Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S8 Animatic.

CastletonSnob

53 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Hide contents

Not to mention this makes no freaking SENSE. Chrysalis wants revenge on STARLIGHT, not the mane six; Why the hell is she stealing their hairs instead of starlight's? I mean, it could turn out she's going to make voodoo dolls of the mane six with the hair and then use them to control the six to try and kill starlight, but past that she should be focusing on STARLIGHT as her target given her rant.

Well like I mentioned in my post, I think her plan could involve getting revenge on all of them. If it involves making copies, she only needs 6 since she's capable of transforming into one of them. And if she is making evil copies to impersonate them and make everyone look bad, then being the one acting as Starlight could be a personal touch. It also might play into mocking the whole reformation thing, her being one of the group who was evil turned good, now she can paint it as Starlight turning Equestria's heroes into villains.

57 minutes ago, Valeska said:

I want to know what she plans to use the mane six hair for. Also am I the only one under the impression that there are still a few unreformed changelings hovering around Equestria?

I would have wanted that as a plot thing, but To change a changeling pretty explicitly stated that all the reticent changelings wanting to go back to their old ways came around without any trouble to being transformed ones.

17 minutes ago, Marimo said:

now she can paint it as Starlight turning Equestria's heroes into villains.

Wouldn't that come off a bit similiar to caballerron's plan from Daring done? to basically slander a hero that's been opposing them to break their spirit?

30 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

So I know everyone Is freaking out about you know who, or doomsdaying about Starlight, but I noticed something. If you remember from the season 8 promo material Hasbro distributed to investors, there was a new building in the background. (I tried to find the original picture of it, but couldn't)

It shows up again in the animatic, looks like that was the building they were all in, and from the sound of it, it looks like Twilight is starting her own school, and her friends are all going to be teachers there. If true, that sounds like an interesting new plot device.

I'm kind of wondering about that school, it seems like a very random leap to go from "Defeat the pony of shadows" to "Lets make a school!"

There's gotta be more of a reason for twilight to want to create a school for friendship rather than just having a building they could use pop up.

3 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Wouldn't that come off a bit similiar to caballerron's plan from Daring done? to basically slander a hero that's been opposing them to break their spirit?

You've got a point, though it's not like they're not above repeating plots (overwhelmed babysitter in Stare Master, Baby Cakes and Just For Sidekicks, unicorn affiliated with magic wanting revenge on Twilight but reforming with Sunset and Starlight).

• Brohoof 1

My thoughts:

Spoiler

I have to wonder just how far into the episode this actually is.  Twilight obviously recognizes the camerapony (Chrysalis), who references being a part of "The Canterlot Historical Society," which is implied to be set up in an earlier scene.  I actually think this scene is towards the end of the episode for two reasons:

1.  If you think back to a lot of the other two-part episodes in the series, most of the first part is dedicated to setup (The very first episode set up Ponyville, the Canterlot Wedding only showed Twilight's mistrust of Cadence in the first part until the end, the Season 5 premiere set up Starlight's town).

2.  I think there is a whole lot more to the plot than "cliché voodoo."  I hope this harkens back to earlier premieres (S1, S2, S2 finale) in making a story seem simple, then showing its true complexities in the second part.  If that is the case, the setup in the first part will be needed for the second part's reveal.

Also, I love the guy who is distinguishably saying "ohhhhh" above the rest of the audience at Chrysalis' reveal.

Edited by jackfettgames
Clarification
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, M'gann M'orzz said:

In which Chrysalis pokes and takes a picture of Rainbow Dashes ass.

Also jesus Chrysalis is gonna be the main villain of 3 two parters now, she has a solid claim to be the shows main villain.

Yeah, kind of getting tired of her TBH, she's a little overexposed. But then again, they've been reforming villains left and right to the point that they don't HAVE any other people they can use really.

