Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Last time you regularly used Internet Explorer?

FirePuppy

I occasionally use it because I have set it to accept cookies, so if a website makes trouble and I only need to access it once, or if a website uses Active Sucker Pages, I use IE briefly.

I would never use Chrome. I despise Google too much and it supports the most ruthless and power-hungry conqueror in the browser war. I also find it horribly user-unfriendly, but that sadly might just mean it's the spearhead of a trend that eventually afflicts almost everything. As a power user stupidity in UI design drives me nuts.

I am using Waterfox. (It's 64 bit.) I considered Firefox since it's now also offered in 64 Bit, but Waterfox does some things more respectful to the user (involving the topic of data gathering and such). I recently updated from v40 to 55 because major websites stopped working properly and it took me half a day and some more until I got everything working again as before, and (cynically not surprising) some things work less well than with the old version. Also my ancient Opera 12 (which I used until I begrudingly switched to Waterfox when Opera let itself be assimilated by the devil) would often display websites properly that the much newer Waterfox 40 couldn't.

And now Youtube does the next crazy step with their new UI which is more of the usual disrespectful sheeple-herding madness.

P.S.: Just learned this: Menu Wizard to disable fatal shortcuts and menu options is a MUST for Firefox! Otherwise any time you want to write Q or W and hit CTRL with SHIFT, all text you might have written so far can be lost with the browser closing. The person who came up with these stupid shortcuts should be shot.

The worst is, I was already using Menu Wizard to remove a dangerous menu item and wasn't aware there are still direct-access shortcuts and that those triggered a close, and it happened after I had typed a really long text in a web app with no chance of a session backup or such.

Edited by Dowlphin
  • Brohoof 1

If using Microsoft Edge counts, then back in November 2016 after I built my PC. I used Edge to download Chrome.

If not, then well, I guess the last time I legit used IE for anything was back when I was in high school using one of their older Windows XP PCs.

I work for an educational after school program for kids. I"m also the tech person for the company so I maintain the computer labs. When I restore a pc, I use internet explorer to go to ninite and download chrome, firefox, malwarebytes, avira and ccleaner :3 

after that I delete the shortcut and unpin it from the taskbar :please:

Edited by Valencia
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have never regularly used internet explorer. As soon as firefox came out I used that for a long time until chrome came along, now I only use chrome.

• 3 months later...

I grew up with Macs, but I got to use Internet Explorer a bit in high school and hated it every time. I learned my lesson fairly quickly. :) Started using Firefox or Chrome every time I needed to use one of the PCs.

I've been using Internet Explorer since around 2000 and continue to use it to this very day--what I use is Microsoft Edge which is practically Explorer--though there was a couple of months in the early years where I used the now archaic and defunct Netscape because of not having the other one.

I may have switched from Internet Explorer to Firefox by 2006 then started using Chrome in 2009. There have been occasions when I had to use Microsoft's browser whenever something didn't work properly for Chrome for whatever reason.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna

Wow, I'm surprised how late everyone used IE.

I probably haven't used it regularly for over 13 years. I downloaded Firefox when it was still in beta (2004-ish?).

If I can roughly remember; 2004/2005. I found out that Firefox was a thing through forums. Moved on from FF to Chrome in 2010.

I pretty much use it regularly at work; pretty much the only one allowed there outside of the occasional Google Chrome allowance.

Had to have been 2012 for school. Used firefox cause it was the fastest browser on my windows XP netbook. Dad upgraded my to the safer chrome when I got my windows 7 PC in 2014 (?). Used it ever since.