Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preview for Fame and Misfortune.

CastletonSnob

First thoughts: Starlight in an episode that's not about her? YAY! Looks as though someone got the idea to publish the girls friendship journal, didn't see that coming. Also looks like Glimmy will probably be there in an exposition role. "Hey, Starlight, did I ever tell you about Tirek and our friendship journal?"

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

I dont expect Starlight will be in this episode, oh well, i hope they dont bring up her past or sth (they will, right?:lie:). 

I mean this is an episode effecting all of Ponyville, which she is a part of. I was actually only expecting a "Fluttershy Leans In" kind of cameo where she buys the book in the crowd. As for her past, I'd say it will only be brought up if they wrote about it otherwise there's no reason to.

Just now, KH7672 said:

I mean this is an episode effecting all of Ponyville, which she is a part of. I was actually only expecting a "Fluttershy Leans In" kind of cameo where she buys the book in the crowd. As for her past, I'd say it will only be brought up if they wrote about it otherwise there's no reason to.

It looked like she was the one casting the spell on the book at the end of the teaser, so it looks like she st least has some role in the story.

3 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

It looked like she was the one casting the spell on the book at the end of the teaser, so it looks like she st least has some role in the story.

It looks like a duplication spell, I guess Twilight's too lazy to re-write the journal over again that she just has Starlight duplicate it and gives the copies out. At least they're all there as seeming to approve what she's doing, so it won't be one of those episodes for her.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

It looks like a duplication spell, I guess Twilight's too lazy to re-write the journal over again that she just has Starlight duplicate it and gives the copies out. At least they're all there as seeming to approve what she's doing, so it won't be one of those episodes for her.

Poor Starlight, demoted to printing press.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, KH7672 said:

At least Starlight is not invisible like S6 :D, just a few lines and a few screentime, i am Ok with it ;3

More starlight? Bleh. my enthusiasm is gone. I get a feeling this will end up as a "Mane six fight due to getting caught up in the crowd's feelings, starlight comes in and gets them all to stop fighting" kind of plot ala how the group were all fighting in EQG 1 and needed twilight to come in and make peace.

glimmering.png

1 hour ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

More starlight? Bleh. my enthusiasm is gone. I get a feeling this will end up as a "Mane six fight due to getting caught up in the crowd's feelings, starlight comes in and gets them all to stop fighting" kind of plot ala how the group were all fighting in EQG 1 and needed twilight to come in and make peace.

glimmering.png

Everyone is saying that the mane 6 are arguing over who wrote the best lessons, it never says that, I am pretty sure the whole point is that it's the townsfolk arguing, not the mane6

10 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

I got the feeling this episode is gonna re-introduce the Pony of Shadows to get ready for him in the finale!

I sure hope so. A little forshadowing is always fun.

7 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Everyone is saying that the mane 6 are arguing over who wrote the best lessons, it never says that, I am pretty sure the whole point is that it's the townsfolk arguing, not the mane6

I'm really hoping it's this

9 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

and not this.

Judging from the synopsis I can see it being the former, but unfortunately I can see it going either way

Edited by Whompy Whomperson

6 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

At least this time, everyone was aware of Starlight using magic in such a manner.

Well, she does do that more often than she is given credit for. For example, that shot almost feels identical to the scene last season when Twilight and Starlight rebooted the Map.