Discord got Reformed, Trixie (while a bit weak, she could maybe have done a villain team up with other minor villains) got reformed, Luna of course got reformed, Sombra is unusable due to continuity snarl of the comics reforming him, Starlight got reformed... The only options they really have Are chrysalis, Tirek and "make a new villain". (One reason why I hope that if they really decide to follow through with the GOH thing at some point, they'd dial back the redemptions a bit)

13 minutes ago, Marimo said:

You've got a point, though it's not like they're not above repeating plots (overwhelmed babysitter in Stare Master, Baby Cakes and Just For Sidekicks, unicorn affiliated with magic wanting revenge on Twilight but reforming with Sunset and Starlight).

True. I just would hope it wouldn't be like 28 pranks later was to MMDW >.<

12 minutes ago, jackfettgames said:

My thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

I have to wonder just how far into the episode this actually is.  Twilight obviously recognizes the camerapony (Chrysalis), who references being a part of "The Canterlot Historical Society," which is implied to be set up in an earlier scene.  I actually think this scene is towards the end of the episode for two reasons:

1.  If you think back to a lot of the other two-part episodes in the series, most of the first part is dedicated to setup (The very first episode set up Ponyville, the Canterlot Wedding only showed Twilight's mistrust of Cadence in the first part until the end, the Season 5 premiere set up Starlight's town).

2.  I think there is a whole lot more to the plot than "cliché voodoo."  I hope this harkens back to earlier premieres (S1, S2, S2 finale) in making a story seem simple, then showing its true complexities in the second part.  If that is the case, the setup in the first part will be needed for the second part's reveal.

Also, I love the guy who is distinguishably saying "ohhhhh" above the rest of the audience at Chrysalis' reveal.

>marsha roberto turns out to be the S8 finale villain

• Brohoof 1

45 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

I'm kind of wondering about that school, it seems like a very random leap to go from "Defeat the pony of shadows" to "Lets make a school!"

There's gotta be more of a reason for twilight to want to create a school for friendship rather than just having a building they could use pop up.

Well, we don't know what the pony of shadows plan is do I can't make any judgements there. Of course, the school could be completely unrelated, an idea Twilight had on her own. They could even allude to it in the finale, have it just be something that she wants to do.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Jeric said:

To exact revenge on someone properly, you need to learn their STRENGTHS and weaknesses, then counter the STRENGTHS and exploit the weaknesses. After that, you can do whatever the buck you want. She is either going to turn her friends against her, or make her believe that they turned against her. Take away something she loves and then get defeated once Mane 6 are swiftly and conveniently removed by her machinations.

FTFY

It's bullshit and you know it. It doesn't involve Sunburst and Trixie. By your own episode speculations, one can easily claim they just need an excuse to get Mane 6 out of the picture so they can push her as the heroine once again. Guess suddenly becoming best friends works like a charm, eh? All those long days spent at Applejack's ... Must be really heartbreaking seeing her gone/changed.

The only psychological attack that can defeat a super duper powerful pony who always saves the day while being distressed is Lovecraft level of unraveling that ignores plot armor. But I suppose some people wouldn't want potatoes and genuine cultists running around Equestria ;)

7 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

I dont like how Chrysalis revealed herself too soon, not to the characters, but the audience, it ruined what fascinating about changeling: Deception. So what S8 can surprise us, i wonder, they reveal Chrysalis will be main antagonist without any subtlety at all and it look like she will do some voodoo stuffs with the mane 6, but not with Starlight??? Why not Starlight, why not she take the picture of Starlight? After all of this, she still underestimate Starlight?! 

I knew a lot of people can figure out the ep plot with just this vids, so what intriguing me is how they surprise us with this 'predictable' premise that they show us, will there be something MORE than that? Will Chrysalis can even better than Starlight at Revenge? Starlight will save the day by herself or she will be the victim of this ep (i think the second is the better route, i want some Starlight's psychological tortures)

Will Chrysalis make any impact at all because its premiere not finale so it not like she will do some groundbreaking stuffs anyway, she will be defeated and return in finale or everything will be settled in this premiere, reform or not.

