Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone find pony x pony shipping boring?

Bendy

(edited)

Do you just find pony x pony boring and too vanilla? As in found in shipping fan fiction, and other fandom stuff.

I'm a lot more interested in griffon x pony,  human x pony, and general sapient interspecies romance, over boring old pony x pony.

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 1

I have tons of pony x pony ships. That said, I also have a LARGE amount of interspecies ships, and they’re usually my faves.

It’s all good to me. The personalities are what make the ships fun.

• Brohoof 1

Not really.  But what I find while not necessarily boring but not as interesting would be heterosexual shipping, at least for this fandom.  While I do ship Rarity and Capper, the vast majority of the ships that I am interested in FiM would be queer.

image.jpeg.e7a8a152151b8ce27c551ff887ed1c86.jpeg

image.jpeg.f44fe48812e91e6cf88cce658e62cffb.jpeg

Image result for sandbar and gallus

image.jpeg.35d4b552d2943c891149187959b5e099.jpeg

• Brohoof 1

I don't find pony/pony shipping boring, but I do enjoy inter-species shipping quite a lot. It's one reason why I've always enjoyed that little moment in the comics between Rarity and Blackthorn. XD

852003__safe_blackthorn_rarity_spike_twi 1682493__safe_screencap_blackthorn_deer_

I find any specie x specie shipping fine (I, myself I ship my OC from a future fic with a bat pony. Does that count?)as long isn't canon related. I only ship OC x OC.

I don't mind pony x pony shipping, I find a lot of the ships especially ones with Rainbow Dash in them as being extremely cute (And hot sometimes) :sealed:

But I don't mind pony x other creatures ships either, sometimes those are just a little more interesting than the normal pony x pony ships. I like to ship my pony OC with Rainbow Dash and @Sherbert Music-Guard's OC, though I would be open to having my OC get shipped with say a griffon or something, as that would create a very interesting set-up......... 

• Brohoof 1

No, I'm not bored of pony x pony ships. Far from it. I actually don't like inter-species ships at all.

At best, I can accept inter-equine ships. Luna X Zecora is one good example of this I actually support. I'd even ship a pony with a donkey if they introduced one that didn't look like an old geezer. These ships are fine with me since that would be the equivalent of shipping humans with elves in Lord of the Rings, or humans with mutants in the Marvel universe. They all share the right humanoid features to make the attraction believable, and pleasant to the eye.

Anything past equine territory is just..... why? I know personality's the most important thing in a relationship, but my suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far here. Why is Fluttercord even a thing? That's like getting a human to hook up with a Predator.

(edited)
14 hours ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

Anything past equine territory is just..... why? I know personality's the most important thing in a relationship, but my suspension of disbelief can only be stretched so far here. Why is Fluttercord even a thing? That's like getting a human to hook up with a Predator.

(If you don't like being quoted then I apologize in advance.)

It's alright dude or dudet, it's clear that it's not your cup of tea. People like what they want and you like what you want. 

Stories are still stories, you believe or not there are stories where humans have been shipped with predator (from aliens/predators). 

You don't like it, it's your choice, no one's gonna force you in it. But the way you wrote it, it seems like you're bashing them harshly who like this. 

I'm a pretty big fan of Fluttercord myself and I find your sentence a little offensive.

(No offense intended)

Edited by An Admirer

Just now, An Admirer said:

You don't like it, it's your choice, no one's gonna force you in it. But the way you wrote it, it seems like you're bashing them harshly who like this. 

I'm a pretty big fan of Fluttercord myself and I find your sentence a little offensive.

Yeah, welcome to the internet.

• 2 years later...