Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What are some of your best childhood memories?

Lucky Bolt

This idea for a new thread just came to me: what were your best childhood memories? 

Mine were back when my parents used to take me and my siblings to the Volusia Speedway dirt track races every weekend, if I remember right I must've been about 8, 9 and 10 years old, those were good times, probably my best childhood memories right there. I also have so many good memories of when I lived in Illinois and we would go out to my cousin's house every winter and he would attach a sled to his tractor and pull me and my brother around on it in the snow, and during the warmer months we would ride go karts and 4-wheelers around their land. So what about y'all?

• Brohoof 7

actually when i think about it i didnt really do anything in my childhood and nothing really stands out of being kinda medicore  looking from my point of view as of now. well you could say when i joined here in the forums are good memories but i was already like 16-17 at that time so i dont really know if that counts as childhood

• Brohoof 2

Honestly, I think of my whole childhood as one big fond memory at the moment, but, my fondest memories would have to be all the times I've spent doing things with my family, various memories from my old primary school, as well as some of the suburbs I lived in... Hard for me to pick just one. I'm pretty happy just trying to pick a good memory. May have to go back to this thread later when I remember a specific memory I liked...

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I can't think of a specific memory that stands out, but my childhood in general (apart from some bad things) was an amazing time, especially the time before school. It was so carefree, I was unaware of how cruel the world can be. Some very little things could make me very happy. Listening to music, watching cartoons – sure, I still do that, but it was different then, almost any cartoon kept me glued to the TV, no matter how unremarkable it was in hindsight. If I got interested in something (Pokémon, for example, but also whatever I liked when I was very little), I was really obsessed with it. I was sure the future would be great, whatever it brought. I really wish I could go back, even for a day. :rarity:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

Man, there are so many good memories... My favorite one would probably have to be hanging out with my neighbors as a kid. We’d skateboard around the neighborhood, ride our bikes to stores and hang out in the park. We did so much, and it saddens me knowing that I’ll never get to relive any of that, since all of them moved away. 

Plus one of them was one of the early bronies. ;) 

My entire childhood was fun, though. I miss those days. :( 

• Brohoof 2

In summer 1998 (before August 14 -- my birthday -- so I was still 7 at the time), I went to Classy Kids.

Among other things, I encountered the legendary Nintendo 64 for the first time. (Guess what I ended up wanting -- and getting -- for said birthday?)

• Brohoof 1

Definitely all those times I went riding, going out into the Nature on horses is amazing. Those are some of my best memories. Also alot of memories with my oldest friends, whom I am still friends with now :D 

All those times sitting in a corner with a cup of tea reading Harry Potter books...what can go wrong?

Also, the beach and all those waterparks. Man, were they fun.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I probably have a lot more, but let's start with one.

As a kid back in grade school we were playing baseball in PE, and it was my turn to bat. I was very shaken up because I was Fluttershy levels of shy as a kid and hated being in the spotlight. I miss the first two swings and I could hear people laughing because of how bad my timing was. Though rather than walking away in shame like I wanted to do I stayed. When that third ball came I had actually hit the thing... and launched it across the field. By the time they could retrieve the ball I was already at second base, and sprinting for third. They weren't quick enough to stop me and I made it to home.

I had a similar moment in high school when in ROTC we were doing chin ups. People weren't expecting a lot out of me, though I proved them wrong when I was able to surpass the average and continue despite being fatigued.

Moral of the story, I may not look like the sporty type of guy but I'am very energetic.

Edited by Snow Frostflame
  • Brohoof 2

'93-'98 we lived in a house that was located behind my aunts. My aunt had a pool so my earliest childhood memories consist of almost everyday spent at the pool- stealing WWE ice cream bars from my uncles freezer in the shed, listening to the 90's rock station constantly, taking the bikes with my brother and his friends to the deli down the road where we'd always grab icecream or candies (and I'd always buy spice girls lollipops and hide the rest so only I could get them because they'd always run out of them), haha. Laying on the hammock every late afternoon taking a nap with the two cats I had at the time. Also going to a Spice Girls concert on my birthday in '98 (I was obsessed, lol). 

And any and every memory spent with my grandma in the early 2000's. 
My entire early childhood is one big great memory for me, for the most part. :D

• Brohoof 1

Summer Camp. A place called StarChild Academy in Apopka Florida where we played video games, watched movies, and went on field trips every single day. From 2nd grade to 6th, those were the days, back when I didn't have a worry in the world...

Made friends, learned stuff, discovered games, fell for my first love, built much needed social skills. Great times all around.

• Brohoof 1

When I first encountered video games when I stayed at an Embassy Suites and played Super Mario World on the room's SNES. It made me into the gamer I am today.

• Brohoof 1

I lived in a modern housing estate when I was younger but at the end of our street was bushland, I thought this was the best thing ever. I used to go bike riding all around there and build forts there with all the kids in the street, it was awesome. Wouldn't mind to just go back there and have a look around to see if anything has changed in 12 years. 

• Brohoof 1

That's an easy one. All my best memories are from the family vacations we took every summer. We used to go to ghost towns in Arizona and Nevada, Glacier Nat'l Park, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, Hawaii and my all-time favorite, Disneyland. The latter shaped my life into what it is today (and hopefully always will be). :)

• Brohoof 3

My best childhood memories was having an adventurous personality with hopes and dreams to boot.

Because of this I went somewhere and did things where a kid has hardly went or done. Traversing through murky forests in the afternoon. Walking all over to the market by myself as an 8 year old. Most importantly, Going through dangerous routes and situations that would’ve gotten me kidnapped or killed by strangers. Also, getting into a Taxi and hitching a ride back home all by my lonesome self as a kid while making sure I pay the Taxi Driver at the end once I reached my destination.

Nowadays, that adventurous side of me is lost to time. And my dreams are just that. Dreams.

I once played a card game called DuelMasters (AKA Kaijudo in Japan). It was fun for a card game. Never got to play with anyone with it though. :(

Please note: This was all happening when I was in my native country.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite memory was the time where I befriended a pack of stray dogs. Everyday after that, I would be followed around by them and spent more time with those dogs more than humans. In fact, I still remember their names and all the times they've attacked my friends

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Playing games on my DS and going on car trips with my grandparents. I even remember actually having fun at school when I was 10 to 11.

Edited by Cash_In
  • Brohoof 2

• 5 months later...

All of my childhood vacations from many parts of the US. Las Vegas, Boston, Maine, Washington DC, New York City, Canada, The Bahamas, New Orleans, Louisville, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Chicago, Northern Michigan, Atlanta, and Charlotte.

• Brohoof 1

I remember going to a indoors park where lots of crazy fun shit was there. I think it was called the Mansion of Laughter or some shit. Finishing Super Mario World, Special World included. Mario 64. Progressing in Majora’s Mask. And the Christmas where I got the GBA :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

My best childhood memory was taking a walk and feeling at absolute peace with the world. My other good memories include:

- Going to Disney for the first time

- Playing with the kids at my old neighborhood

- This one Christmas where I got a video camera and started making a mini documentary with it (it’s deleted now unfortunately, but I still remember it briefly)

- Finding a baby turtle near the shallow waters at the beach and naming him Squirt

Edited by ExplosionMare
Added one more thing
  • Brohoof 2