Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dark Qiviut

A Health of Information  

93 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Spike: *sees flyder invasion, puts castle on lockdown* ("I HATE IT!" >__<)
    • Fluttershy: *inhales deeply* Nooooooooooooo. ("I dislike it.")
    • Angel: *eats salad, shrugs* ("…meh.")
    • Fluttershy: "I'd like to be a tree." ("I like it!")
    • Zecora: "I'm having such a great time, I almost forgot to rhyme." ("I LOVE IT!" <3)

Oh no, sick zebra! :love:

*checks on Zecora* :sunbutt:

Oh, don't worry everypony, her rhyming ability is still intact! :please:

Wait :confused: ... DAMN IT!!!  IT'S STILL INTACT!!! :angry:

Honestly, Mage Meadowbrook was the one Legend I was really waiting for, especially after her mention in the season 5 premier. :)

• Brohoof 3

Goodness gracious me, this is already one of Fluttershy's best episodes in some time!  When she sets her mind to something, my goodness that little filly is capable of doing pretty much anything! :fluttershy:

Also, HOLY SHIT, that disease is terrifying!!!  IT TURNS PONIES INTO THE TREES THAT DROP THOSE FLOWER PODS???  MY GOSH, THAT'S AWFUL!!! :love:

• Brohoof 6

This episode is pretty funny so far, but they're kind of glossing over the fact that Zecora is going to freaking die! No, wait, she's going to suffer a fate even worse than death, an "I Have No Mouth, But I Must Scream!" if you will. Including Discord almost fading from existence, this season is getting surprisingly dark.

• Brohoof 5

On 9/23/2017 at 11:42 AM, Batbrony said:

Also, HOLY SHIT, that disease is terrifying!!!  IT TURNS PONIES INTO THE TREES THAT DROP THOSE FLOWER PODS???  MY GOSH, THAT'S AWFUL!!! :love:

Actually it could be the key to fulfilling one of Fluttershy's wishes!:squee:

fluttertree.png.5aac1f60090f0accc727e6c04cf61b2e.png

:sneer:  Bwahahah!

EDIT: TOO LATE!!!!!! Seeing how the episode has progressed It looks like it could actually happen!! :o:lol:

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 6

This has actually been a brilliant episode thus far. If it keeps this up it will easily be top 5 of season 7. :D

• Brohoof 4

OH NO, SICK BUTTER PONY!!!!  NOW SHE'S GONNA START GETTING GOOD AT RHYMING WHEN THE SYMPTOMS GET WORSE!!! :love:

Also, I know we've all joked for years that Zecora should just not rhyme at some point, but if I'm being totally honest... I WAS COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT WHEN SHE DIDN'T RHYME!!! :love:  Spooky shit, man, spooky shit! :unsure:

• Brohoof 5

Alright, I was kinda looking forward to this episode, seeing how Zecora has barely been used lately, so seeing her be important again would be nice.

Seeing Fluttershy and Twilight geek out was pretty cute, getting information on mage Meadowbrook was interesting, and Twilight and Fluttershy had better chemistry here than they did in the their map episode, I enjoyed determined Fluttershy, and Twilight got some cute moments in this episode, especially her wanting to know where the story about young Meadowbrook putting a frog into a colt's mane went.

The episode also had a nice moral about taking care of your physical health, that I appreciated.

All and all, I liked it.

• Brohoof 5

Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow, that episode was AMAZING!!!  I can't remember the last time Fluttershy got into such a desperate situation (at least on her own), the writing and pacing were fantastic, Twilight was a great supporting character here, Cat Tail was a fun new addition to the cast, and Mage Meadowbrook's story was fantastic (plus I have to add she has a pretty cute design as well, as do most of these bayou ponies).  Great episode all around, can't wait to review it!  But for now, if you'll excuse me everypony, I am off to (hopefully) sell my old car.  Later everypony!!! :muffins:

• Brohoof 7

Yet another oddly personal episode with a moral that I can confirm is extremely important to take heed. When a loved one is sick, you feel as if you have some responsibility for the condition even if you do not. You become somewhat obsessed with helping them, to the detriment of your own physical and mental health. The message of taking care of yourself is extremely important, and may be one of the best morals of the show. Fluttershy was spot on here. Cattail was a great addition to the characters on this show, and how he put himself through hell to help two strangers he just met and an individual he has never seen is commendable. The little touches in the episode were nice. I do want them to explain the race change of Meadowbrook. Also the doctor was spot on with the phrasing of telling someone, "This is a lot to take in." I have had those words burned into my memory. His  expression on his quick exit made me want to throw a tree at him though. :P

I loved this one. Personal and well made with only some small flaws. 

• Brohoof 10

*Insert Nostalgia Critic memes here*

I really liked the episode.  While the overall plot wasn't the best, it was good.  However, the music and theming were great.

Also, swamp fever seems to have a Discord-esque flair too it.

Edited by jackfettgames
I'm retracting a previous statement due to some thought and response.
  • Brohoof 2

On the one hand, this episode was pretty enjoyable to watch. Zecora, Fluttershy and Twilight interactions were a treat to see, and Cattail has the suave voice of a jazz singer, so he was a nice addition.

