Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Worst Games Ever Played

Laurel Crown

Title speaks for itself. I'm really curious to hear your opinions and stories about the worst games you ever played in past or in the present.
To keep things a little bit more interesting, I'm gonna talk about the games we played ourselves and not just the usual garbage like E.t. for the 2600 or Big Rigs. I mean the games we thought were good but left a bad taste in my mouth.

Here's an example.

Nicktoons: Battle for Volcano Island
I rent it from my cousin years ago because I always wanted to play as Timmy Turner (as a huge fan of The Fairly OddParents back in its prime) but what I got was a short and shoddy platformer with a very thin and uninteresting plot, characters acting the same with very little gimmicks to make them unique, boring bosses (with the final boss being a copy-and-paste of the first one) and not playing the characters you want like this crossover is supposed to.
I get to play as Timmy once in the game and Spongebob/Danny Phantom in the rest.
Overall, a generally boring and plain game with a well-intended premise executed poorly.

DOOM 3. A game that completely distanced itself from the original DOOM series and what it should be. Fortunately they did the reboot much, much better.

44 minutes ago, SkyDive said:

DOOM 3. A game that completely distanced itself from the original DOOM series and what it should be. Fortunately they did the reboot much, much better.

I wouldn't say Doom 3 is THAT bad, but it is easily the worst entry in the series...

Worst I've played is Superman 64. One of my friends collects a lot of older video games and he had that game in his collection (I guess for novelty's sake or something), and I dislike pretty much everything about the game, especially the controls. A part of me wants to think hell must feel like a game of Superman 64.

39 minutes ago, Nightfall Gloam said:

Worst I've played is Superman 64. One of my friends collects a lot of older video games and he had that game in his collection (I guess for novelty's sake or something), and I dislike pretty much everything about the game, especially the controls. A part of me wants to think hell must feel like a game of Superman 64.

A game that literally makes you ask if quality control was even in the budget.

Basically any games that need microtransactions for full experience. As soon as they say "pay us more money", I lose interest.

As for the gameplay aspect, I'd say Disciples 3: Renaissance - an example of how to ruin a good game series.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, MaresFillies said:

My Little Pony: Pinkie Pie's Party. I thought it was Pinkie Pie as in G4 Pinkie Pie. XD

I'm sure it's nothing more than a bargain bin game in quality (as are the majority of other games made out of toy/cartoon properties), but it's a bit unfair to judge it over the generation of MLP. I mean, did you not even see the cover or anything before playing the game?

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, SkyDive said:

10 hours ago, Key Sharkz said:

I wouldn't say Doom 3 is THAT bad, but it is easily the worst entry in the series...

You all are bonkers... Doom 3 is great. It did a fantastic spin on the original series. :proud:

As for a terrible game, Aliens: Colonial Marines... just ugh.

• Brohoof 2

Big rig over the road is terrible,yet so fun.

Roblox is garbage

lego Star Wars for gameboi

cod wwii

cod bo3/bo4/aw/iw

^garbage

good games:

Halo trilogy CE/H2/H3

Halo reach

Doom 4

Forza series

nfsu/nfsu2/nfsmw/

minecraft

Battlefront 1&2 (SCREW EA)

Republic commando

KOTOR 1&2

the list goes on

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Nightmare Terror said:

Roblox is garbage

Ironically I played it back in 2008 circa and wasn't mainstream and complex at the time.
The only cringy part I can remember is the "Decals" section which felt like a section of stolen DeviantArt works..... and a lot of "fanboy-istic" garbage.

But to be fair, Roblox has its fair share of fun stuff, past the fandom though.

5 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

Ironically I played it back in 2008 circa and wasn't mainstream and complex at the time.
The only cringy part I can remember is the "Decals" section which felt like a section of stolen DeviantArt works..... and a lot of "fanboy-istic" garbage.

Roblox is And always be pure garbage.especially those robux...

This is a bit tricky because I tend to like most games I play, though here are some I don't like.

Dark Souls (but I'm willing to give it another chance)
Clash of Heroes
Magic The Gathering
Any CoD with that God awful jumping mechanic
KoTOR (I feel I would of loved it as a kid, but it just feels unnecessarily hard and doesn't click with me)
Battlefront I and II Classic (Not the worst games I've played, they've just aged poorly since I was a kid. Much prefer the EA versions.... that being said)
Battlefront II (This game was awesome when they removed the microtransactions, but of course fans had to ruin the game for everyone. Now instead of earning your gear, you practically get it like candy... my biggest complaint with the first Battlefront game.)

6 hours ago, Laurel Crown said:

Rob lox was good when I played it back in 2008, before all the ADOPT ME places, and expensive game passes.

I played this game called “Hunt Down The Freeman” it was really bad. I’m glad I got a refund.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, this is a weird one. Bowling games. Almost every bowling video game that I have had the misfortune of playing has been bad. Horrible controls, slow menus and load times, constant freezing and overall buggy game play is the downfall of most bowling games. I swear, I could make a better game and I have absolutely no experience making games.

• Brohoof 1

Dragon Ball Z Ultimate Battle 22 is a garbage game, even by DBZ standards, poor controls and visual, incredibly sluggish, this game was a hard reminder to never buy anything just because it has your favorite show's name slapped on it

• Brohoof 1

Thrillville: Off the Rails' DS port (heard that the console ports are better, so I don't know about them) is a game that is so bad that I'd have to get PAID to play it again.

The game is the most boring, contrived, disgusting looking epitome of the atrocious that I've ever had to personally deal with. The graphics look like a combination of FFIV's DS port, a badly rendered early 90's PC game, and vomit, the game is contrived to the greatest degree (the game is literally concentrated on THREE minigames. THREE), and it is so boring that I'd probably get bored before I even left the main menu screen if I tried to play it now. 

Action 52 (NES): 52 games that are barely playable and most of them contain many glitches.

Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis (GBA): When you get outdone by an unofficial port, you know you screwed up. Glitches, poor porting of a soundtrack and it adds glitches not seen in the original Sonic the Hedgehog game!

Advanced Dungeons and Dragons - Heroes of the Lance (NES): By far the worst RPG out there. Who knew that one party member was required for the final boss and if she died, the game was outright unwinnable? Laggy controls, uninspiring gameplay, suspect platforming and it's another case of why licensed games back then didn't pan out, for the most part.

• Brohoof 3