Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there ever be good canon ships?

SkyPie

Does developed romance not exist in Equestria? Unless there's some proof that they didn't, I'm going to assume the Cakes and Shining Armor + Cadance loved each other the second they laid eyes on each other. And Applejack's parents are a bit like Mary Sues in my opinion (and since when did babies fall in love?), so I don't like that couple as much as others.

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

Does developed romance not exist in Equestria? Unless there's some proof that they didn't, I'm going to assume the Cakes and Shining Armor + Cadance loved each other the second they laid eyes on each other. And Applejack's parents are a bit like Mary Sues in my opinion (and since when did babies fall in love?), so I don't like that couple as much as others.

Have you ever been in love? You sound too cynical for my tastes. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Have you ever been in love? You sound too cynical for my tastes. 

Nope. But that's just my opinion. Sorry if upset you.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

since when did babies fall in love?

I just assumed they became friends, and the romance came at a later date. The way I've heard it described, the person you love so much that you would commit to marriage should be your best friend. I guess that sounds kind of weird, but it makes sense to me. Why and how would anyone fall in love with someone they're not friends with?

• Brohoof 3

Well, I personally think MLP should steer away from ships. That will never end well. Besides, it's a show about friendship, not romance. I think it should stay that way.

I'm not at all interested in shipping in the first place, though. Seems a little pointless to me. Nothing against shipping or people who like to ship, though, if y'all wanna ship, go ahead and do it! just my opinion.

(edited)
5 minutes ago, GeekySonic said:

I just assumed they became friends, and the romance came at a later date. The way I've heard it described, the person you love so much that you would commit to marriage should be your best friend. I guess that sounds kind of weird, but it makes sense to me. Why and how would anyone fall in love with someone they're not friends with?

Bright Mac's heartbeat accelerated the first few moments of meeting Buttercup, which is one of the symptoms of love.

3 minutes ago, Rhythm Red said:

Well, I personally think MLP should steer away from ships. That will never end well. Besides, it's a show about friendship, not romance. I think it should stay that way.

Same. I just wish if they really want to do it, then at least do it well.

Edited by SkyPie
  • Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

I just think they shouldn't push ships into our faces. That's not what MLP is about. We should stick to the current canon ships, IMO. They make sense.

4 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

Bright Mac's heartbeat accelerated the first few moments of meeting Buttercup, which is one of the symptoms of love.

Ugh. I'm sorry but your post is honestly sounding like "true love doesn't exist and anyone who believes in it is an idiot." Which is a bad message to say, especially to people who need it the most.

I know it's your opinion, but it physically hurts me when someone says that! :(

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Rhythm Red said:

I just think they shouldn't push ships into our faces. That's not what MLP is about. We should stick to the current canon ships, IMO. They make sense.

Shoot, I thought you meant the show MLP shouldn't have canon ships. :blink:

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Ugh. I'm sorry but your post is honestly sounding like "true love doesn't exist and anyone who believes in it is an idiot." Which is a bad message to say, especially to people who need it the most.

I know it's your opinion, but it physically hurts me when someone says that! :(

I do believe true love exists, just not love at first sight. And I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I apologize again for coming off that way. :blush:

Edited by SkyPie
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, SkyPie said:

Shoot, I thought you meant the show MLP shouldn't put canon ships into the show. :blink:

Lol nah. The canon ships are fine, they make sense.

The world of shipping is crazy though. There are some ships people come up with that would make zero sense for the show. It's best to leave shipping as a fan thing for people to enjoy, rather than to actually make new canon ships that don't belong on the show.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Just now, Rhythm Red said:

Lol nah. The canon ships are fine, they make sense.

The world of shipping is crazy though. There are some ships people come up with that would make zero sense for the show. It's best to leave shipping as a fan thing for people to enjoy, rather than to actually make new canon ships that don't belong on the show.

Sorry for the misunderstanding!

Oh yeah, I hate the random and weird ships like FlutterMac. I only like the ones who would go well together and actually spend time together, like the one my profile is dedicated to.

It's all good. :P

5 minutes ago, SkyPie said:

I do believe true love exists, just not love at first sight. And I wasn't trying to insult anyone. I apologize again for coming off that way. :blush:

I recommend watching this whole video but I have it start at the part of the video you should definitely hear about Love at First Sight.

Did you hear the guy words at roughly 1:50-1:55? 

Spoiler

He clearly pointed out that Love at First Sight is not necessarily impossible, just very rare. You claiming that LaFS not existing is what's rubbing me the wrong way. ok?

• Brohoof 1

The Big Mac/Sugar Belle thing was clearly rather lazy on the writers’ part, but I don’t see the issue with Cadance/Shining Armour and the Cakes just already being together, and the Apple parents are never actually seen in real time. Since the show is mostly about platonic relationships, and especially since it’s still not very interested in serialized storytelling, I just don’t think it’ll go any further, and so what?

Edited by AlexanderThrond

14 hours ago, SkyPie said:

It's a symptom of dopamine, oxytocin, adrenaline, and vasopressin. There are several interactions similar to love that can trigger the same chemicals response that would increase heart, such as norepinephrine. Seeing your own baby for the first time also triggers some of the same chemicals, so it's wise to categorize the different types and functions of love. Meeting a friend that you click with also can trigger similar responses. What is missing from many examples of love is romantic attraction. That reasonably didn't exist when Pear Butter and Bright Mac were foals for obvious reasons. 

Anyway, there are a multitude of cannon ships and marriages on the show, and while I don't know what the next few years will bring, I suspect we haven't seen the end of new love. :)

23 hours ago, Rhythm Red said:

No ships are make sense. a ship is a pairing between two characters made by a fan, and that does not make sense does not become real because it's not official nor canon.  must admit it and confess it. 

Edited by Van123

• 4 years later...