I know the show surprise me a lot of time, it would be nice if they do that to me AGAIN. Slap to my face to tell me how dumb i am, writers, i am trying to be a smartass here, prove me wrong.

By a way, that pony (Chrysalis in disguise) is so cute :toldya: and she has a bug in her butt... bad bug, bad bug.

What I'm guessing is that Starlight is going to be both the victim and hero. I'm guessing Chrysalis is just using the mane six to hurt Starlight, either to lure her into a trap or to hurt her by hurting her friends, but Chrysalis somehow underestimates Starlight. 

• Brohoof 1

59 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

It's bullshit and you know it. It doesn't involve Sunburst and Trixie. By your own episode speculations, one can easily claim they just need an excuse to get Mane 6 out of the picture so they can push her as the heroine once again. 

I don't see this is a problem. You forget, I like the character. I also can see the potential for a nuanced difference between saving the day in this episode vs. how she did so in TWaBA. Most of that episode had a strong current of a lack of confidence from Starlight. If they have her play hero again without that sort of emotional waffling, an argument could be made that it's character growth. Obviously fans who dislike the character or the sidelining of the Mane Six won't approve. I'm cool with that. 

For me, I just want to see her smack the shit out of the former Changeling Queen, so my desire is undeniably more low brow. 

59 minutes ago, Goat-kun said:

It doesn't involve Sunburst and Trixie.

If it's a 44 minute story that we got a glimpse of it just may involve them. The show does have a tendency to use exposition to describe off screen actions. You know they would likely go that route with the explanation that it would be redundant to show the same deception multiple times. And I would also expect the final encounter would likely involve Thorax in some capacity. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Jeric said:

Take away something she loves and then strike. 

I know, STRIKE FOR THE HEART :orly:, but still whatever spells Chrysalis try to use, she should take Starlight's hair too, just for safety, why not? Clone spells, why not Starlight, a very powerful unicorn? Chrysalis still doesnt know Starlight at all? Killing Voodoo Spell, why not Starlight, you can kill her after you can kill all her friends. Starlight in S5 finale can kick Twilight ass because she KNEW her enemy, and predict any move possible.

Maybe i am wrong, maybe something far more insidious beyond my imaginations, maybe... 

3 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Chrysalis wants revenge on STARLIGHT, not the mane six; 

An eye for an eye, nice and clean,right? NOPE, NOT ENOUGH, DESTROY EVERYTHING YOU LOVE, THEN HUMILATE YOU, THEN FINISH YOU IN THE MOST SATISFY WAYS AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE THEN LAUGH AS HARD AS I CANNNNNNNNN.

Yup, that how villain revenges...

19 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

What I'm guessing is that Starlight is going to be both the victim and hero. I'm guessing Chrysalis is just using the mane six to hurt Starlight, either to lure her into a trap or to hurt her by hurting her friends, but Chrysalis somehow underestimates Starlight. 

Not how a perfect plan works, you need to make sure about EVERYTHING POSSIBLE, that how Starlight beat Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lambdadelta said:

Maybe i am wrong, maybe something far more insidious beyond my imaginations, maybe... 

She takes photos aggressively from the mane stars, and invades their personal space. Either she is trying to rule the world via the TMZ method, or she's gone full on Evil Brony! :wau:

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

She takes photos aggressively from the mane stars, and invades their personal space. Either she is trying to rule the world via the TMZ method, or she's gone full on Evil Brony! :wau:

Kakegurui-Episode-05-Subtitle-Indonesia.jpg.1c63cbf6621bd1c132e2f90222631f61.jpg

GENIUS!!! Nothing can be more terrifying than an EVIL BRONY, Your evilness is beyond my imagination.

*Giggle Giggle* Damn Hasbro, you spoiled S8 before S7, you killed my hyped for S7. Seeing that Pony (Chrysalis in disguise) make me hyped more than whether Tempest and Storm King is the true villain of the movie. They go overboard with the spoilers nowaday.

