Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler "Once Upon A Zeppelin" Promo

ggg-2

>80% of this discussion is about how it is bad that spike is in it

Can we maybe talk about the episode at face value, instead of demonizing it without knowing anything about it?

9 minutes ago, Mesme Rize said:

>80% of this discussion is about how it is bad that spike is in it

Can we maybe talk about the episode at face value, instead of demonizing it without knowing anything about it?

But it means that Spike isn't considered part of the family. 

3 minutes ago, VG_Addict said:

Then cry about it for all i care. He isn't and he never will

39 minutes ago, Sly said:

Mmmmmhhhh I might have an idea of the direction this episode goes with:

Twilight is thrilled by the idea of passing a vacation with her whole family but then things didn't end how she expected as she has to deal with her fans. And since she was very looking forward to have a simple vacation with her family (which is understandeable since they see each other very rarely), she ends being disappointed and she ends up not having fun, no matter how her fans seems to try letting her having a good time. But then her family exorts her to try to be more open and enjoy the vacation despite things not having gone like she expected. Better enjoying something for what it offers than rejecting it for what it doesn't offer...... mmmmhhh... this reminds me something...

Sorry if I repost my theory by quoting myself but SOMEBODY overshadowed it by arguing about something silly...

7 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

That's actually a legitimate question though: Who DID set up the trip? her parents say in the promo they didn't ask questions.

Someone over at ponychan made a joking theory that actually might be interesting and kind of makes sense: Maybe the pony of shadows was the one who invited twilight's family and there might be an attempt at taking out twilight at some point on the trip?

Nah man. Remember season 4? Twilight gets super Protagonist priority dibs for her plotline episodes--- the FINALE ITSELF will be her legends episode, just like the Tirek episode was Twilight's key episode.

Sadly, I do feel that starlight does steal alot of spike time; She's basically twilight's new assistant, so she kind of ends up muscling him out alot (Fame and misfortune for example would have worked perfectly with spike in her place)

That's a good thing, I would love a return to central Twilight stories.

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

That's not what it means at all.

Me, my mom, and my step dad had a family trip to up north Michigan. My brother didn't go

ZOMG GUESS HE'S NOT PART OF THE FAMILY.

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

Sadly, I do feel that starlight does steal alot of spike time; She's basically twilight's new assistant, so she kind of ends up muscling him out alot (Fame and misfortune for example would have worked perfectly with spike in her place)

Starlight isn't replacing Spike, she's Twilight's student not assistant. Spike is most likely assistaning Starlight with her lessons like he did with Twilight. Spike is part of the family.

Edited by Brainstorm
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

I'm starting to think this has Discord written all over it.

I hope so. I want Discord to appear so badly. :twi:

22 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

It's one thing for Spike to have lesser appearances where he's not needed, but if he's not part of the Sparkle family vacation, these writers just crossed the line! This has become personal now.

I hope he will be there too and hopefully they just took the scenes without him. ^_^

Edited by Hierok

That line from Twilight's mom saying "When somepony offers you a free vacation, you don't ask questions" makes me hope that Twilight's parents aren't just made out to be naive idiots in this episode. Of course you ask questions, something like that offered by a stranger is very likely to have strings attached or some ulterior motive, especially considering that their family is royalty. It was mentioned earlier in this topic that someone like the Pony of Shadows could be looking to remove or incapacitate Princess Twilight, Princess Cadance, and/or Shining Armor. Or maybe the goal is to take the family hostage to use them as a bargaining chip or to try to demoralize others. Or the vacation could be an attempt to get a favor to pressure or coerce Princess Twilight or Princess Cadance later, like "Hey, I gave your family this vacation, now you have to do something for me".

The synopsis suggests that this whole thing might end up just being an attempt to please fans of Princess Twilight or get some fame and fortune from her popularity. But Princess Twilight and Princess Cadance are very important rulers and protectors of Equestria; I would hope that Twilight's parents would be aware of that and would be extremely cautious about offers out of the blue like this one seems to be.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Mesme Rize said:

Then cry about it for all i care. He isn't and he never will

Holy shit did you ever get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or something. :confused:

That statement about him not being family is an opinion I'm diametrically opposed to as I can imagine. Besides numerous examples that show otherwise, they even stated it explicitly at the end of "Dragon Quest."

If there's a feeling lately like he's not part of Twilight's family, then that's a writing problem and should be brought to the attention of the show runners.

The thing with Spike is this: Past experience has taught us complaining works. The complaints over what was happening to his character is what brought the new and improved Spike in S6. If it feels like he's slipping into obscurity, it's fair to take notice of it.

Having said that, I'm not sure complaining here or any forum is the best place for it. It would be better to bring it up at a con Q&A since it's not clear whether anyone who needs to see it is ever going to read about it. Though I suppose a bit of venting is therapeutic.

Of course, if S8 ends up being the last season it's too late anyway since I'm pretty sure all of the S8 scripts are pretty much locked in at this point. <_<

• Brohoof 3

30 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Holy shit did you ever get up on the wrong side of the bed this morning or something. :confused:

That statement about him not being family is an opinion I'm diametrically opposed to as I can imagine. Besides numerous examples that show otherwise, they even stated it explicitly at the end of "Dragon Quest."

If there's a feeling lately like he's not part of Twilight's family, then that's a writing problem and should be brought to the attention of the show runners.

The thing with Spike is this: Past experience has taught us complaining works. The complaints over what was happening to his character is what brought the new and improved Spike in S6. If it feels like he's slipping into obscurity, it's fair to take notice of it.

Having said that, I'm not sure complaining here or any forum is the best place for it. It would be better to bring it up at a con Q&A since it's not clear whether anyone who needs to see it is ever going to read about it. Though I suppose a bit of venting is therapeutic.

Of course, if S8 ends up being the last season it's too late anyway since I'm pretty sure all of the S8 scripts are pretty much locked in at this point. <_<

The movie is renewing the show. If the show is gonna end, it's probably seasons 9 or 10. Ooo rhyme! :D

I'll forgive Spike not being in the episode if the episode explains it, or at least manages to be a good episode anyway

I've been looking forward to this one for a long time and I don't want things to start on the wrong foot

Edited by Kiryu-Chan
  • Brohoof 1

After seeing the promo, this episode sounds pretty interesting. It looks like Twilight has some fans who are on the Zeppelin to meet with her. I wonder if these are some of the fans she had in the episode, "Fame and Misfortune." It's pretty cool we get to see Twilight's parents, Shining Armor, Cadence and Flurry Heart. I do wonder if Spike will be in this episode. I feel as though he's a part of Twilight's family, but hopefully it'll be explained why if he's not in the episode. I do wonder who offered Twilight's parents a prize for a free vacation. I would say Discord because of his interactions with Twilight in the past. If not, then I wonder who would come up with this vacation. All in all, the promo was pretty cool and I'm looking forward to the episode.