Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Royal Problem  

204 users have voted

1. 1. Like It or Not?

• Starlight: *spits in barf bag* "Did Tirek bake this cake?!" Celestia: "No. Tiberius." Luna: *facehoof* ("I hate it!" >__<)
    • Starlight: "The princess are A Royal Pain." ("I dislike it.")
    • Luna: "Eh. 'Tis not bad. But I've had better moonshine." ("…meh.")
    • Celestia: "It's cause for a celebration! *Starlight, Luna, Tiberius, Philomena join* ("I like it!")
    • Luna: "This is FABULOUS!" Celestia: *whispers to Starlight* "She and Rarity have girls' night out every Friday." ("I LOVE IT" <3)

(edited)

NOTE: I've seen a lot of posts from users on both sides with a vengeful attitude towards either fans or detractors both on this site (at least two of which I reported) and off. Wishing ill will at people or a group of people, calling someone or a group of fans "butthurt" (an ad hominem with homophobic and misogynistic implications), bashing fans, and verbal abuse to fan factions are vile and not welcome in this thread. For the sake of keeping discussion cool and civil, save this immaturity in your trash box and don't post it.

On another note, even though this episode won't air in the U.S. until June 10, Treehouse TV in Canada will air it this Saturday sometime between 11 and 11:30am. Be prepared for spoilers!

Title: A Royal Problem

Air Date (Canada/Treehouse TV): May 20, 2017
Air Date (U.S./Discovery Family): June 10, 2017

Writer: Joanna Lewis & Kristine Songco (a.k.a., The Sister Writers)

Summary: "Starlight Glimmer is sent to solve a friendship problem between Princess Celestia and Princess Luna; when it's clear that the problem is that the royal sisters don't appreciate one another, Starlight impulsively switches their cutie marks!"

This episode will continue the trend from Treehouse TV starting last Sunday with Fluttershy Leans In: Two episodes will air per week, one on Saturday, one on Sunday (and could air the finale early in the summer), while Discovery Family will air one per week. More than likely due to the Movie coming out in October.

The airing timing isn't consistent, so if you plan to watch the episode via the stream, arrive early. When someone uploads the episodes on YT and DailyMotion, I'll link them to you here.

A poll will be published after it airs.

Canadian Airing Streams (links courtesy of EQD):
Otaku Brawler
Brony Network
Lemonwalnut

DailyMotion:

YT (some audio issues):

Edited by Dark Qiviut
added video links
  • Brohoof 6

When an episode thread requires a disclaimer that takes up more text space than the information presented about airdates and streaming. 

Starlight_Glimmer_more_annoyed_S6E1.png

I remember doing this for GoF and it turned out well, so I will do this here. 

1pb7wm.gif

• Brohoof 11

I hope that this episode will be good. pairing Starlight with the royal sisters can be a make or break episode for alot of people.

• Brohoof 4

I just hope that no matter how this episode goes, even if it's the worst episode in the series, please guys stay civilized. We all want to be friends and give nice hugs.

Twilight_and_her_pony_friends_group_hug_EG2.png

• Brohoof 15

10 minutes ago, Trixie . said:

Can't wait to see this. I have a feeling this episode will be one of my favorites.

I'm hoping, and expecting it will be perfectly fine. I like all characters featured in the episode. 

7cc.jpg

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I remember doing this for GoF and it turned out well, so I will do this here. 

1pb7wm.gif

Pretty much this, the episode has a lot of potential to be good, as well as a lot going against it. This is either be something that Starlight and the royal sisters really need, or literally the last thing needed(which is worse both considering the lack of screentime for Celestia for the longest time and considering how difficult it has been for Starlight to get on some people's good side)

36 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

I hope that this episode will be good. pairing Starlight with the royal sisters can be a make or break episode for alot of people.

pshh, this could make or break the entire season for a lot of people, no matter how good the rest of it is :P

• Brohoof 2

Why is everyone saying that this is going to be a bad episode? To be a good show, you got to take chances every once of a while or do you want to go back to those episodes where we practically know what will happen without having to watch it. Besides it's always fresh to see Starlight appear in an episode rather than see Twilight or the whole Mane 6 having to do stuff together again, that gets old and repetitive.

• Brohoof 7

6 minutes ago, AJFan89 said:

Why is everyone saying that this is going to be a bad episode? To be a good show, you got to take chances every once of a while or do you want to go back to those episodes where we practically know what will happen without having to watch it. Besides it's always fresh to see Starlight appear in an episode rather than see Twilight or the whole Mane 6 having to do stuff together again, that gets old and repetitive.

Starlight, she's the whole reason :dry: . Seriously, give that mare a break, don't ruin the so requested Celly episode just because Starlight will be there yo :dash: 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Starlight, she's the whole reason :dry: . Seriously, give that mare a break, don't ruin the so requested Celly episode just because Starlight will be there yo :dash: 

I don't even want a Celestia episode, I don't know why people keep requesting for one, I rather see Cadance and Shining Armor instead.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

You know, I've been challenging myself to narrow down who in a given episode is focused on to 1-2 character slots (No more than 2 slots, and Group names like "Mane 6" or "CMC" can fill one slot) and posting it in a blog. 