Edited by Lambdadelta
  • Brohoof 1

I'm still waiting for Spike's biggest season - will this be it? I certainly hope so! He's really not doing much in this current season! But I guess I like the looks of this beginning! You can tell Chrysalis is gonna do something with the Mane Six to try to get to Starlight! Voodoo dolls? Clones? Something similar?

Edited by MegaSean45

Not really looking forward to this but at this point I probably should not get worked up at all for the two-parters. They've had seven seasons to have the Remane 5 do something, yet each time they fall back on having the Light's be the one to do everything and this doesn't seem to be an exception. By all looks the Mane 6 are going to have some shit thrown at them by Chrysalis, that much is certain, cause she wouldn't need their photo's or hair otherwise. Best guess is mind control/voodoo control to use them to get revenge on Starlight and mess up the Mane 6's lives, also because mind control is an established power Chrysalis has (See Canterlot Wedding). Other thing is evil clones, but that seems to similar to the season 6 finale. Third option is memory alteration, in which Chrysalis somehow affects the memories of the Mane 6, most likely altering their perceptions about Starlight or the like, like thinking she's still a villain or that they don't even know her, stuff like that. Either way it's very clear the Mane 6 are going to be hit hard by her, and it seems to be another episode where Starlight is the main star of the episode, either as the one who will fix everything and save the day, or as the one who the show decides to give the emotional focus and attempts to be the sympathetic POV for the audience, perhaps both.  Not looking forward to that.  That being said Spike wasn't in this at all so that's something I guess.

That being said it does appear that in the season 7 finale Twilight is going to be opening some kind of school for friendship or the like and the Mane 6 are going to be teachers there. Seems a bit odd, but whatever. 

15 minutes ago, Sidral Mundet said:

Not really looking forward to this but at this point I probably should not get worked up at all for the two-parters. They've had seven seasons to have the Remane 5 do something, yet each time they fall back on having the Light's be the one to do everything and this doesn't seem to be an exception. By all looks the Mane 6 are going to have some shit thrown at them by Chrysalis, that much is certain, cause she wouldn't need their photo's or hair otherwise. Best guess is mind control/voodoo control to use them to get revenge on Starlight and mess up the Mane 6's lives, also because mind control is an established power Chrysalis has (See Canterlot Wedding). Other thing is evil clones, but that seems to similar to the season 6 finale. Third option is memory alteration, in which Chrysalis somehow affects the memories of the Mane 6, most likely altering their perceptions about Starlight or the like, like thinking she's still a villain or that they don't even know her, stuff like that. Either way it's very clear the Mane 6 are going to be hit hard by her, and it seems to be another episode where Starlight is the main star of the episode, either as the one who will fix everything and save the day, or as the one who the show decides to give the emotional focus and attempts to be the sympathetic POV for the audience, perhaps both.  Not looking forward to that.  That being said Spike wasn't in this at all so that's something I guess.

That being said it does appear that in the season 7 finale Twilight is going to be opening some kind of school for friendship or the like and the Mane 6 are going to be teachers there. Seems a bit odd, but whatever. 

I'm still trying to figure out how "open a school" is going to be connected to "Pony of shadows". that's really not a thing I'd think you'd decide to do after punching out an evil alicorn looking dude.

Edited by Unlikeable Pony

24 minutes ago, Unlikeable Pony said:
  Hide contents

I'm still trying to figure out how "open a school" is going to be connected to "Pony of shadows". that's really not a thing I'd think you'd decide to do after punching out an evil alicorn looking dude.

Could be loosely connected to the theme of legacy that has permeated this season. They tried to teach through publishing the journal and ... well ... cats and dogs living together. 

