• Pass me the Raid - Hated it!
    • < Spike's face of disapproval > - Disliked it
    • My feels have all been drained - Meh
    • Feelings Forum fixed my soup! - Liked it
    • OMG there are two Deer Bug Pones? SQUEEE - Loved it

Title: To Change a Changeling
Air Date: September 2, 2017
Written By: TBA
Synopsis: Starlight Glimmer and Trixie try to get Thorax's brother Pharynx to accept the new way by sharing love and transforming so he doesn't undermine Thorax's leadership, and that the hive will ultimately accept him.

Great and Powerful Promo

Episode Deleted Scenes!

1uu10w.jpg

1uu1a5.jpg

1uu1j7.jpg

1uu20b.jpg

1utof8.jpg

1utojh.jpg

1uu29u.jpg

1uu2cc.jpg

1uu2oi.jpg

Hype from the Great and Powerful community

On 8/27/2017 at 2:49 PM, MegaSean45 said:

I wanna see Starlight and Trixie get summoned by the map!

On 8/27/2017 at 2:53 PM, King Clark said:

It looks very interesting and any opportunity to see Trixie and Starlight together is a treat for me. Also, I love the look of the new changeling hive. :D 

However, I do have one question. How can that changeling be Thorax's brother? Aren't all changelings just hatched from Queen Chrysalis's eggs? It doesn't seem like changelings have parents.

On 8/27/2017 at 2:58 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

@King Clark

So, is this the opposite of Thorax's introduction episode 

instead of the Changeling wanting to be reformed they try to reform the Changeling themselves?

On 8/27/2017 at 3:11 PM, cmarston1 said:

Well this episode still looks pretty interesting.

On 8/27/2017 at 3:26 PM, KH7672 said:

Two observations:

Changeling rock transformations are back....yay?:huh:

And it seems like Pharynx is trying to either ruin the "beauty" of Thorax's new kingdom or he is trying to bring the old hive back to it's "former glory"

Either way he seems strangely alone for a supposed group of rogue changelings mentioned in "Triple Threat"

Did Thorax actually manage to assert himself on all but one?:wau:

On 8/27/2017 at 3:46 PM, Brainstorm said:

Looks cool and interesting, I wonder if Starlight and Trixie are wanna get advice or assistance from Spike, since Spike has help Thorax.

I'm only guessing.

On 8/27/2017 at 3:48 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Anyway, I wonder why Spike isn't with them in the episode?

• Brohoof 11

• This topic was pinned and featured

All right mares & gentle colts, does & bucks, it's time to hype up next weeks episode! Feel free to speculate, discuss, and all of that good stuff! <3

• Brohoof 3

source.gif

Some things are fairly easy to guess, such as the general resolution -- Pharnyx goes love bug. Three elements of this that intrigue me are

Will this be a map episode or will they be sent by Spike? 

Will the show address the absence of Spike? If it is a map episode that could be as simple as what has happened with Twilight in Season Five. Spike expresses disappointment. 

Do some of the Changelings actually miss their old leader?

Will some see this a resistance to progress message? #politics

Will it be Trixie's general bluntness that helps Thorax? Will her desire to be noticed as great be something that helps to build a relationship with his brother?

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Some things are fairly easy to guess, such as the general resolution -- Pharnyx goes love bug.

Not necessarily. It would be a decent setup for future episodes if Pharnyx stays a bad bug and gets a bunch of the rebel shiny bugs to switch to his side; i would think they would then go looking for Chrysalis if I didn't have this suspicion she is currently someplace really uncomfortable in Discord's realm regretting her life choices (or at least one of them).. although I guess they could still be looking for her not knowing that.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Not necessarily. It would be a decent setup for future episodes if Pharnyx stays a bad bug and gets a bunch of the rebel shiny bugs to switch to his side; i would think they would then go looking for Chrysalis if I didn't have this suspicion she is currently someplace really uncomfortable in Discord's realm regretting her life choices (or at least one of them).. although I guess they could still be looking for her not knowing that.

Pharnyx is likely a done deal thanks to the Hasbro presser. Its language was pretty direct. That said, having a few of the rebels bail, irrespective of Pharnyx and his change of heart, would set the stage for a Changeling conflict later.

• Brohoof 1

Ah yes, I see Thorax is going to be having that age old "My brother wants to remain a love-sucking, vampiric creature hellbent on enslaving all of Equestria and stripping its denizens of all of their love and free will" family problem.  I remember having that issue once with someone in my family back in the day like it was just yesterday...

Ahhhhhhhhh, memories, good times, good times. :orly:

Anyways, hopefully this proves to be a splendid episode, and Starlight and Trixie are an endearing and entertaining pair as always! :muffins:  Also, YAY FOR MORE KING DEER BUG PONY!!! :yay:

• Brohoof 4

10 minutes ago, Batbrony said:

Ah yes, I see Thorax is going to be having that age old "My brother wants to remain a love-sucking, vampiric creature hellbent on enslaving all of Equestria and stripping its denizens of all of their love and free will"

I'm glad my sister never went into politics, or I would have that same problem. 

