when you're fast asleep/ In dreams, you will lose your heartaches/ whatever you wish for, you keep/

~Have faith in your dreams and someday/ Your rainbow will come smiling through/ No matter how your heart is grieving/ if you keep on believing/ the dream that you wish will come true~

C. Will smiled back as he correctly imitated the singer of the song and sang it with U. Will: Cinderella. "Oh, Thank you! Thank you so much for everything!" He quoted her thanking her Fairy Godmother for allowing her to go to the ball even if it didn't last forever and she would go back to being a servant in her own house.

"My pleasure! Once we're back in the Waking World, let's go to Discord's place!" He said as he teleported everyone out!

• Brohoof 1

After the 2 siblings had been teleported out. Woody started up a melody with darker feel to it. After a few seconds of it (Until the guitar come in.) A small portal appeared he grabbed it with his paws and opened it fully. 

Spoiler

(Not my creation once again. Composer: ZUN)

(Yes, Most of woody's songs are related to touhou music)

Maple smiled. "I see you're getting better at that. Normally takes you a lot longer."

Woody responed sarcastically. "Well I mean it's not like I practice my magic or anything. Anyways lets go." He stepped into the portal heading to the world of nothing but Chaos and Madness Fun

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

The Choatic world of Discord was so nonsensical and strange that it can even rival the Rabbit Hole leading to Wonderland from the realms of Disney! "This place is insane and the Changeling and I mean that in the nicest way possible" Will said as he closely followed the Siblings to Discord's place. He's gotten used to moving in gravity-free places like this thanks to flying practice with his Pixie Dust!

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

Any sort of weird side effects from the realm it's self where typically minor and didn't last long so the siblings weren't worried about that now. The two after getting to the house that floated in a somewhat centralized location. When the group got there. Discords house was in the usual shape it was in. Furniture either on the floor or ceiling, no gravity like the rest of the realm and other sorts of nonsense. Woody turned to face the Will "I'll go ask them if they're feeling better from earlier and if it's ok you can come inside."

Maple wondered why C. Will hadn't changed yet. "Why are you still the scary changeling? No offence. From what I understand all you need to do is give love back to somepony and it changes your form." She was sorta just trying to have a conversation but also asking him seriously.

• Brohoof 1

C. Will came out. "That's exactly what Chrysalis said to me after refusing to reformed after Starlight's rescue squad defeated her. She tried to shame me by pointing out that I'm the only other Changeling that didn't turn beautiful; she used the moment all the freed ponies and reformed Changelings looked at me out of pity to buy herself time to escape. 

"Although, I felt sad, Shining Armor, Thorax, and Spike all comforted me, despite that just a minute ago, I came out as a "ugly" Changeling hiding in the body of an Unicorn. I then realized that what was important was the safety of my friend and your parents over how I looked.

"As for why I'm stuck like this? I have a theory that because I technically "died" right before my Unicorn host found me, I guess the rules of evolving into a beautiful form is different for me.

Besides, didn't you hear what the Unicorn told me before we returned to the Waking World?" He summoned the Magic Mirror with U. Will inside. 

"I said to him that someday, he would earn it for himself!" The Unicorn reminded the bat pony."Before Thorax became King on that day, his wings were the first ones to change by turning shiny!" "My own wings are not even there yet." "But someday, we'll find a way to make that dream come true."

• Brohoof 1

Maple laughed awkwardly loudly "Sorry your dream is a wonderful one. That's not what I find funny. I find it funny that we're very alike. I know it wasn't your choice but what I'm gonna tell you, you weren't here for. Back before I was a guard pony I really had made a name for myself..." She paused "As the freak of nature. I was awake during the day so I scared normal ponys and other bats told me I wasn't a real bat pony... After a while of my nickname I ran away I didn't want Fluttershy or Discord to be blamed for anything I might have done if I got to angry. I lived in the Castle of the two sisters for a long time, Probably a year or so. One night Luna visited me in my dreams and offered me my guard position because of my skill in archery and leadership skills I had but didn't even realize I had. My point is even if no one accepts you the only one you need to accept is yourself. We aren't that different in that regard." 

At that point Woody was standing outside. "Well said sis, Couldn't have explained it better myself." He was humming something

Maple looked at him "But weren't you..." She looked inside and saw Woody in there too. "Oh that old trick. Making more of yourself."

"Yep. I didn't want to miss the conversation between you two so I doubled myself to be in two places at once."

• Brohoof 1