43 minutes ago, Sidral Mundet said:

Third option is memory alteration, in which Chrysalis somehow affects the memories of the Mane 6, most likely altering their perceptions about Starlight or the like, like thinking she's still a villain or that they don't even know her

That's the most interesting theory I've heard so far, and probably the one that would make for a better story. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Lambdadelta said:

I dont like how Chrysalis revealed herself too soon, not to the characters, but the audience, it ruined what fascinating about changeling: Deception. So what S8 can surprise us, i wonder, they reveal Chrysalis will be main antagonist without any subtlety at all and it look like she will do some voodoo stuffs with the mane 6, but not with Starlight??? Why not Starlight, why not she take the picture of Starlight? After all of this, she still underestimate Starlight?! 

I knew a lot of people can figure out the ep plot with just this vids, so what intriguing me is how they surprise us with this 'predictable' premise that they show us, will there be something MORE than that? Will Chrysalis can even better than Starlight at Revenge? Starlight will save the day by herself or she will be the victim of this ep (i think the second is the better route, i want some Starlight's psychological tortures)

Will Chrysalis make any impact at all because its premiere not finale so it not like she will do some groundbreaking stuffs anyway, she will be defeated and return in finale or everything will be settled in this premiere, reform or not.

I know the show surprise me a lot of time, it would be nice if they do that to me AGAIN. Slap to my face to tell me how dumb i am, writers, i am trying to be a smartass here, prove me wrong.

By a way, that pony (Chrysalis in disguise) is so cute :toldya: and she has a bug in her butt... bad bug, bad bug.

Yeah, I'd say they should have saved Chrysy reveal for later. I don't think she refused to take a pic of Starlight at first nor a hair because she's underestimating her, but she's the target. Remember that she swore revenge directly at her in the S6 finale. It looks like the Mane6 are tools, but she wants to harm Starlight 

29 minutes ago, Jeric said:

That's the most interesting theory I've heard so far, and probably the one that would make for a better story. 

Yeah it's something not many expect but it would fit. Also helps when you read some PKD whose works tend to deal rather heavily in this kind of field. That being said, my money is still on some kind of mind control. 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, Jeric said:

I don't see this is a problem. You forget, I like the character. I also can see the potential for a nuanced difference between saving the day in this episode vs. how she did so in TWaBA. Most of that episode had a strong current of a lack of confidence from Starlight. If they have her play hero again without that sort of emotional waffling, an argument could be made that it's character growth. Obviously fans who dislike the character or the sidelining of the Mane Six won't approve. I'm cool with that. 

For me, I just want to see her smack the shit out of the former Changeling Queen, so my desire is undeniably more low brow. 

If it's a 44 minute story that we got a glimpse of it just may involve them. The show does have a tendency to use exposition to describe off screen actions. You know they would likely go that route with the explanation that it would be redundant to show the same deception multiple times. And I would also expect the final encounter would likely involve Thorax in some capacity. 

I already know you like the character and I'm not trying to convert you. Most Mane 6 members are not depicted as close friends with Starlight, so using them in such a manner is an excuse to remove them the same way they are removing other Princesses. Her fans are constantly debating how Starlight has/should have her own group of friends. I am merely suggesting that you should own your musings and ponder the cost and effect. Liking or disliking something should not inhibit one's ability to think.

1 hour ago, Goat-kun said:

I already know you like the character and I'm not trying to convert you. Most Mane 6 members are not depicted as close friends with Starlight, so using them in such a manner is an excuse to remove them the same way they are removing other Princesses. Her fans are constantly debating how Starlight has/should have her own group of friends. I am merely suggesting that you should own your musings and ponder the cost and effect. Liking or disliking something should not inhibit one's ability to think.