Examples from each season:

S1: Cutie Mark Chronicles: Mane 6 and CMC:The CMC learn how the Mane 6 got their Cutie Marks as fillies!

S2: Family Appreciation Day: Apple Bloom and Granny Smith: It's essentially about Apple Bloom feeling embarrassed by her Granny Smith!

S3: Just for Sidekicks: Spike- Just Spike, because even though the CMC followed Spike to the Crystal Empire near the 3rd act, the episode is still more about him than anyone else!

S4: Testing Testing 1,2,3: Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle: While the episode's about Rainbow Dash studying for a Wonderbolts test, the lesson was learned by Twilight, who discovers that there's more than one way to study!

S5: The One Where Pinkie Pie Knows: Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle: While Pinkie is the one we follow trying to keep the surprise, Twilight is also the focus, since she would learn she's going to be an aunt!

S6: Buckball SeasonLibman-voiced and Ball-voiced: This one was hard since it focused on 4 of the Mane 6. But then I realized that the half that was playing Buckball for fun (Shy and Pie) was voiced by Andrea Libman while the other half that ended up sucking out the fun(Dash and Jack) was voiced by Ashleigh Ball! I thought it was a clever way to include all 4 characters in the spotlight slots!

Following these examples, I can already say my two character slots for this episode will be "Starlight Glimmer" and "Royal Sisters" That way, I include all 3 characters in the spotlight without breaking my "No More than two character slots" rule!;)

What do you think of that?

Edited by WiiGuy2014
  • Brohoof 1

52 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

+1
We finally got a Celestia episode that we've been asking for for forever, and instead of being about HER, its going to be revolving around a starlight issue it looks like.

I just want a celly and luna ALONE episode. 100% focus on their relationship, no other characters mucking it up.

• Brohoof 1

I honestly don't think this episode will revolve around Starlight as much as some people think. I can see her switching the sister's cutiemarks for a 24 hour period, while she does off and does something else. Then it will give Luna and Celestia the spotlight for most of the episode. 

• Brohoof 2

This is, by far, my least hyped episode of the entire series now. Simply put, Starlight I personally feel is completely being wedged in here. I don't like the premise, I don't like Starlight using her cutie mark swapping nonsense again and this all will most likely ruin what was one of my most wanted episodes ever: An episode for the Royal Sisters. Now it is instead the Royal Sisters with Starlight being the powder for the keg. Ugh. This isn't because I hate Starlight (though this episode might make me do that all over again), I just don't think she has any place in this episode. At all. 

Episode 3 did pleasantly surprise me despite my doubt so there is always some hope, but this one, I don't know. I don't have a whole lot of hope for it whatsoever. I try to be as optimistic as I can be for these episodes, this is one of those times where I can't be. 

There's my view on it. 

• Brohoof 2

Oooooh...Now THIS will be interesting! Starlight Glimmer's first friendship problem task is gonna be a big one. I guess now's the time to say Starlight's now part of the mane cast.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Episode synopsis has me like

Image result for anxious starlight glimmer

On one hand, I am excited that we are finally getting a royal sisters episode, which is something that they, and especially Celestia have needed for the past few seasons not treating her very well.

But on the other hand, there's the whole Starlight impulsively switching their cutie marks which could take a promising episode that would finally give Celestia and Luna their due, and instead turn into yet another episode where Starlight uses powerful magic on ponies without their consent, stripping them of their free will, and not facing any consequences for her actions.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 5

7 hours ago, Valeska said:

I honestly don't think this episode will revolve around Starlight as much as some people think. I can see her switching the sister's cutiemarks for a 24 hour period, while she does off and does something else. Then it will give Luna and Celestia the spotlight for most of the episode. 

That is a distinct possibility.

Most people I converse with don't understand the difference between a main character of a story, the influencing character of a story, and the protagonist of a story. You see this a lot when people try and make a determination on who an episode is about (take for instance Parental Glideance). 

The show has given us plenty of variation in focus, and I honestly don't think people realize that. 

• Brohoof 3

10th Episodes are cursed. I hope someone will break this cycle;)

This ep is already controversial even before it is aired. The forum is a little boring recently, hope this ep will shake thing up again.

Bonus: The Drama keeps fandom awake.

20 minutes ago, Lambdadelta said:

10th Episodes are cursed. I hope someone will break this cycle;)

This ep is already controversial even before it is aired. The forum is a little boring recently, hope this ep will shake thing up again.

Bonus: The Drama keeps fandom awake.

Hmm...Let me list the 10th episodes of each season:

S1: Swarm of the Century 

S2: Secret of my Excess 

S3: Spike at Your Service 

S4: Rainbow Falls

S5: Princess Spike

S6: Applejack's Day Off

S7: A Royal Problem 

Eyeeeeeah....hard to argue with you about that. Most of the episodes are full of things to get upset about.

Although, I do have a thing for Secret of my Excess. Spikezilla's awesome-looking! :wub:

• Brohoof 2