Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last time you regularly used Internet Explorer?

FirePuppy

Probably in secondary school during computer classes since I think it wasn't completely encouraged to download things on the computers.

I occasionally use it to download other browsers after a fresh install of Windows XP/Vista/7 on a refurbished Dell system.

IE in general always had these fickle network settings and crap performance that keeps you from ever seeing a non-broken webpage most of the time.

Heh. 

Sopranos was new, Family Guy was in it's first run, one of my kids didn't exist, and this was the top song on the charts

My apologies, but that drives home my point very well. :)

I used it regularly until 2005/06 as well, when I switched to Firefox. My sister's boyfriend at the time showed it to me and recommended it over IE, and I never looked back. Now, I use Chrome and Maxthon.

Edited by d^_^b

The year was 2008. 2nd grade. My teacher's classroom was full on Windows XP computers no one bothered to give any TLC to. So, naturally, Internet Explorer was the only browser.

The next year I moved to a school that only had Macs, and in middle school I found out about google chrome and Firefox (and convinced the entire school to switch browsers) Haven't used I.E. since.

• 2 weeks later...