Pondering it would make sense for a proper revenge to go after Starlight's closer friends but here's the other thing, this is Chrysalis' plan. Before her plan involved only seeking out the opposing parties at "A Canterlot Wedding" (Flurry and Luna were roped in as well due to their ties to the opposing parties) but Sunburst, the right hand of the Crystal empire wasn't considered, Starlight, Twilight's student wasn't considered, it's clear she has a very narrow scope on her target range. So now for this second plan who she goes after the pony who went after the Mane 6. In Chrysalis' mind if she wasn't as close of friends as the audience as seen she wouldn't have cared that much for them. This is Chrysalis' real first impression of Starlight one that didn't involve Sunburst at all, and as for Trixie...let's be honest she was a meat shield in that rescue mission, Chrysalis is not going to bother with a pony she saw being that useless (probably going to be her downfall). The only other character who played any major role in that rescue was Thorax but...yeah the choice of going after the leader and your former swarm all by yourself even with the ability to inside job it in disguise, I'm going to stick with the pony who only has six ponies and a baby dragon by her side (again from what Chrysalis has observed). You could argue why not do some further observations on her target to be more prepared (a la The Cutie Re-mark) but this is a character who always had an army of drones behind her, probably not the best at working solo. But hey at least her acting's improved:twi:

24 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Pondering it would make sense for a proper revenge to go after Starlight's closer friends but here's the other thing, this is Chrysalis' plan. Before her plan involved only seeking out the opposing parties at "A Canterlot Wedding" (Flurry and Luna were roped in as well due to their ties to the opposing parties) but Sunburst, the right hand of the Crystal empire wasn't considered, Starlight, Twilight's student wasn't considered, it's clear she has a very narrow scope on her target range. So now for this second plan who she goes after the pony who went after the Mane 6. In Chrysalis' mind if she wasn't as close of friends as the audience as seen she wouldn't have cared that much for them. This is Chrysalis' real first impression of Starlight one that didn't involve Sunburst at all, and as for Trixie...let's be honest she was a meat shield in that rescue mission, Chrysalis is not going to bother with a pony she saw being that useless (probably going to be her downfall). The only other character who played any major role in that rescue was Thorax but...yeah the choice of going after the leader and your former swarm all by yourself even with the ability to inside job it in disguise, I'm going to stick with the pony who only has six ponies and a baby dragon by her side (again from what Chrysalis has observed). You could argue why not do some further observations on her target to be more prepared (a la The Cutie Re-mark) but this is a character who always had an army of drones behind her, probably not the best at working solo. But hey at least her acting's improved:twi:

True, but I wonder what oversight she'll make this time. It would be funny and ironic if it was Spike.

Queen Chrysalis: I DON'T BELIEVE IT! MY PLANS FOR REVENGE FOILED BY A BABY DRAGON?! A BABY DRAGON THAT WAS ONE OF MY PRISONERS, AT THAT! IS THIS SOME KIND OF COSMIC JOKE?!

Now, if only she could pull off a convincing Cadance.

• Brohoof 1

Here's my theory:

Chrysalis isn't gonna use the hairs for clones, voodoo dolls or the like, oh no. Because in that case, what would she do with the photos (unless they were just a cover-up for her to get the hairs)? To me, it appeared that Chrysalis needs both the photos AND the hairs - photos for mimicking the Mane 6's appearances and hairs for exhibiting their behavior pattern (as least I believe behavior is partially based upon genetics) to make the potential doppelgangers as convincing as possible to avoid suspicion. She could be taking these to her allies that might also be shapeshifters (rogue Changelings and/or maybe other kinds of creatures) so that they could probably replace the Mane 6 and then start spreading false rumors about Starlight (in a fashion that appears legitimate based on the Mane 6's initial personalities), maybe with Chrysalis marching as Starlight to "confirm" the rumors, and at the very end they bring Starlight down and strike her last when she's in her lowest, most emotionally damaged state. And after that she could be captured just like the Mane 6 and they would all have to work together to avert the resulting calamity that Chrysalis may cause.

Also I just noticed that the pony she disguised as is a photographer and has a ladybug as her cutie mark. Unless I am reading too much into it, I feel like it might actually be a subtle reference to Snappy the ladybug from Smurfs: The Lost Village (she's a ladybug who can snap photos and make recordings)... And the episode hasn't even been announced proper yet!

• Brohoof 1