However, it's slightly undermined by the sheer Nightmare Fuel induced mood whiplash brought up over the course of the episode. First, we have the Swamp Fever itself, which forcibly transforms the infected into a tree to further spread the infection. Meaning that every tree these flowers bloom on was potential a pony who succumbed to the disease, and can imagine if they were still conscious afterwords? It wouldn't take long for the infected to succumb to insanity. Don't even get me started in how infectious this disease appears to be.

Then there are the masks, especially Meadowbrook's, which appear to be based on the mask worn by Plague Doctors during the height of the Black Plague. I don't think I need to go into detail just why that's disturbing. FInally, during Meadowbrook's time, Swamp Fever was a straight up pandemic, and it's very likely that not all the patients were able to be cured in time. 

Because of all this, the happy/funny moments are slightly sullied by the undermining crisis here, which made them less enjoyable than they could have been. Still a good episode, but I would have preferred it if there weren't potentially fatal consequences hanging over their heads the whole time.  

• Brohoof 2

Pretty good episode. It ends quickly, but this is one of the few times a quick ending is totally appropriate since the issue was resolved and there wasn't anything else that needed to be said. I had some issues with Twilight being nerfed again and unable to levitate a glop of honey out of that hive, but I suppose it was needed for the story. Though why they didn't pick one of the other non-magical Mane 6 or Spike to accompany her to avoid that issue is strange. I guess they really wanted to do another Twi-Flutters pairing again?

I LOLed at the off-color humor about the things Cat Tail had to endure to try and get the honey. One can only imagine. XD

I see the Ponyville doctor still has the same lousy bedside manner that he had when Twilight took Spike to see him. X3

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

Swamp Fever was a straight up pandemic, and it's very likely that not all the patients were able to be cured in time. 

Note ... there were less trees in the flashback. 

:(

• Brohoof 4

So it seems like Doctor Mesmes role was scrapped for an incompetent one with a muffin head. I am not amusssssed. :dry:

Seriously now though, i thought this was really good.

Zecora didn't get as much screentime as some might have expected, but when she was on she was really good. I really liked the part where she didn't rhyme, totally making flutters panic. :D

I liked the whole new orleans, bayou, Voodoo feeling of the episode because New Orleans is one of my favorite US Cities and also the story to the mysterious mask was the best so far. Not only was it interesting, it was also very well incorporated into the story compared to Daring Done.

Twilight was also very cute in this story again. Her nerdy part was showing again which is always a plus and i liked her with her cooking hat. :3

All in all, wonderful episode that i could watch a few times more over. Thumbs up

Now if you excuse me, i need to make an eye to eye talk with a muffin head

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, PoisonClaw said:

Because of all this, the happy/funny moments are slightly sullied by the undermining crisis here, which made them less enjoyable than they could have been. Still a good episode, but I would have preferred it if there weren't potentially fatal consequences hanging over their heads the whole time.  

I think that the stakes and the urgency were critical to the characterization of Fluttershy feeling intense guilt and single minded determination as well as the moral. 

• Brohoof 1

Before I go to work, I want to point out how the legends told in Campfire Tales, Daring Done, and here seem to tie into the Legend of Magic comics. I think these episodes have been set up for some upcoming episode. Don't you agree?

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Before I go to work, I want to point out how the legends told in Campfire Tales, Daring Done, and here seem to tie into the Legend of Magic comics. I think these episodes have been set up for some upcoming episode. Don't you agree?

Spoiler

According to the finale synopsis, yes it's confirmed.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, if Fluttershy just used her wings, this whole absurd scenario never would've happened.

That said, a pretty meh episode overall. The whole thing just felt contrived. And, as Mesme said, we probably met the worst doctor ever. Yeah, I'd definitely go to that guy for a checkup!

SPOILER ALERT! I liked this one, and the lesson is a really good one. 
I liked the pairing of Twilight and Fluttershy together. I also really liked seeing Zecora again and loved Fluttershy's determination to save her friend. I also liked the Bayou accent on Meadowbrook and her decedent. I thought it was a little strange that Twilight wasn't more alarmed by the idea of Zecora and later Fluttershy turning into a tree. So I liked that the episode had Twilight say she attempted to get the honey while Fluttershy was passed out. I also thought the turning into a tree was a way for Hasbro to avoid putting the word "die" in the episode. To me this was definitely an episode about how people wear themselves down in a caretaker role when faced with a life altering or life threatening illness in a loved one which was an interesting topic for the show to cover. I'm a bit surprised the writers put in Fluttershy passing out which was a bit dark, but refused to cover death directly. I think kids could have handled the word "die" in here. 
 On a side note, about when Fluttershy gets dizzy and faints, I saw one of my teachers who had multiple health issues get dizzy exactly like that,his eyes rolled the exact same way, and it TERRIFIED ME, I had never been so scared in my life!!! I had no idea a real person's eyeballs could roll like that! Luckily he never did pass out or I would have completely panicked but he sure looked like he was a few seconds away from blacking out. I'm not sure how he was able to stop himself from fainting.  And his getting dizzy was partly due to him wanting to care for his students when he should have been caring for his own health.
So the lesson is vital. 
Anybody else think the turning into a tree is a way of talking about death without saying the word "death"?

• Brohoof 1