Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Preview for Fame and Misfortune.

CastletonSnob

47 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Well, she does do that more often than she is given credit for. For example, that shot almost feels identical to the scene last season when Twilight and Starlight rebooted the Map. 

I wish she were given proper credit but then her actions have been known to rub people the wrong way.

On 8/7/2017 at 1:06 AM, Ganondorf8 said:

I wish she were given proper credit but then her actions have been known to rub people the wrong way.

The existence of Every Little Thing She Does and her actions there will always be a black mark on her character.

If that episode didn't exist (which I wish it didn't), I think people would be a little less harsh on her for her use of magic.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I hope we get a joke about Twilight asking Starlight to replace their cutie marks with equal signs, leading to the glim glam to say "What?"

Why would that help the situation in anyway.

6 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

The existence of Every Little Thing She Does and her actions there will always be a black mark on her character.

If that episode didn't exist (which I wish it didn't), I think people would be a little less harsh on her for her use of magic.

You could say that the writers created an unintended Pandora's Box when that particular episode was conjured up.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, cmarston1 said:

While I don't want to turn this thread into an ELTSD defense discussion, I will say that episode was a necessity for her character. I know people tire of her reliance on magic but that's her point in the show: for writers to expand on magical concepts that would be either too advanced for Rarity or too OOC for Twilight. It's the same thing how all Fluttershy's episodes dealt with her shyness for the longest time until Keep Calm. Starlight has improved with each new episode in terms of her reliance on magic and ELTSD is no exception.

It started with No Second Prances-She used magic to make friends easier(cake, Big Mac) but no one ever called her out on it showing early on she has a problem

ELTSD-She comes to the realization of selfish desires to only fill her wants with magic (a want to not fail Twi's lessons which she excels at in the magic part so how would this lesson be any different) finally realizing the human aspect of these lessons; they are not for her to complete but to get something out of with the help of someone else who is not just there to help HER succeed.

All Bottled Up-No that she understands the human aspect of magic on others she wants to avoid messing up again with them and instead uses magic on herself to protect of the feelings of another starting to become less selfish with her magic.

A Royal Problem-After learning previously to not use magic selfishly for her own benefit, she addresses the situation and determines the spell to benefit the other party best. However, she still needs to learn that while it was for unselfish reasons she should not be too hasty (Although that ending line by Celestia may have hurt this).

Finally we're brought to this scene-She is in a room clearly casting a spell for the Mane 6, not on them, and doing so with their acknowledgment, as no one seems to be worried or confused at what's going on. Just a guess though so I could be wrong.

In the end all I'm saying is each of the episodes have had a purpose for her character and each has been a different take on her magical ability passing on an every expounding lesson. Feel free to dislike the episode but she needed it in some form or another.

Sorry, to deviate from the thread. If you would like to discuss more just quote this in the original episode thread and I'll be happy to continue.

• Brohoof 2

This thread is starting turn into a Starlight thread, even this episode is not even about her, like EQD comments section :fiery:. Starlight is a magical key word to start an argument. 

27 minutes ago, SaburoDaimando said:

Hypocritical humor.

Too much too much. Give that character a break, these jokes is started to get old. (but i know writers love doing that)

On 8/5/2017 at 11:47 PM, Ryanmahaffe said:

Everyone is saying that the mane 6 are arguing over who wrote the best lessons, it never says that, I am pretty sure the whole point is that it's the townsfolk arguing, not the mane6

Yeah, the townsfolk would be like how we Bronies argue over which episodes, or lessons are better! I love episodes that get meta like that with Season 2's Read it and Weep, and Season 6's Stranger than Fan Fiction!

Been looking forward to this one!

• 3 weeks later...

I like how the journal is being made into a book. Been a long time since we've seen the journal being referenced. I also like how Starlight is being involved in the episode. It's pretty cool how she'll be interacting with Twilight and the others. Sounds like this will be an awesome episode.  

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

I like how the journal is being made into a book. Been a long time since we've seen the journal being referenced. I also like how Starlight is being involved in the episode. It's pretty cool how she'll be interacting with Twilight and the others. Sounds like this will be an awesome episode.  

Still not seen it then? it was broadcast two weeks ago :)

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Still not seen it then? it was broadcast two weeks ago :)

I've been pretty busy, so I haven't had a chance to catch up on some episodes. :lol: It seems like I'll have a pretty fun marathon to enjoy. :) 

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

I've been pretty busy, so I haven't had a chance to catch up on some episodes. :lol: It seems like I'll have a pretty fun marathon to enjoy. :) 

Well, have fun, and don't let the Flyders get you :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Well, have fun, and don't let the Flyders get you :)

Thanks and will do. Thanks for the warning since flyders sound close to spiders. I have a bad fear of them and they freak me out. Hopefully it's not that bad in the episode. 

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

Thanks and will do. Thanks for the warning since flyders sound close to spiders. I have a bad fear of them and they freak me out. Hopefully it's not that bad in the episode. 

Wouldn't advise hoping that.  They took flying, biting nopes and combined them with eight legged web-slinging nopes to make NOPE nopes...

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Wouldn't advise hoping that.  They took flying, biting nopes and combined them with eight legged web-slinging nopes to make NOPE nopes...

Right now a bunch of B-Movie horror/monster writers have watched this scene and then slapped themselves in the head and proclaimed "HOW THE HELL DID I NOT THINK OF THIS!"

Just now, GrimGrimoire said:

Right now a bunch of B-Movie horror/monster writers have watched this scene and then slapped themselves in the head and proclaimed "HOW THE HELL DID I NOT THINK OF THIS!"

Well, no. There are far worse things in the NOPE world. The Girl With All The Gifts for example....

6 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Well, no. There are far worse things in the NOPE world. The Girl With All The Gifts for example....

I never said there were not worse things. The point was (to my knowledge) there is no horror/monster/bug film about flying spiders trying to eat people, and yet it would be an awesome premise for one.

I use the word awesome in the loosest possible sense.

Edit: Corrected typo

Just now, GrimGrimoire said:

I never said there were not worse things. The point was (to my knowledge) there is no horror/monster/bug film about flying spiders trying to eat people, and yet it would be an awesome premise for one.

I use the worse awesome in the loosest possible sense.

Yeah, so there is a gap in the market there. there must be some way to combine that with snek though. Snakes on a plane doesn't count as flying snek

Although you could just add some snek-like aspects, to give a Flying, Biting, Spitting, Venomous, webslinging eight legged HyperNope....

• 3 years later...
On 8/5/2017 at 10:19 PM, CastletonSnob said:

Here's a preview of next week's episode: 

Hide contents

Absolutely one of the best episodes, but the promo sucked!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, SaburoDaimando said:

I hope we get a joke about Twilight asking Starlight to replace their cutie marks with equal signs, leading to the glim glam to say "What?"