Also, I'm going to looking for a fun Lion King reference. If Pharnyx says, "Long live the king" ... ded.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hahaha! Ok, that deleted scene thing you made was actually funny! XD

Woot. Glad to see the forum's biggest Spike fan liked it.

I'm honestly hoping that he plays some sort of role in why Trixie and Starlight head to the hive (that place needs a proper name). 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Jeric said:

source.gif

Some things are fairly easy to guess, such as the general resolution -- Pharnyx goes love bug. Three elements of this that intrigue me are

Will the show address the absence of Spike? If it is a map episode that could be as simple as what has happened with Twilight in Season Five. Spike expresses disappointment. 

Do some of the Changelings actually miss their old leader?

Will it be Trixie's general bluntness that helps Thorax? Will her desire to be noticed as great be something that helps to build a relationship with his brother?

Those are some good questions.  I'm wondering if maybe Spike might not be busy elsewhere, but if it's a map mission and he isn't called for some reason then that would explain it.

And I guarantee that there will be a significant portion of the fandom who will associate this episode with current politics.....

I'm excited to see how Trixie responds to being summoned by the map (if it is a map episode):  She's either going to totally freak out about her flank sparkling & glowing, or totally geek out about the map finding her worthy of helping with a friendship problem.  Either way, it'll be fun to watch.  I'm also hoping that she shows some more character development this episode as well. :)

• Brohoof 1

@Jeric

Your "Deleted Scene" made me laugh, good one!

Do you think Thorax/The Map will call Trixie & Starlight Glimmer?

Or do you think Thorax/The Map will call Spike but, he will be called away so one of the girls will have to take his place?

• Brohoof 1

56 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Woot. Glad to see the forum's biggest Spike fan liked it.

I'm honestly hoping that he plays some sort of role in why Trixie and Starlight head to the hive (that place needs a proper name). 

I'm not worried about that! Spike had his moment with Thorax this season! ;) We all know who Thorax likes best!

However, there are certain particular moments this season that require Spike's attention that are more important than this episode! Only two I can think of! Everything else this season I can compromise for him! :)

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

I hope that neither of them were the case, i just want a normal visit and shits happen, that's all. The whole map calling outside the mane 6 is getting out of hand now, if they keeping  calling anypony to do friendship mission, it will make the mane 6 look more and more irrelevant.

8 hours ago, Jeric said:

That is one of my problems of S5. Twilight feels disappointed whenever the map chose someone else, and when she got a call, that ep was mediocre at best. 

9 hours ago, Jeric said:

I hope this ep doesnt have any confused message, like encouraging COMFORMITY?

A lot of people expected some Trixie's awesomeness because she is still a wildcard, looking forward to more Trixie's shenanigans :fiery: *sign* I really worry about Starlight right now, she could be outshined by Trixie, as the show pointed out, she's a mini-Twilight now, she needs to do something that Twilight and Spike CANT do if they replace her. My enjoyment of this ep based on how good Starlight's performances are.   

I dont know why i have so many uneasy feelings about upcoming episodes recently... It could be the good things, always expect the worst and nothing can make you more disappointed... What wrong with me...:blink:

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Firedog said:

Meh, I haven't cared for any of the changling episodes thus far.

Im guessing im not gonna like this one

tumblr_ofhjt1KOkd1uzae1ko1_500.gif

magic+8+ball.gif

:smug:

• Brohoof 1

On 8/27/2017 at 2:41 PM, Jeric said:

1uu2cc.jpg

1uu2oi.jpg

Third wheel? Ouch. Peanut butter cracker snarfage is the least of her worries:

Great and Powerful ponies should know better than to mess in the affairs of small purple dragons for they can send all your most personal correspondence to your beloved leaders where much mirth shall be shared. :sunshower:

• Brohoof 3

Okay, the "deleted scenes" intro made me laugh. Well done. 

I'm a bit surprised Spike isn't in this. It feels like a missed opportunity. I had hoped for a Spike and Starlight episode, as those two seem to work well together, and a Twilight and Trixie team-up could have been hilarious.

I'm looking forward to it though, especially the moral of the episode.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 3

Ahhhhhhhhhh, very interesting, the Cutie Mark Map did NOT send them!  That's actually a nice change of pace, recognition from the show writers that it'd be a bit too forced and formulaic if the map was directing them to EVERY friendship problem these days.  Also, Trixie is hilarious as ever, I like very much. ^_^

• Brohoof 4

Just now, PoisonClaw said:

For a Changeling, Pharynx is pretty colorful.

If you can tell them apart ... it means you are part changeling. 

Trixie is doing teacup on all spells? That is hilarious

• Brohoof 2