Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What happens if Disney buys My Little Pony?

Deidre Asada

80 users have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Stop watching
    • Be sad
    • Keep watching

Ya I just don't completely trust them what with the teen crap they've been gushing out lately, I mean if they're smart they'll keep it the same, but I just wouldn't trust them with it. I wouldn't feel comfortable knowing that disney has gained control over MLP:FIM is what I'm saying.

I....don't have one?

Your quote made no sence what so ever.

You linked a video where something was laughing. [ In other words, you found my opinion funny/Stupid]

So instead of linking a video with something laughing give me a reason why you think like that.

What you're saying doesn't make any sense. If Disney bought my little pony, then they would DIRECTLY OWN my little pony AND the theme park. And the stuff about Universal Studios doesn't really help with what you're saying, it just adds to the confusion.

I'm not sure about this, but I think if Disney made a friendly little contract with Hasbro (which I HIGHLY doubt), then yeah, I think they could throw in a MLP ride or two. But if Disney bought MLP, they could still do the same thing. :P Whether or not they buy the franchise, they could still have MLP-based rides, attractions, etc., they'd just need permission.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure about this, but I think if Disney made a friendly little contract with Hasbro (which I HIGHLY doubt), then yeah, I think they could throw in a MLP ride or two. But if Disney bought MLP, they could still do the same thing. :P Whether or not they buy the franchise, they could still have MLP-based rides, attractions, etc., they'd just need permission.

Oh... I get it, now. Nice point.

Your quote made no sence what so ever.

You linked a video where something was laughing. [ In other words, you found my opinion funny/Stupid]

So instead of linking a video with something laughing give me a reason why you think like that.

I was laughing at the idea that disney would handle MLP perfectly fine, not you. Sorry if you thought that I was mocking you.

I was laughing at the idea that disney would handle MLP perfectly fine, not you. Sorry if you thought that I was mocking you.

No problem mate, just wanted to clear it up.

There is no reason to link something like that when someone is stating their opinion :)

Looking at this from from the point of someone who knows very little about cartoons I think disney would ruin it. I've seen the total crap that the teenage disney stuff is and if MLP would be anything like that I would shoot myself. BUT (really big but),if Disney left she show alone, meaning same voice actors and everything, and just made the merchandise better I wouldn't mind all that much.

Well, Toonami is coming back with anime every week, so they're STARTING to crawl out of hopelessville, but true, their reputation is in shandles and I wouldn't want them taking up MLP either.

I did hear about this and it gave me SOME hope for CN. But I just gotta know: Are they gonna bring back Tom? :P Cus it'd be awesome if he was made outta diamond now. Y'know. A little upgrade for the umpteen years of being pushed out of service.

That would be a disaster, MLP would be removed from Netflix!!!! otherwise i dont think it would matter too much. More merch usually means easier access to it. The storyline might will suffer though.

I really don't see disney buying this as a possibility. But if they did, I'd say as long as they didn't mess with the show, I'd be fine with it. If they messed with the show...they'd have hell to pay.

• 2 months later...

Wat do?

If you don't understand why that's bad, the new disney SUCKS. It doesn't ever make the good ol' classic movies or shows anymore (They've turned Mickey Mouse into a little children's show!)

Curse you Disney! Curse yoooooou!

Edited by Nintendo 64

I wouldn't stop watching, but I would definitely be angry. The show would become a marketing ploy and the overall creativity of the story would drop.

• Brohoof 3

Oh boy.... If Disney took over MLP: FiM I'd... honestly be neutral about it. I mean as long as they don't change anything or alter it'll be the same as watching it just on a another station no real harm done.

Yeah I think I'd kill myself really lol, first off because hasbro let disney but it second of because DISNEY BOUGHT IT, and the new disney is downright terrible. if it was the old disney, then I wouldn't mind

I would feel like I felt when Charlie Sheen was replaced with Ashton Kutcher in 2 and a half men. I would get really sad and disappointed, but I would watch at least the first episode to see how the changes has affected the show. But just like with 2 and a half men, I think that I wouldn't like it and stop watching it.

As much as I love Disney, them buying the show will just kill it. They might change the design, change the storyline, and all that stuff.

They would probably make a series called 'Disney Ponies' similar to Disney Fairies and all that. I like MLP just the way it is. If Lauren Faust were to come back in...it would be even better! But my only suggestion to the show right now it to keep on working, and to put lots of effort. ;3

• Brohoof 2

No, just no, Disney nowadays their marketing ploy is to girls, The Hub markets MLP to families, while Hasbro markets the toys to girls.

Everything would b ruined considering the fact quality of Disney shows in general go down with each episode.

i wouldn't care one bit, i'd look at the pros rather then to cons

MLP rides in Disney land and a MLP movie, and there not exactly gonna axe the whole MLP team unless hasbro don't want to let them

also im gonna face palm at the second option rely even as a joke its just a unfunny joke, and if serious...

• Brohoof 1